Franklin Towne Charter High School

Charter | 9-12 | 933 students

Living in Philadelphia

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $115,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $930.

Posted November 6, 2009

What can I say but fabulous. The Staff/Faculty at Franklin Towne Charter are wonderful. The communications between teachers and parents are wonderful. Franklin Towne Charter is one big family and are we happy to be a part of their family. Our son is a 9th grader this year and the education he is receiving is simply the best!!!! The students at Franklin Towne Charter are truly awesome. We cannot say how blessed we feel to be involved with such a great school and great people. Thank to you all for your hard work and your dedication.

Posted November 6, 2009

This is a great school that cares about each kid that attends the school. the teachers really care and help each student achieve there best. A truly great school with various activities for the students.

Posted November 5, 2009

I love Franklin Towne for its great teachers, athletic program and all around 'family-like' Atmosphere. I have had 2 sons graduate from here and my daughter will hopefully be starting her Freshman year in September 2010. I cannot give enough kudos to all the staff !!!! Everyone there has worked hard to help the academic improvement and it shows by the increase in the PSSA scores each year. Keep up the great work !! I also have a younger son in kindergarten who hopefully will carry on the 'Figaniak Tradition' and also attend this Excellent School.

Posted November 5, 2009

Awesome teachers who care about the school and their students!

Posted November 5, 2009

FTC is an amazing school! My class really was like one big family and all the teachers and administartion really showed a love and care for all of us students. I even talk to some of my former teachers while I'm in college and they offer to look over things for me. I love FTC so much!

Posted November 4, 2009

I am a teacher at Franklin Towne. I'd always wanted to be a teacher, but after teaching for two years, I left the profession. Teaching realy wasn't what I had hoped it would be. For three years I worked in another field and loved it, but I still had the itch to teach. Franklin Towne called me and the second I sat down for my interview I knew that this place was special. I have been teaching here for two years, and it just keeps getting better.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted November 4, 2009

The kids come first and the faculty and staff are supported by the administration. We get to make a difference and that is very empowering.

Posted November 4, 2009

It can be a little ridiculous on the rules but, I would not want my child at any other high school. It is truly a great school and they make sure each and every child gets their work completed. This school is an excellent prep school for college and helps me out a whole lot knowing that I have to get both of my kids prepared for college. There are many great activities and your child would adore it there.

Posted November 4, 2009

What an absolute miracle this school is! Words cannot express the change we have seen in our Granddaughter, since school started.

Posted November 4, 2009

I am so proud to be part of the Franklin Towne Family. I have had Two Children Graduate from our school. My daughter was able to get a full scholarship to Kutztown University because of the wonderfull education she recieved.The counseling staff does everything in their power to give every student all the help to have a succesfull future. My son has a comprehension problem. The administrative staff along with the Special Education Department really cares, they worked to prepare him for the real world. I now work at Franklin Towne and I feel its the perfect place to work. I am truly blessed to work at FTC.

Posted November 4, 2009

I love my school because it offers many amenities that other schools don't offer in the country, not to mention we have almost every sport and club possible. Besides the all of the fun things we do at franklin Towne, the academics are just phenomenal.My appreciation is indescribable!

Posted November 4, 2009

Franklin Towne Charter is the best school ever.The teachers and staff are wonderful.

Posted November 4, 2009

I love Franklin Towne cause of the help all the teachers have given me for three years. And for the education which my son has received since he has been in there..and they are always willing to help me with anything which comes around with my sons education

Posted November 4, 2009

I love Franklin Towne Charter High School because of the wonderful things that has happened to my daughter.. My daughter was a shy and very much in a shell when she graduated from grade school, her self confidents was low. he teacher's, the staff have been the greatest. My daughter is out going, she is a member of a sports team, is a member of two other clubs and truly loves school. I will never be able to praise FTCHS enough for the time and effort they put in their students
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted November 4, 2009

i love franklin towne because of the teachers.we have hands-on help 24/7 the teachers are dedicated to staying after school to hepl and tutor for as long as it takes till we learn the skill. ftchs is number 1

Posted November 4, 2009

I love Franklin Towne for its great teachers. I am delighted in the well rounded educartion she is receiveing there. Well done Franklin Towne charter High School!

Posted November 3, 2009

im am honor to be a student of such a wonderful school. i feel save here the teacher are great and im being educated well. i look forward to attending college, knowing that i was taught well here at franklin towne.

Posted November 3, 2009

Franklin Towne is a wonderful school. My daughter is doing so well and learning so much. She will be ready for college when the time comes.

Posted November 3, 2009

I think Franklintowne is a great school. It helps our children get ready for their ife after high school. They go over and beyond to help their students acheive their goals.

Posted November 3, 2009

I don't know how they do it but FTCHS actually made my son look forward to attending school and he's never wanted to attend before. He actually loves the school and everything it offers. As a parent I like the fact that they use esembler gradebook and daily emails. FTCHS really has they're act together and this is how every school should be run!!

Grade level

Math

The state average for Math was 60% in 2012.

207 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 68% in 2012.

218 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Science

The state average for Science was 42% in 2012.

207 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 83% in 2012.

226 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Scale: % at or above proficient

In 2011-2012 Pennsylvania used the Pennsylvania System of State Assessments (PSSA) to test students in grades 3 through 8 and 11 in math and reading, in grades 5, 8 and 11 in writing, and in grades 4, 8 and 11 in science. The results for reading, writing, science and math are displayed on GreatSchools profiles. The PSSA is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Pennsylvania. The goal is for all students to score at or above proficient on the test.

Source: Pennsylvania Department of Education

White97%
Economically disadvantaged96%
Students with disabilities (IEP)74%
Scale: % at or above proficient

The different student groups are identified by the Pennsylvania Department of Education. If there are fewer than 10 students in a particular group in a school, the state doesn't report data for that group.

Source: Pennsylvania Department of Education