Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

What a gem in South Philadelphia! Carol Domb is a leader with integrity and vision. She is passionate about education AND the music that is an integral part of the GAMP experience. Yes, this is one of the competitive Special Admissions Schools, but if your child passes the rigorous academic criteria and has an apptitude for music, consider GAMP. Fabulous music program, top notch academics, and amazing teachers - what more could a parent ask for?

To sum it all up, the school is AWESOME; Ms. Domb is TERRIBLE. Nuff said.

GAMP has been a second family to me and my children for the past several years. The teachers and staff dedicate countless hours, week after week, to ensure that their pupils are receiving a valuable education and a respect for society. This is a school that CARES about the future generation(s) of our city! Graduating classes are always sad to go, but they are well prepared and have years of strength, knowledge, and confidence to fulfill their dreams. I can honestly say, there's no other school in the city of Phila, that can do what GAMP does!

GAMP is leaps and bounds better than most Philadelphia public schools, but that's not saying much. The school leaves a lot to be desired in terms of nurturing the children. Like most schools the classrooms are overcrowded so the teachers do not get know each child individually. In my opinion, the 5th graders are thrown to the wolves and the teachers show little interest in getting to know the children unless they have exceptional musical talent. I have been made to feel like a nuisance when I have requested one on one feedback regarding my child's progress. It's a good school comparatively, but it lacks what it takes to be a great school.

i want to register for gamp, and pray he is accepted, he is a very nice respectfull child, love music, play the violin with tune up philly, have his own violin, and is very good at playing, he is 9, and in 4th grade., i wonder if there is on line application.?

I am just starting to get to know GAMP because as have applied for 5th grade. The feedback I hear from other parents is almost uniformly positive. We love the "feel" of the place.

My daughter graduated GAMP this year (2011). GAMP was the best experience she had. Their standards are very high and the support for students is impressive. She is now a freshman atTemple University and sees how her training at GAMP prepared her for college academic challenges. We shall miss the school and its wondeful students, teachers, support staff and administration. I Do agree with an earlier comment that the school has its hands into the pockets of parents entirely too frequently.

I attended this school and I can say that there I received the fundamental tools and motivation I needed to gear me in the right direction. GAMP principals, staff anf students all build great student minds and tap into a student's inquisitiveness and ability to question, learn and create results, be it on a test or out in the real world. (submitted by an alumnus)

Compared to many many schools Gamp is leading. The overall objective is what I appreciated, exposure, education, safety and discipline. Any other annoyances are such in life. My daughter attended Gamp for 4 years and did outstanding socially and academically. Gamp has these children performing at the Mann, doing historical walking tours, concerts all on public dollars and donations here in Philadelphia. I was impressed that they don't allow the students to take control of the school like so many failing schools here in the city. Overall they are doing what it takes.

GAMP asks for to much money on a daily basis. I go there and it's pretty ok but the administration has a attitude with everybody everyday. I still recommond this school

Last modified Gamp is a Public school that serves grades 5-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.