Public charter
Philadelphia, PA

Posted May 28, 2015
My children transferred to PPACS from a Catholic School. My wife and I were pleased with the Catholic school but PPACS seemed to offer more opportunity. We are just about to finish up our first year here and couldn't be happier with our decision to transfer. Out children are doing excellent academically. Test scores are high. The exposure to new things that our children are getting far surpasses what the catholic school offered. Yes the morel education that catholic schools provide is better than PPACS. However morel education should be taught at home.

Posted March 31, 2015
I have applied every year for four years now without success. I've talked to other parents whose children attended this school and have all told me they knew someone to get in. You dint get in unless you know someone. Very discouraging.

Posted November 15, 2014
Had a chance to look around inside this So Called Prestigious school on November 10th,2014. On their Open House flyer (as well their website) did mention lottery application available online and each campus, for those who don't have internet access, can get the application at the campus. I know a lot of desperate parents (including me) have high hopes on that date thought It's all about registration, but we all get disappointed. Instead of handed out the application, they handed out the Petitions for us to sign. Tricky yet smart move though. How could you reach out to hundreds of people when you can lured them to come to you instead. I hope they really did get all the signatures they need. Don't get me wrong though, I love the idea of adding more school. It's for everybody's sake. But next time do something nice and more transparent.

Posted August 28, 2014
The school has increased enrollment giving other children more opportunities to attend a good school. As a city school, their test scores are excellent. My children have done very well at this school.

Posted August 17, 2014
My kids go to this school, It's a very safe school. Not to mention my kids have fun going to school because of the way they teach.

Posted August 16, 2014
My daughter is entering her third year at PPACS. As a family we love the school and can't wait for my son to enter. That being said PPACS is a choice you make as a family and if your looking for the full experience be prepared to put in the effort. We have had nothing but good experiences with all the staff here. If you are sending your child for the special classes be prepared to follow through as a parent. Yes we have had to put time in to understanding a violin to help our daughter practice, learning ballet to make sure positions are correct, and having to thoroughly practice French at home. Theses were efforts we had to make as a family and it was a big adjustment but it was something we did as part of our commitment in sending our daughter to a school we felt was on par with educational, community, and moral ideals.

Posted June 11, 2014
Do not send your children here. What they preach & what they practice are polar opposite. Their leadership is deplorable. And they are getting away with it all because the city schools are a mess.

Posted May 31, 2014
My Kindergartner is reading,writing simple sentences, solving math problems and learning the arts. Academically, my child is thriving at PPACS. Some of the problems the schools has comes from the administration. To me, they seem to make quick decision without thinking of the impact on parents. However, PPACS is a fairly a new school and they are working through some of this problems. I couldn't be happier about choosing to send my child to PPACS. As a parent, you want your child to become a well-rounded individual, and I feel PPACS helps develop my child to strive long after his departure.

Philadelphia Performing Arts Cs 2

Posted May 31, 2014
My daughter is coming to this school on September. Really excited and believe she will flourish here. I encourage administrators to add Spanish to the curriculum as a second language alternative I believe our children will navigate more effectively in American culture where the number spanish population is growing

Posted May 30, 2014
This school is absolutely horrible. There is no male teachers or administrators which is concerning. The teachers are never available and the children are forced to do ballet without being able to pick. Also they teach French which is not used much in business marketing, or social services. So what are they really preparing the children for???The school is located on Broad Street which is extremely dangerous for many reason and the building is unwelcoming and unfriendly structurally. The building sits on top of the El Station and the children hear it throughout their day. Removing my children after only 1 year.

Philadelphia Performing Arts Cs
2600 South Broad St, Philadelphia, PA  19145
Last modified Philadelphia Performing Arts Cs is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Philadelphia Performing Arts Cs Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 64 reviews. Top