Franklin Towne Charter High School

Charter | 9-12 | 686 students

Living in Philadelphia

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $115,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $930.

Posted February 28, 2010

As a parent of a senior I have seen changes and so has my daughter. The new administration although nice people are not managing the school as well as mr fields. The teachers remain constant-grest educators but the new admin has turned alot of the kids attitude around. I am glad I am done with this mess in june

Posted February 24, 2010

We are very pleased with this school. Our Son is excelling there. The teachers and admin really care about educating their kids and it shows. Thank you very much FTCHS!!

Posted January 30, 2010

As a parent, I think the school has lost a step in the past year. It does not feel the same. My child no longer comes home and talks about the school day. He used to. I think it is still better than any local PUBLIC school, but it does not feel like the Franklin Towne that I knew for the past two years. I think that the change in administration was a mistake and as a parent I am upset that we lost the progress that the school was making.

Posted December 22, 2009

Couldn't ask for a better school or a better staff. Keep up the good work!

Posted December 13, 2009

I am a freshman in this school and I honestly love it there. All the teachers are like family even the principal. All the students are equals toward each other it doesnt feel like the students are seperated by grade at all. ( I have friends that are in all years)

Posted November 23, 2009

I am a freshman at Franklin Towne and am very happy that I got into this school. The principal and all of the staff are always interacting with us students one way or another. At first when I came into Franklin Towne I was a little nervous but I, like all of the other freshman was welcomed with open arms. They also try to make the freshman feel at home by having the KOP meet with us and help us along. I love FTCHS and am so glad to be in such a great, friendly enviroment.

Posted November 19, 2009

I love this school, but I miss the old principal. Mr. Field was great. Mr. Kegel is a good man, and I like him, but Mr. Field was wonderful.

Posted November 7, 2009

First when I was looking at school I was looking for a school as if they where employable. Franklin Town Charter high school had goals for every student to grow, learn,be responsible for them selves learn to respect rules and others to focus on there future.The education that is given is state of the art.But The teachers are the best in our city they are old school.love to teach, care, takes an interest in every child.If my child seems to be slacking or they see they are having a hard time in something they a dress it right away.and work with them head on.The communication between teachers and parent I never had with other schools it makes me feel secure of my childs well being and education . My children have excelled so much and there confident about them selves .the connection between teacher and child is always leading to improvement in the child .The school is a very controlled environment.There is no child invisible.My children want to go to school I do not here. I dont want to go to school.This says alot My youngest who is in 4th grade would cry and beg to stay home when he was in his other school now I here come on mom I have to go I can not be late. This is his first year in the grade school I can truely say his grades are out standing and I know as years go by he will excell into greatness.My oldest will be graduating this year he has learned so much about himself learned to achive in every thing he sent his mind to. I higher Franklin town to help me raise my children the way I'am tring to raise my children and help me help them with hopes and dreams yes My children will move forward in life with the knowledge given .With Great Thanks and love for helping me raise my children me and my husband will always be dedicated to Franklin Town Charter High School and Grade School they are truely part of our family

Posted November 7, 2009

I love everything about Franklin Towne! It's so great. We have an overwhelming amount of dedicated teachers, guidance counselors, administration, staff, and students. Teachers are dedicated to helping students succeed, and students try their best to achieve academic excellence. The guidance office is fully dedicated to helping seniors apply to their favorite colleges, and get into them. I am extremely proud to say that I attend Franklin Towne. I've had such a great experience going to Franklin Towne, and in June I will feel privileged to say that I graduated from there.

Posted November 7, 2009

Frankline Towne Charter opened an elementary school this year and my daughter is attending there. She has a reading disability and this is the first of (3) schools in the city of Philadelphia that has made an attempt to help her and it is working. Her teacher is so patient and willing to submit the special testing that she needs. Overall the staff is supportive of the children and dedicated to improving their school. This is the first year and my daughter is in 4th grade now, that she gets up early to get ready for school and is happy about it. Thank you Franklin Towne for doing a wonderful job with the kids. My family appreciates it and I highly recommend this school to everyone. I am a Catholic School parent and we will never look back, Franklin Towne Charter Schools all the way.

Posted November 7, 2009

Franklin Towne Charter High School provides a balance of excellent academics, high standards of behavior and promotion of extra curricular activities designed to include the interests of all students. There is something for everyone to participate in. The teachers and administration are kind, compassionate and always available for students and families.

Posted November 6, 2009

What can I say but fabulous. The staff/faculty at Franklin Towne are wonderful. The communication between parents and teachers is great. Franklin Towne Charter is like one big family and are we happy to be part of their family. Are son is a 9th grader this year and the education that he is receiving is just the best. The students at Franklin Towne Charter are awesome. We feel so blessed to be apart of this experience that words cannot describe. Thank you all for of your hard work and dedication.

Posted November 6, 2009

Franklin Towne is a wonderful school! My daughter is a junior this year. Her first year there she thought it was very strict. She has come to understand the rules are in place for all good reasons. Children go to school to learn in a safe enviroment. That's what you have at Franklin Towne. I am hoping my son has the opportunity to attend Franklin Towne beginning next year as a freshman. I'm sure he to will love it as much as my daughter Michelle.

Posted November 6, 2009

I love that I can see my childrens academic profile in real-time!

Posted November 6, 2009

The administration backs the awesome teachers to educate the students. Perfect.

Posted November 6, 2009

I think FTCHS is the best high school in Philadelphia. I am so happy my son who is a senior went to this school. The teachers and staff are really wonderful. They have so much spirit. I really wish that I could have gone to a school like FTCHS when I went to school. All the students I have met are great kids and they really seem to like their school. You don't see that everywhere. I have my younger son in the elementary school (4th grade)now and he is doing so much better then in his old school. Keep up the great work! It's definitely working!

Posted November 6, 2009

I love Franklin towne because not only is it the best school in my neighborhood, i love how everyone knows everyone and all the staff members know each and every student by a name basis.

Posted November 6, 2009

Very happy with FTC. Our Son cannot wait to go to school. How many high school students can say the same? that speaks volumes

Posted November 6, 2009

What can I say but fabulous. The Staff/Faculty at Franklin Towne Charter are wonderful. The communications between teachers and parents are wonderful. Franklin Towne Charter is one big family and are we happy to be a part of their family. Our son is a 9th grader this year and the education he is receiving is simply the best!!!! The students at Franklin Towne Charter are truly awesome. We cannot say how blessed we feel to be involved with such a great school and great people. Thank to you all for your hard work and your dedication.

Posted November 6, 2009

This is a great school that cares about each kid that attends the school. the teachers really care and help each student achieve there best. A truly great school with various activities for the students.

Grade level

Math

The state average for Math was 60% in 2012.

207 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 68% in 2012.

218 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Science

The state average for Science was 42% in 2012.

207 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 83% in 2012.

226 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Scale: % at or above proficient

In 2011-2012 Pennsylvania used the Pennsylvania System of State Assessments (PSSA) to test students in grades 3 through 8 and 11 in math and reading, in grades 5, 8 and 11 in writing, and in grades 4, 8 and 11 in science. The results for reading, writing, science and math are displayed on GreatSchools profiles. The PSSA is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Pennsylvania. The goal is for all students to score at or above proficient on the test.

Source: Pennsylvania Department of Education

White97%
Economically disadvantaged96%
Students with disabilities (IEP)74%
Scale: % at or above proficient

The different student groups are identified by the Pennsylvania Department of Education. If there are fewer than 10 students in a particular group in a school, the state doesn't report data for that group.

Source: Pennsylvania Department of Education