Posted August 28, 2014
The school has increased enrollment giving other children more opportunities to attend a good school. As a city school, their test scores are excellent. My children have done very well at this school.

Posted August 17, 2014
My kids go to this school, It's a very safe school. Not to mention my kids have fun going to school because of the way they teach.

Posted August 16, 2014
My daughter is entering her third year at PPACS. As a family we love the school and can't wait for my son to enter. That being said PPACS is a choice you make as a family and if your looking for the full experience be prepared to put in the effort. We have had nothing but good experiences with all the staff here. If you are sending your child for the special classes be prepared to follow through as a parent. Yes we have had to put time in to understanding a violin to help our daughter practice, learning ballet to make sure positions are correct, and having to thoroughly practice French at home. Theses were efforts we had to make as a family and it was a big adjustment but it was something we did as part of our commitment in sending our daughter to a school we felt was on par with educational, community, and moral ideals.

Posted June 11, 2014
Do not send your children here. What they preach & what they practice are polar opposite. Their leadership is deplorable. And they are getting away with it all because the city schools are a mess.

Posted May 31, 2014
My Kindergartner is reading,writing simple sentences, solving math problems and learning the arts. Academically, my child is thriving at PPACS. Some of the problems the schools has comes from the administration. To me, they seem to make quick decision without thinking of the impact on parents. However, PPACS is a fairly a new school and they are working through some of this problems. I couldn't be happier about choosing to send my child to PPACS. As a parent, you want your child to become a well-rounded individual, and I feel PPACS helps develop my child to strive long after his departure.

Philadelphia Performing Arts Cs 2

Posted May 31, 2014
My daughter is coming to this school on September. Really excited and believe she will flourish here. I encourage administrators to add Spanish to the curriculum as a second language alternative I believe our children will navigate more effectively in American culture where the number spanish population is growing

Posted May 30, 2014
This school is absolutely horrible. There is no male teachers or administrators which is concerning. The teachers are never available and the children are forced to do ballet without being able to pick. Also they teach French which is not used much in business marketing, or social services. So what are they really preparing the children for???The school is located on Broad Street which is extremely dangerous for many reason and the building is unwelcoming and unfriendly structurally. The building sits on top of the El Station and the children hear it throughout their day. Removing my children after only 1 year.

Philadelphia Performing Arts Cs 3

Posted May 06, 2014
String Theory school are growing too fast and the quality is suffering. There is no excuse for the low level art teachers that are being hired considering how many art teachers are unemployed these days. The school would do well to stop rampant nepotism and hire teachers and staff based on their credentials, not who went to which catholic school, or how long you've lived in Philadelphia. The concept of the school is excellent and my daughter did received the support she needed, but we witnessed a steep drop in quality in the last couple of years. And the parent who said her child speaks french.. laughable. No conversation french.. number the anthem and other nonsense

Posted April 20, 2014
PHILADELPHIA PERFORMING ARTS CHARTER SCHOOL is not just a school, it's a community working together to provide not only an excellent education for the children who are blessed to be selected to attend, the school teaches students respect for authority, the school and each other. This should be the model for all schools.

Posted March 19, 2014
After reading some reviews, I'm going to reconsider enrolling my child in this school. Reading what that student went threw I'm not sending my child!

Philadelphia Performing Arts Cs
2600 South Broad St, Philadelphia, PA  19145
Last modified Philadelphia Performing Arts Cs is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Philadelphia Performing Arts Cs Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 48 reviews.