Public charter
Philadelphia, PA
Before care: Yes

Posted November 23, 2014
I have been attending New Foundations Charter School for over 8 years now and can honestly say this is one of the best schools to be at. The teachers want to see you achieve and do their best to help you in any way. Is the school strict? Yes. If your child is getting detentions and such then that is on them for not behaving. It is far from the teacher's fault. The school has a friendly environment and many opportunities for the students, this including academics and extracurricular.

Posted September 16, 2014
my boys have been attending nfcs . its a wonderful school. the school prepares them for whats to come. there is no reason i would ever remove my boys from this school. the teachers and faculty are amazing. I have no issues with this school.

Posted September 04, 2014
School is absolutely horrible. My son has sat in wet clothes in school because he wasnt sllowed to go to the bathroom. Report card says one thing but they say another. When I.ask the progress of my son, everything is ok when really its not. His teacher rarely came through on what she said. In the end I pulled my son. They blamed his old school for not giving him the "proper foundation" they were going to hold him.back and fuse to pass him with the grades he has, so when I.went to register him in another school hes going to the next grade. The only 3 people I liked were ms terry ms colligan and ms tiffany. Great communication with all 3 :-)

Posted July 01, 2014
At firstvi was all excited then everything went down hill. My son was given paperwork to attend tutoring...its all a money thing! He had to attend both math and reading. Math he was excellent in but still needed to go but I pulled him. No.communication what do ever. I know im the parent and its my responsibility to keep up with my sons progress but if theres a pronlem it should be brought to my attention and not left go!!! The only communication that was great was the counselor. Shes Amazing! But now because of tge lack of communicationand tge teacher saying sshe will send home extra practice and didnt my son has been held back!! He can do it at home. The teachervwould say one thing and his grades reflected in a positive way. Then her stories would change. I will never recommend any one to.go to this school! Philadelphia public schools are no.better but id rather him go thete then NFCS.

Posted June 19, 2014
I literally hate this school. while I was reading the reviews its like " great community" and "the staff is all so Friendly".The only reason I like going is to school is to see my friends and my favorite teacher Mrs.Tingle-Oline.Other than Mrs.Tingle the staff members are horrible.One teacher actually had the nerve to lie to my parents.Also they should relax on lateness.I was counted for 30 lateness at the end of the year and majority of those lateness were me walking into the class room at 7:00.Also some of the teacher need to actually teach.My last complaint is the staff, especially the Principal, choose favorites. Some of the 12 graders have been to his beach house. How unprofessional is that.Not only that but if you are one of his favorites he buys you birthday gifts.So,at New Foundations things are not what they seem to be.thats coming from the perspective of a 9 grader, that gets honor rolls every semester and dedicates her time volunteering there, not only do I do that but I am on the athletics teams there that has won multiple trophies.Truth being that we are the only team in the whole school to win anything and yet who gets new uniforms but the basketball team.

Posted April 22, 2014
I attend this school right now and love it! The teachers and staff r wonderful! Never too mean, always nice and kind. The only thing I noticed r the kindergarten teachers r infraction crazy! I got 6 infractions in kindergarten, but only 1 or 2 every other year since. The waiting list is kinda long but it's worth the wait! I'm in 5th grade and can't wait 2 keep moving up. Also, I'm in the k-8 building but for older kids there is a 9-12 building down the street! Idk the wait time for there, but it has wonderful programs and a beautiful building. GO NFCS AND NFCHS!!! (New Foundations Charter High School)

Posted March 11, 2014
Poor staff, Bad enviroment - Gives detentions to unliked students...ect - Would not recommend going here - 1 reputation mother of 3 children that go to this school

New Foundations Cs 4

Posted February 11, 2014
New Foundations is where my grandson attends. I have seen a marked improvement in his overall academics. I enjoy when I visit the school and I am charmed by the politeness of the students and the pleasant staff. Overall, it is a friendly amostphere. If I were to critique anythingas an improvement, it would be the 7AM arrival for the high school students. I feel it is not safe to travel by public transportation in the wee hours of the morning. I believe moving the start time to 7:30AM is much safer for travel. At least there would be daylight while waiting for the bus.

Posted December 09, 2013
My children attended NFCS until we moved to Berks Co. They still miss it. I also had a child in Catholic School and my experience w/ NFCS was a ton better. I said from the day we moved...There are three things I wish I could have taken w/ me... My mom, my NFCS and my food service. PS...Mr. Paul and his staff are great!

Posted December 08, 2013
I'm a student here and I got accepted in 5th grade. I thought I wouldn't make friends easily since I'm shy at first but people came up to me after announcement and I've loved it ever since. The curricular is great! I'm in 8th grade and since they have advanced classes, I'm learning to my potential and beyond. I'm learning things my friends in 9th and 10th are learning! And if you don't understand something there's great tutoring programs (I know because my little brother is in it for math and reading) and the teachers will work one on one with you or work with the entire class if there's others in need of help! Only downside to people who want to come is that there's over 1000 people on the waiting list so it's definitely hard to get in but sometimes if someone moves, it'll be a stroke of luck! If you know someone in the school that also increase your chances of getting in! Good luck!!

New Foundations Cs
8001 Torresdale Ave, Philadelphia, PA  19136
Last modified New Foundations Cs is a Charter school that serves grades K-10. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
New Foundations Cs Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 47 reviews. Top