Public charter
Philadelphia, PA

Posted April 07, 2015
My school is perfect, I've been going there since kindergarten. I am a current 7th grader. The teachers care so much! The way they help you and care is amazing. They are so talented and I don't know where I would be with out them. They are there when ever I'm confused, they make sure that I am going to get into a good Highschool. They make learning into fun! We go on amazing trips, ( Canada, Bahamas, Washington etc.) If you are looking for a safe, caring, academically excellent school Global leadership is your school

Posted August 29, 2014
I went there since kindergarten and it use to be a good school. The next thing you know, it turns out awful. The school use to be in Northeast Philadelphia in a church. The teachers actually cared, they truly did. Suddenly, when I was about to go outside, I see orange tape on the outside of the grass. A bunch of months sooner, our sister school called Wing Site in West Philadelphia get burned down. This was on fox news. We ended up having to become one school in West Philadelphia. I ended up hating that school, the students: mean, the teachers: bad (only one was good), the ceo and principal: they don't care, the environment: awful. They lie to you about the things they will add to make the school better. One time, I saw one of the faculty members at the mall and I said hi. I already left the school and they don't even remember me. I was always loved by the principal and now they forget about me forever. I called the school to just visit my old classmates cause I thought they changed and I wanted to see them, but they said I would be disturbing them. (Btw they turned my friends into bad inappropriate friends). In conclusion, NEVER GO THERE!!!

Posted January 28, 2014
My school is a great school. They care for us and want us to succeed at all level. The Collegiate Academy teachers are doing a great job of preparing me and fellow scholars for High School and the Future ahead of us. The school is also embracing diversity by allowing the 7th and 8th graders to learn the language Chinese which is very exciting. The Global Studies ( History) Class is also preparing us scholars for our big trips to Canada and the Bahamas. This is a great and wonderful school. I have been going to this school since 3rd grade and I am now in the 7th grade. This school has took me under my wing.

Global Leadership Academy Cs 4

Posted June 02, 2013
ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT "GLA HAS DONE A SUPERB JOB"!! My daughter graduated from Mt. Airy Church Of God And Christ june 2010. Bishop Morris & Mrs. Joseph the director, was very proud to see that my daughter still has honor status and that she posesses strong reading & math skills. GLA is making great strides & progress and they're also a beacon of light in the West Philadelphia Community. "GLA IS MOVING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION"!!

Global Leadership Academy Cs 2

Posted November 13, 2012
I must admit that GLA which stands for Global Leadership Academy is the most unprofessional, uncouth and disorganized learning institution to send your child/children to become educated. Such vast amounts of the staff members failed to manifest leadership skills and sound minds themselves. A lot of you prospective parents please note that GLA will bump your child on the waiting list to get theirs on board first. Also, please don't have a disagreement with the administrators there regarding your child, because almost every staff member is involved. When I say they're a bunch of miserable, petty and immature group that's exactly what I mean.

Posted August 07, 2012
My daughter started GLA in Kindergarten and is now going into the 4th grade. I can say that the only reason she has been there thus far is because of the academics. Now that I have the pleasantries out of the way, heres what I really think of this school. The administration at this school are the most unprofessional people I have ever came across in my life. The teachers are wonderful, and I have no complaints about them, however the Principal, Vice Principal, office staff, and Dean of Students are the worst! These people are in serious need of proper training when it comes to working with parents. They are rude, insensitive, and extremely unorganized. My daughter is Academically Advanced as well, so my opinion is by know means coming from bitterness, on the contrary, my opinion of this school is one of many of the parents they may have not given a rating. I plan on getting my daughter out of this school as soon as I am able because 4 years with no changes is enough for me. I am also fed up with the overly priced uniforms, and this school charges students different fees on a whim. I would not advise any parent to send their child to GLA, save yourselves the headache.

Posted July 15, 2012
Many People say this school is great or fantastic or example of leadership. Let me tell you this school is non of the above. This school was-great and all those things the past few years but when the teachers from the northeast came together with the people from the west it was TERRIBLE.I personally want to leave this school i mean i am so desperate I would go to a public school. The teachers have Terrible Attitudes and they have TOO MANY drama GIRLS ARE CATTY AND BOYS ARE MEAN PEOPLE ARE FIGHTING FOR THE DUMBEST THINGS (LIKE STEPPING ON EACH OTHERS FEET THAT HAPPENED). They have to many activities and we barley time to learn. When I took the PSSA the past year i swear i didn't understand one thing. the worst part the trips, sure they make the trips sound fun and exiting in the family meeting but they didn't tell you that Canada is boring and if you don't want to go they will lower your grade. I don't want to go and i don't wanna pay to go but I HAVE to otherwise ill get a C people out there im warning you dont come to this school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP!

Posted June 24, 2012
My son started at GLA in kindergarten and he is now going into 2nd grade. I love this school and so does my son. All of the staff really love the children. He is academically advanced so the teachers keep him challenged but he still has time to have fun too. The work is challenging, no tolerance for nonsense, safe environment, clean bright& cheery state-of-the-art building, and many classes that aren't offered in public school. This year he had art, gym, Spanish, music, academics plus (for kids who work above grade level), technology, library, global studies, as well as the traditional math, reading/English, etc. this school is simply amazing. They are also very family friendly and more than encourages the parents to be involved. They have plenty of events all year long for families. If you choose this school you won't be disappointed. They will genuinely nurture and care for your child like their very own. I love it!

Global Leadership Academy Cs 4

Posted August 18, 2011
GLA is certainly on the move. A friendly and always inviting atmosphere where a "smile", a "hello" or some form of peasantry opens the door before one enters the building. My daughters, (the younger one begins in Sept.) love this school! scholars are rewarded with mini celebrations from time to time after "academic" achievements. Music being a part of the cirriculum, offers the public entertainment in the form of a school choir which is rare today in most schools. The annual Christmas concert is truly a "TREAT" , which takes one back to the "days of ole'.

Posted May 10, 2011
My daughter will be Attending GLA in September, all the new parent received a few invitatiions already to meetings and events, went to orentation everything sound so wonderful, they are very organized, I'm excited for my daughter

Global Leadership Academy Cs
4601 Girard Ave., Philadelphia, PA  19131
Last modified Global Leadership Academy Cs is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Global Leadership Academy Cs Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top