Franklin Towne Charter High School

Charter | 9-12 | 686 students

Living in Philadelphia

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $115,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $930.

Posted November 3, 2009

Franklin Towne Charter High School is an excellence high school. My children goes there. I have 2 sons that have graduated and attend college, and I have 2 children still attending , 1 is a junior and the other one is a freshman. They are strict, but I love it. The teachers take their time to help students who are having difficulties. They teach their students to take responsibility for themselves. My daughter attended college this past summer,when she was only a sophomore. They have a web page that you can check up on your child's progress, so if you want to know what is going on, check there. They have sports and other activities for student .The staff is very respectful, they greet everyone and the school 's environment is very safe inside and out. They have security guards everywhere and cameras. When, my kids were in middle school, they didn't learn anything at all , but fighting and when they attended Franklin towne, their behavior and personality changed. They were so happy and only focused on school. I have never seen my children love school so much. Franklin Towne has change my children life. I am so grateful for Franklin Towne. They have taught my kids to be the best they can be. Thank you very much; It is the best school around..plus teacher and parent work together.

Posted November 2, 2009

I love Franklin towne because they make education first. the kids know what they have to do to pass. I like that they are Strick just like Private schools, dont tolerate fights. please pick franklin towne its the best school ever.

Posted November 2, 2009

I love Frankin Towne because feel my children get the best education. They are doing far better than I could ever hope for.

Posted November 2, 2009

I love Franklin Towne because they really care about their students. They take the time and attention to help them be the best adults they can be.

Posted November 2, 2009

before my daughter came to this school she hated school and had very poor grades. Never in a million years would I think that I would hear my daughter say that she likes school now, is getting A's & B's and wants to go to college. Franklin Towne Charter is my HERO

Posted November 2, 2009

My school deserves to be America's favorite school because our faculty and staff truelly believes and acts on prosperous, college-bound views for each and every one of us. Their enthusiasm and drive makes students want to come to school and learn.

Posted November 2, 2009

Franklintowne is better in education wise,my children love the school and the teachers r there to help

Posted November 2, 2009

It has so many great activities and events such as carnival day, trips to hershey park and even across the world!

Posted November 2, 2009

Ftch is a safe, good school with lots of oppertunits

Posted November 2, 2009

I love this school because the teachers and staff really care about my children. They are taught many of things many other schools don't teach. I am speaking about how to be prepared for LIFE.Not only is a safe place to be but the kids really like going to school for all the right reasons.

Posted November 2, 2009

FTCHS is a school that has teachers that teach until the children learn. They don't give up. I have come from the Catholic school system where that was not the case. If you child had a problem it was just that, your child's problem. I thank God FTCHS is there for my children to be well educated by the Best Teachers I have come across. They have the education behind them to teach each child they way each child can learn. The staff can and will answer any question you have no matter how silly it may sound. The rules the school has are excellent. They help teach the children what the real world is like and rules are an every day event of that world and they need to be followed as a part of everyday life.

Posted November 2, 2009

i love this school because not only is its safe, but the whole school really does work to make us students the best we possibly can be. ohh yeahh and the girls soccer team is pretty boss =)

Posted November 2, 2009

I love this school because the teachers are always willing to help and is a friendly environment. The teachers and staff really care and help to prepare you for college and a career. Its also a very safe school.

Posted November 2, 2009

i love franklin towne charter high school because we are like a big family! My school does everything in its power to help everyone in our FTC community.

Posted November 2, 2009

I love this school because it is a safe environment and its just great in general. This school is so much ore helpful then any other i know. They help prepare us for college and also show us a great time with funn incentives for are hard work. The teachers and staff are all very friendly helping us with whatever we need.They prepare us for life and careers. There full of school spirit and love to try new things and its like your one big family away from home.

Posted November 2, 2009

Because its a safe and very clean environment for my kids to learn, the teachers care about the kids grades and the communication with the parents is great too!

Posted November 1, 2009

I love franklin towne charter highschool because the teachers help me succeed in everything I do. they are strict which helps keep everyone in line but franklin towne also knows how to have fun. I love franklin towne and its the best school around.

Posted November 1, 2009

It has a good education for students and the teachers are nice. The rules are just right as well.

Posted November 1, 2009

I have been in franklin towne for the past four years and I can say it has a very dedicated staff who will work with the student in order to help them recieve the best education. being at franklin towne has helped me prepaire for college as well as life outside of high school. if it were not for franklin towne I would not have the friends I have now or the knowlede and experience I will carry with me throughout my life.

Posted November 1, 2009

FTC has the greatest teachers and employees that show in the ranking of their school and the success of their students. The students are given every opportunity in their educational learning and with life issues on how to face and deal with them successfully. They want you to use what you have,add to that and be proud of what you can do and mostly of who you are .

Grade level

Math

The state average for Math was 60% in 2012.

207 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 68% in 2012.

218 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Science

The state average for Science was 42% in 2012.

207 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 83% in 2012.

226 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Scale: % at or above proficient

In 2011-2012 Pennsylvania used the Pennsylvania System of State Assessments (PSSA) to test students in grades 3 through 8 and 11 in math and reading, in grades 5, 8 and 11 in writing, and in grades 4, 8 and 11 in science. The results for reading, writing, science and math are displayed on GreatSchools profiles. The PSSA is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Pennsylvania. The goal is for all students to score at or above proficient on the test.

Source: Pennsylvania Department of Education

White97%
Economically disadvantaged96%
Students with disabilities (IEP)74%
Scale: % at or above proficient

The different student groups are identified by the Pennsylvania Department of Education. If there are fewer than 10 students in a particular group in a school, the state doesn't report data for that group.

Source: Pennsylvania Department of Education

Male 40%N/A51%

Language learning

Foreign languages taught
  • Tagalog
Note: Data provided by community members,
needs to be verified by school leaders.

Apply now