Public charter
Philadelphia, PA

Posted October 29, 2014
i looked into alot of schools for my son. But when I went to franklin Towne I was amaze its like a REAL school ! Reminds me of TV show schools they have so much to offer for our kids. There academics is 100 percent amazing. My Son is so happy to go there. I even want to go there and im a parent lol. I would recomend this school to anyone im so excited for many more years for my son.

Posted October 01, 2014
has been selected as a Blue Ribbon School So proud to be part if this amazing Franklintowne Family

Posted September 30, 2014
National Blue Ribbon from DOE for 2014. Academics is top-notch, extracurricular activities are great, and there are no discipline/behavior issues to speak of.

Franklin Towne Charter High School 4

Posted August 20, 2014
We are so happy that our son was accepted to FCHS! Our son was struggling in catholic grade school. Never failing, but constantly having tutoring. Once he started FCHS he started to pull ahead and has never looked back! His grades are now in the high 80s and 90s! The teachers and staff take the time and interest for their students! The children have a higher confidence level and better self esteem! Our son was never interested in college and now going into senior year, he cannot wait to graduate and move on. I believe Franklintowne Charter had everything to do with this! Sincerely, A SENIOR'S MOM in Port Richmond

Posted August 11, 2014
Franklin Towne is the best school out there. My freshmen year was the best year of my life. I think a strict school is exactly what Philadelphia needs in the world today. Franklin Towne preps you for college. 94% of class of 2014 are going to college. I really enjoy all the things this school does to go out of it's way to get kids involved and excited for school. They even have a mentor program where upperclassmen are assigned to Freshmen to help them. Towne is all about helping and being respectful. Not to mention our sports are pretty sick. You'd be sorry if you didn't go here.

Posted August 04, 2014
I love Franklin Towne Charter High School. Franklin Towne prepares their students for college. I love coming to Franklin Towne every day, Franklin Towne is such a great and fun school, yes Franklin Towne is a strict school but if the student just do what he/she has to do and not cause trouble that student would be fine and love Franklin Towne, I'm a freshman and trust me coming from a student, a parent and definitely the student would love Franklin Towne, Franklin Towne is so welcoming especially to their incoming freshman students also Franklin Towne has lots of clubs, sports, and activities and different events for their students, also Franklin Towne has lots of awards given to them because they are one of the tip High Schools in the state of Pennsylvania. I love Franklin Towne.

Franklin Towne Charter High School 1

Posted August 02, 2014
Worst school ever. Very cliquey and judge mental. Detentions are the smallest of the FTC's problems. Too many students and classes are too long. Teachers barely have enough time for every student, they assign after school appointments to reteach because apparently 80 minutes isn't enough time to carefully teach 25 students.

Franklin Towne Charter High School 2

Posted April 17, 2014
Everyone thinks oh wow a great college prep school and they are so wrong. I am only a freshman and I cannot wait to leave the only reason I'm in this school is because it looks good on a college application. Sure some of the overly strict rules make sense like no phone or follow dress code but others don't. I know people who had their phone go off on vibrate in their locker the security opened their locker by force and took the phone, she also got detention. Most of the reviews are right students are afraid to breath because of the strictness of this school.

Posted April 15, 2014
I am not going to lie, while I was at this school I hated it. I never understood why there were detentions for everything. But now that I have walked away I see why they do what they do. It is a college prep school. You parents can say that it isn't and that the rules are ridiculous and detentions for being late to class don't make sense, but as a senior in college graduating in a few months I am more thankful for FTCHS now more than ever. Get used to it! If you're late to class in college you get asked to leave, favoritism is what your college grades are based on and mommy and daddy can't fix your problems in college. FTCHS sifts through the students and pulls out the ones who can't do it and distract others from learning. I made it all four years without a single detention. It is possible. Getting to class on time and following the rules are possible and they prepare you for how to act in the real world. My brother was kicked out after two months and I have to say he deserved it. If you aren't going to take advantage of the school then go to public school! I am grateful for FTCHS and always will be.

Posted January 21, 2014
Honestly speaking, from a Valedictorian of the school, Franklin Towne is what you put into it. Don't pay any mind to these silly negative reviews if you plan on being a student who works hard, joins clubs, stays to get help when needed, and works with the mentor program or student council or anything of that sort. I've even gotten a job at my college (which I earned a full scholarship to thanks to help of Towne's awesome guidance department) due to the experience I had as a Council Member of the mentor program. The staff is so dedicated to it's students when you're not one of the ones who causes trouble and distracts the ones who are trying to better themselves and prepare for college. I am now working at an inner city high school and can appreciate ten times more than I could before, the amount of college, SAT, ACT, PSSA(now Keystone), and scholarship prep and assistance. How I wish I had that help of towne's guidance in college for class planning and all of that fun stuff.. If you want Towne to work hard for you, you need to work hard for Towne. As with many things in life, you get what you put into it.

Franklin Towne Charter High School
5301 Tacony St Building 108, Philadelphia, PA  19137
Last modified Franklin Towne Charter High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Franklin Towne Charter High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 164 reviews. Top