Public charter
Philadelphia, PA

Posted December 06, 2014
I love this school. The best thing is that the teachers are young and motivated. Someone complained that teachers are too young, but what is wrong with being young and highly motivated? most of these teachers are recent graduates from temple, or Penn state etc. I would rather have young, motivated teachers teaching my child then seasoned teachers with old ways of teaching. They have must after school classes for students who are lagging behind. Love this school.

Mastery Charter High School 1

Posted October 29, 2014
Forget everything you thought you knew about Mastery Charter Schools. Introducing Mastery 3.0: the "new and improved" version, as of 2014. Mastery has thrown out its criticized but effective discipline systems of the past and replaced it with feel-good propaganda. Under Mastery 3.0, classrooms are out of control (lots of screaming; very little learning), its schools are unsafe (just in one quarter, staff were punched, attacked, and hospitalized, and there was a knife fight among students), and students are an afterthought.

Mastery Charter High School 2

Posted October 29, 2014
Mastery is over-hyped. Most of the teachers are Teach for America. That means most of the teachers start without an education degree, without a teacher certification, and without any real-world teaching experience. Oh, and they also happen to be young, preppy, and recently graduated from college. This school has no idea what they are doing either. This year they have all new curriculum. So, I guess all the stuff from previous years was no good?

Mastery Charter High School 4

Posted August 29, 2013
This is a great school. My honest opinion is that if your child wants to receive an education and understands the importance of such then they will be successful. I had 2 children in Mastery, at the same time. One decided the work was too difficult, didn't like to finish assignments on time and did not want to work hard. The other was dedicated, did very well and graduated valedictorian. The success of your child really depends on he/she is and wants to become. This school gives all of the tools needed to get to college. It has it's downfalls but does a great job of compensating in other areas. Truth is, if you can't afford to pay $10,000 a year to Friends Central, Mastery is a great place. I think the school could do more to actually help kids who need tutoring. They have "after hours" which doesn't help. Tutoring should be done by people bought in for that purpose not exhausted teachers.

Mastery Charter High School 1

Posted October 28, 2012
I just don't see what all the fuss is about. All I see are young, twenty-somethings with NO experience all over the school TRYING to teach my child. What ever happened to the seasoned veteran who has been teaching for a while? All I've seen is test prep, drill and kill type lessons, nothing in-depth like my daughter had before. I'm taking her back to the public school soon.

Posted October 29, 2009

Posted September 12, 2009
Mastery Charter is the best! I am currently in eleventh grade. I have been in Charter schools all my life, and by far, this is the best one ive been to. Their main goal is to get you far in life. The teachers actually want to see you succed, they care about you! Its not just about a pay check at the end of the week.

Posted January 16, 2009
Great school within our neighborhood. The alternative was Overbrook which seems like a disciplinary school in comparison to MCSC.

Posted December 08, 2008
I think Mastery is a very good school. The teachers and staff include the parents in every aspect of the students day. They keep you involved and let you know beforehand of any potential problems

Posted November 04, 2008
i think mastery is a great school but they focus on the little stuff and not the big stuff.I truthfully love it but theyjust need to give us a little bit more freedom and focus on the big but otherwise i love it

Mastery Charter High School
35 South 4th St, Philadelphia, PA  19106
(215) 922-1902
Last modified Mastery Charter High School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mastery Charter High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top