Public charter
Philadelphia, PA

Posted June 03, 2014
Pfpch, my grandson has been here 6 years,and has been bullied,5and a half years, he is special needs, and do not get the help he need here, the school have no controll of theses children, my child have been abused to the point of having to go to the hospital, and the abuser got no punishment, but since he learned to fight back, he has gotten suspended, in September, he will be in a different school, the school is run by the church, would think it would be much better. Good luck to you and your child if they are here, the teachers are the only good part of the school, but they have a hard time controlling the children.

Posted June 02, 2014
The school has just went down. There's no discipline. The kids walk all over the teacher and nothing gets done. They are just accepting any children to the lottery. I'm at the school everyday because my son gets bullied. You never see the principal. They have very little. After school programs. The security is old as hell the kids walk all over security. Please work on this school. If things change it could be wonderful school. Need more parent meeting

Posted April 20, 2013
PFPCS is not a good charter school. In reviewing the post by the prior teacher, October 2012, the school does have ample technology. However, is it all for the students or is it more for the organization. The school was given several notebook carts for the students, but only was shown and presented to teachers for use. The administration gets rid of staff members at the last resort without any warning. Yes, there are plenty of Teach for America teachers, but they are there merely for their prestige or school they attended. The school lacks professional development, the principal is never seen as he only communicates to teachers via cell phone. Since when does a principal perform this type of duty? Clearly, the school is second nature in comparison to People for People, Inc. Staff will continue to change often as the administrator will continue to fire teachers who have voice and who refuse to put up foolishness and unprofessionalism by the administrator, particularly the principal.

People For People Cs 3

Posted February 21, 2013
This is my fourth child to attend PFPCS and its not the same. Staff changes so often and without warning. The school bus service stinks. PFPCS used to pick up the students in PFPCS owned buses where the bus drivers also worked in the school . That was much safer because you knew the person who was driving your child to school . The old principal said they stopped using their own buses to save money but, PFP inc. is always involved in other programs through out the city so why couldnt they have afforded to keep their own bus . the school had more after school programs and now there's only 2. I only keep my child here because the neighborhood school is worse. PFPCS needs to get it together.

People For People Cs 4

Posted October 14, 2012
Hello everyone, I teach at this school and am wondering if parents get to see some of the very positive things going on at this school. For example: The school has partnered with a local retauranteur to serve healthy meals for lunch everyday. I'm talking restaurant-grade food that very few other places get to enjoy! It has also partnered with Teach for America to hire young, bright teachers with energy and modern teaching styles and methods who have mentors who provide ample training for them. I also wonder if people know how much technology is used in each class. Every classroom has either a smart board, or a projector. I can also tell you that the teachers care deeply about the students and have a strong sense of urgency about their needs and their academic success. To be clear, I'm not advocating it's a perfect place - no place is; In fact, the challenges we face as teachers are daunting (any person who has taught kids in an urban city school can attest to this) I'm just wondering if our contributors (parents) have really given consideration to all the services they get at this school. Sometimes we take for granted what is good and given to us.

Posted August 19, 2011
PFPCS stinks!!!! It doesn't make any sense that the school went down this bad in a short time. My son went to this school in Kindergarten and I LOVE IT THEN... all of the great teachers left and went to other schools. He has a learning disability, but I think some of the teachers have the same problem. They don't know how to inform parents of staff change or school policy change. I'm just really tired of being a full time parent and a full time teacher. I already have a job and I don't get paid to teach him. Helping him to understand what the teacher is teaching but not teaching the whole lesson. That's just crazy. So sad to see a school go down like this. A word to parents: "DON'T EVEN APPLY!!!"

Posted April 18, 2011
I am a former parent of this horrible school I removed my daughter out of this school four months ago and it is the best thing I could of ever done at her new school she is now playing catch up because a lot of things they are doing there she did not get at People For People I would never recommend anyone to attend this school THIS SCHOOL IS A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted January 03, 2011
i think whoever gave this school 3 out of 5 stars was being extremly generous. Althought the teachers are great the rest of the staff is mediocre at best. my kids have been there for some years i have watched it go from ok to bad to worst. i am actually trying my best to get my children away from this school as soon as possible. the students run the halls, there is a lack in supervision and the discipline is awful and unfair. the people in charge are family members without the best creditionals or no creditionals at all. like i said, the best part about the school is the teachers, the parents are angry, there has been a number of times where my children or other peoples children have had a run in with an adult with foul language. this school is a horrible school i would never recommend it to any parent and there are alot of changes that needs to be made.

People For People Cs 2

Posted November 23, 2010
My child attended this school for a period of 5 months. In this short period of time I reported three unsatisfactory incidents to the director and was provided with no follow up about any of the situations. Some of the teachers are very unprofessional in the manner that they speak to and discipline the children. I would NOT recommend this school to anyone.

Posted August 13, 2010
i am a former people for people student. people for people is the worst school ever. they have no discipline they cant keep teachers. the kids are very disrespectful. the teachers cant teach anything. it has just went downhill since the year it opened./

People For People Cs
800 North Broad St, Philadelphia, PA  19130
Last modified People For People Cs is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
People For People Cs Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top