Franklin Towne Charter High School

Charter | 9-12 | 686 students

Living in Philadelphia

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $115,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $930.

Posted October 31, 2009

My grandsons are getting an excellent education and learning things that will help them in their choice of careers

Posted October 31, 2009

My son is receiving a fabulous education. The teachers are the best. The administration is outstanding. The students are respectful.

Posted October 31, 2009

Franklin Towne is the most wonderful experience my daughter has ever had. She is freshman and is receiving the best education.

Posted August 9, 2009

I love this school I am now a junior and going to this school it has been the greatest aspect of my adolescent life.

Posted August 3, 2009

ive been at franklin towne for two years and i love it. it is a big school with not that many students so you get the attention you need and upon getting accepted you take a test to put you in classes on the same level as you. love franklin towne.

Posted July 7, 2009

This school is amazing and the teachers are awesome. Everyone should go there!

Posted May 12, 2009

Franklin Towne is great! I am amazed at how well this school runs. It is like getting a suburban-level education.

Posted May 4, 2009

I do not have the words to express my joy with the staff of Franklin Towne. The CEO, Mr. Venditti, and the Principal, Mr. Field are two of the kindest, most caring people (not just administrators) that I have ever met. Students graduating from Franklin Towne will be prepared for thier future becuase of the work and expecations that they are given today!

Posted March 1, 2009

wow what to say about franklin towne i graduated in 2008 and i cry every time i watch my prom video! i loved that school so much...ftc staff are great unlike my freshmen year where the old staff didnt care! i miss all the teachers! i didnt care how strict they were i loved it their and would never trade it in! my class scored in 2nd place for the pssa in 2008 i love you ftc

Posted January 6, 2009

I am an alumni of this school, and it has definitely prepared me for college. I have done extremely well in college, and now, I am a senior at Holy Family and am applying to graduate school. When I graduated in 2005, there were not as many after-school activities as there are now, but it was great. FT was like a community. The AP classes were difficult, and the teachers were amazing!! I would recommend this school to anyone who would like to learn!

Posted November 21, 2008

I am a FTC alumnus. I graduated in '08 Not only did the school teach me how to be a good student in the classroom it taught me how to be a better person outside of the classroom. I went off to college and i became honor student.

Posted November 20, 2008

This school is so academically horrible. I graduated with mostly A's and some B's, and now I'm in my 5th semester of university. Back in high school I studied literally 2 hours per week, and did the assigned homework. All of a sudden, I jumped into the deep end of the pool barely knowing the doggy paddle. My first two semesters were terrible. I could barely pull good grades. I had 4 Bs, 5 Cs, and 3 Ds. This is now with 20 hours of studying. Franklin Towne is too easy for any college bound person. It wasn't until my sophmore year that I began pulling good grades. I had nothing below a B- and two A's. If it weren't for my incredibly awesome profs, I would have failed out by the end of my freshman year. Franklin Towne is however definitely a better alternative than Frankford.

Posted September 15, 2008

I like the school, the teachers are very nice. Yet, the work they give us sometimes i alittle to much

Posted July 28, 2008

I'm going into my sophomore year at FTC.... my freshmen years was a blast!!! The staff at FTC is super!!! This school is so amazing.... I'm really glad I got in.... I can't see myself going to any other school..... Sure the school has many rules, but what would a great school be without them?? FTC rocks!!

Posted June 4, 2008

This is the first time I put the kids in a charter school. I have always paid Catholic School tuition with hopes of a good education and environment. Franklin Towne Charter offers all this! My son graduates this years after all 4 years of attending and I could never be more pleased. Two thumbs up!

Posted May 15, 2008

I am a sophomore at FranklinTowne and i cannot imagine leaving. I have stuck with this school since freshman year, Yes, they are strict with tucking in your shirts, and stuff like that, but you have to understand it is for the safety of our students. The principal, Mr. Fields, is a wonderful, interactive principal. He likes to listen to students opinions in making the school better. I am so happy i found a great high school to graduate from [hopefully] and will miss it when i leave. Our school also has great extracurricular activities, including chess, student council, math club, science club, history club, and much more. I am apart of Student Council, and i love helping out my school when in need. The classes i take are not hard at all, and the teachers are great as in the way they help develop your academic knowledge.

Posted December 12, 2007

As a parent of a freshman, I am very pleased with this school....To everyone involved in helping make a brighter future for our kids, keep up the great work!

Posted March 30, 2006

I couldnt of been more fortunate for my son to attend this school he is in Special Ed and this is the only I mean only school where my son has made progress his whole attitude has changed for the better more confident,grades improved teachers are on top of iep's they follow goal progress icant tell you in the public schools i never saw one of those my son never would of gotten this far had it not been for franklin towne again i have tons of gratitude for this school it was truly a blessing! mrs.Irizarry

Posted September 10, 2005

The academic programs at Franklin Towne are average. They have since removed many of the the non academic courses such as carpentry. Many students strived on those courses to up their motivation.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted August 5, 2005

Well I was looking at this site and I thought a student perspective would be great I'm a sophmore at the school. Quality of academic programs: our programs arent the best I admit but they are pretty good I would give it 6 out of 10 Extracurriculum: we have plenty of extracurricullum such as art, music, sports,etc.... I'd give it a 6 out of 10 Level of parent involvement: This is the only thing im upset about their is very little parent involvement. parent involvement I give a 2 out of 10.

Grade level

Math

The state average for Math was 60% in 2012.

207 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 68% in 2012.

218 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Science

The state average for Science was 42% in 2012.

207 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 83% in 2012.

226 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Scale: % at or above proficient

In 2011-2012 Pennsylvania used the Pennsylvania System of State Assessments (PSSA) to test students in grades 3 through 8 and 11 in math and reading, in grades 5, 8 and 11 in writing, and in grades 4, 8 and 11 in science. The results for reading, writing, science and math are displayed on GreatSchools profiles. The PSSA is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Pennsylvania. The goal is for all students to score at or above proficient on the test.

Source: Pennsylvania Department of Education

White97%
Economically disadvantaged96%
Students with disabilities (IEP)74%
Scale: % at or above proficient

The different student groups are identified by the Pennsylvania Department of Education. If there are fewer than 10 students in a particular group in a school, the state doesn't report data for that group.

Source: Pennsylvania Department of Education

Male 40%N/A51%

Language learning

Foreign languages taught
  • Tagalog
Note: Data provided by community members,
needs to be verified by school leaders.

Apply now