Franklin Towne Charter High School

Charter | 9-12 | 933 students

Living in Philadelphia

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $115,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $930.

Posted October 25, 2012

My son is a freshman at FTCHS and he loves the school. He is thriving academically and getting involved in extra curricular activities as well. The teachers and entire staff are awesome at FTCHS, they are caring individuals who want to help your child recognize and achieve their own potential. The school has a set of strict guidelines in place that serve to keep the students safe and focused on learning. It has only been a few months and already we feel like part of a big family, my son is not getting lost in an overgrown highschool setting with unfamiliar faces and less than attentive teachers. I am very impressed with FTCHS so far and we are looking forward to the next 4 years.

Posted March 10, 2012

Please don't listen to the negative reveiws , My Child graduated from FTC in June 2011, The school is wonderful , teachers , staff and student body. FTC is a family , plain and simple. I have found those who complain about the school are the parents who have a child that was in trouble. I was so impressed by FTC , I pulled my other child from Catholic school and he attends the grade school. My child who graduated from FTC struggled through 8 years of Catholic grade school to keep her head above water grade wise , she made 1st honors all for years at FTC, They are amazing.

Posted March 8, 2012

My daughter is a junior in this school. The school is awesome and the teachers are helpful and very intelligent. The only compaint I have is with the Disciplinarian. He was the basketball coach last year and this year he is the Dean of Students. I think he's in way over his head in that position and is not really qualified to do it. He should go back to B-ball....

Posted November 20, 2011

My son is a Junior and he is doing great. He is in the NHS and is a Mentor. I'm so happy that he was accepted in Franklin Towne. He's been an A student since Freshman year and . The teachers are great and the old staff and NEW staff are wonderful. No complaints from this parent.. Keep up the good work Frankline Towne.

Posted October 14, 2011

My son is a freshman and he absolutely loves it at FTCHS. I have seen such a change in him in the short time he has been there. He comes home excited about the day.The school has lots of rules and the kids seem to follow them. But they balance their strictness with fun activities for the kids and they eve have an incentive program. I am so happy my son was accepted to FCHS and look forward to the next few years.

Posted May 16, 2011

My daughter is graduate June 2011 and i highly recommend this school because they are safe and no tolerence and my youngest daughter will be attending Sept 2011

Posted March 19, 2011

franklintowne is one of the best school anyone can go to its safe its clean its no tolerence and the teachers are very helpfull.
—Submitted by a student

Posted March 10, 2011

The teachers are very good at this school. The administration has my concern. The administration should follow their on guidlines, "child find" to keep children in school rather than suspend/expel as if second nature. Handbook of rules for the teens but they are not followed by the administration. Rules are great, but if not followed by EVERYONE they are useless. Can not dictate that only the teens have to follow the codes. Accountability is for everyone.

Posted January 25, 2011

I love Franklintowne, my daughter is doing great, the teachers are so helpful, everything in this school is in place to help a child succeed. I am praying my son gets accepted for this year as a freshman. A safe school, with teachers who care, and rules that work. Keep up the great work!

Posted January 11, 2011

My son graduated from FTCH in 2009 & my daughter is going to be a graduated from FTCH in 2012. FTCH is a blessing, the teachers go above and beyond to make the children feel safe, trusted and and above all else worthy of a GREAT education. I would never and could never ask for anything more then the wonderful experience my children have had at FTCH. My daughter said it best herself just the other day...."Mom, when I have children some day their going to Franklin Towne Charter!"

Posted December 1, 2010

This school is nothing short of amazing. Our Son is a Sophomore and he loves going to school. He is learning, he makes friends and the teachers are nothing short of amazing. The administration is doing a fantastic job! Keep it up. DO NOT listen to negative posts here., They are most likely written by the same person.... so it seems. It was most likely a student who did not follow rules and get in trouble and has an axe to grind.

Posted May 27, 2010

My son is a senior and I feel that the school has declined over the 4 year period he has been there. Dramatically in the past 2. Communication to parents is almost non existent! I am glad that he is graduating this year. I don't think we could take another year of this school.

Posted May 4, 2010

All of the positive reviews are written by parents of freshmen. For those of us that have been here and no what is missing, united, we are sad. Were is the pride that Franklin Towne once held?

Posted May 3, 2010

I have a son who is now a junior in Fraklin Towne, my 3 older children also attened and i could not have asked for a better school for my children,i can not wait for my youngest child to attend. They offer the best of everything for your child to enjoy the best experience of any school!

Posted May 3, 2010

All of the positive reviews are coming from the parents of freshmen. For those of us that have had children at Franklin Towne for more than 8 months, we know where the school was and were it is now. Franklin Towne has lost its heart. We need our pride back.

Posted April 19, 2010

My son is a Freshmen at Franklin Towne this year. It has been a very good experience. I think the teachers and administrators have been doing a wonderful job. I could not be happier with FTCHS. It was a great choice. My son like school and adjusted well to the new school. Thank you to everyone at FTCHS for making this school great!

Posted April 18, 2010

I am very disappointed wth recent events at Franklin Towne. The school has lost its focus. This would not have happened two years ago. Then the focus was on the kids. Now it is on the adults. We need Mr. Field back.

Posted April 2, 2010

I am sad to say, that I too have seen a decline this past year. My son is a senior and we are happy and proud that he will be graduating from Franklin Towne. But, my son and I both feel like the school has lost its focus during this past year. In the past we used to hear such wonderful stories when he would come home, but now all we hear are stories about the kids not wanting to be there anymore. He told me that someone recently got in trouble for starting a facebook page about how much he hates the school and that half of the seniors joined the page as friends. Why would half the class hate thier school? Something has changed, it did not used to be like this?

Posted March 18, 2010

To the parent below, since you have just transfered in, I am sure that Franklin Towne is great. But for those of us that have been with this school for the past three years, I agree with the parent below that, that the school has most certainly lost a step (as far as the adminstration). The teachers are the greatest!

Posted March 16, 2010

In reguards to the parent who is bashing the new administration. My daughter transfered into FTC this year from a public school. It is the best move I could have done for me and her. Her grades went from just about passing to straight A's. As far as the principals of the school I commend them for being them selves and not just another stuffed suit.

Grade level

Math

The state average for Math was 60% in 2012.

207 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 68% in 2012.

218 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Science

The state average for Science was 42% in 2012.

207 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 83% in 2012.

226 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Scale: % at or above proficient

In 2011-2012 Pennsylvania used the Pennsylvania System of State Assessments (PSSA) to test students in grades 3 through 8 and 11 in math and reading, in grades 5, 8 and 11 in writing, and in grades 4, 8 and 11 in science. The results for reading, writing, science and math are displayed on GreatSchools profiles. The PSSA is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Pennsylvania. The goal is for all students to score at or above proficient on the test.

Source: Pennsylvania Department of Education

White97%
Economically disadvantaged96%
Students with disabilities (IEP)74%
Scale: % at or above proficient

The different student groups are identified by the Pennsylvania Department of Education. If there are fewer than 10 students in a particular group in a school, the state doesn't report data for that group.

Source: Pennsylvania Department of Education