Philadelphia, PA

Swenson Arts & Technology High School 2

Posted September 02, 2015
I recommend no one sends their kid here. Students are ignorant and insolent. Teachers gossip and talk.There are some teachers that are amazing but the moments are ephemeral.Make your child apply to Central or Masterman instead. You will have better oppurtinities there. We barely have any extra curricular activies, no Honors program, and less than 5 AP courses.We don't have Physics or pre-calculus. Worst of all, students here act ghetto. Miraculously, I am moving for my last 2 years of high school and onto a better high school. The ratings on this school are the definition of duplicity. - Current Sophomore.

Swenson Arts & Technology High School 2

Posted April 24, 2013
I highly recommend that nobody sends their child to this school. Plenty of teachers don't even teach. Last year I was very interested in learning chemistry. Now after being in the class I can't wait to get out. My teacher looks up things to shop for instead of teaching the class. Not to mention that my electrical teacher has barely had us done electrical work in the past two years. We literally spend our time doing labor work struggling to build the school a new gym. My principal is too cheap to hire real professionals.

Posted November 06, 2012
fresh man class of 2016 seems like a good school so far only one problem theres only 800 students in the entire school but the teachers keep us in check with a good amount of projects and papers

Swenson Arts & Technology High School 1

Posted November 28, 2011
its more like a daycare center, nobody teaches in there, its a messed up school, i made a mistake going to this school

Swenson Arts & Technology High School 5

Posted April 21, 2011
I just graduated from Swenson last year and i miss it a lot. I miss going there to see my friends and teachers. Swenson has the 4th highest test scores than compared to other public schools. There are different career areas on which you can choose in 9th grade for 10th grade all the way until you graduate. I can't be more proud than to be a graduate from Swenson

Swenson Arts & Technology High School 5

Posted September 26, 2009
Ima former student from Swenson and the school is excellent. Great vocational opportunities for students willing to accept them I would attend swenson all over again

Swenson Arts & Technology High School

Posted September 04, 2007
Swenson High school has the fourth highest test scores than that of the Philadelphia public school system. It offers great careers to students who are willing to accpet education as an important aspect in their life. I graduated from swenson June 2007 and I couldn't be happier to be a Swenson Graduate.

Posted May 29, 2007
I am a current student at Swenson and I graduate Next Year. The school has a few good shop classes like networking and auto, but some teachers cant teach well because they cannot speak english very well

Posted September 13, 2006
the school is a good one. a small school that is starting to build extra curricular activities. As well as a reputation for excellence

Swenson Arts & Technology High School 1

Posted November 25, 2005
I went there for two years. The math teachers are ok and the electronics department is good but the rest of the school is a joke. It is a dangerous place to send your child.

Swenson Arts & Technology High School
2750 Red Lion Rd, Philadelphia, PA  19114
(215) 961-2009
Last modified Swenson Arts & Technology High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Swenson Arts & Technology High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top