First Philadelphia Preparatory Charter School 1

Posted October 19, 2014
this school is for the birds!!!!!!!!!!!! I got fired with all the new changes. And never been happier!!! Too many cover ups ruins a good thing.

First Philadelphia Preparatory Charter School 4

Posted October 07, 2014
My daughter has attended this school for 2 years I love the school There are about 800 people every year trying and praying to get chosen through the lottery to all the people who have negative things to say about the school and teachers give up your spot and go to your neighborhood school

Posted February 08, 2014
This school is great, our pricipal is okay and ms Mccoy is one of the best people ive ever incontered! So whatever parents think that our school/ staff is horrible, i come here everyday , and i love them. We all are like one big family

First Philadelphia Preparatory Charter School 2

Posted January 23, 2014
Rude, inconsiderate , unprofessional, mrs. Mccoy should be demoted. Do not know howvto talk to children. Mrs. Arcarol always claims she will handle it but it goes dismissed.

First Philadelphia Preparatory Charter School 3

Posted October 06, 2013
Not as great as I thought. This is my daughter's first year here and I am not impressed at all. Her teacher is not approachable at all. My daughter learned more from her preschool than she does in here.

Posted September 27, 2013
My child is doing wonderfully attending this school. Her grades are fabulous. And her PSSA scores from last year were out of this world!!

Posted August 16, 2013
It's a wonderful brand new modern facility , incredible clean , very well organized, teachers are well educated and experts in their fields. My son is very happy to go every day and learn from his teachers education, manners, music, physical education and socializing. He comes every day with new exiting stories and great experiences. That is very important for me as a parent, that he wake up happy to know that he is going to a magical place.

Posted August 16, 2013
My first opinion of the school was, wow republicans are really doing their thing for the children. I'm a child care provider and valuing a child education is important. Sometimes the quality of a school of a child effects the help a child receives at home. It does my heart good as someone who loves and works with children to see a school where this effect is taking place.

First Philadelphia Preparatory Charter School 4

Posted August 15, 2013
My child is enrolled in the Devaraux campus, recently relocated to Bustleton Ave. I understand that this branch has just recently been added but the moving and relocating has become something of an issue, the communication between the staff and the parents is lacking. Almost all school functions and any other parent/teacher occasion that goes on seems to be put together very last minute or at least the notifications given to parents is. Giving working parents only a few days (2 to 3) notice to schedule a meeting or meet the staff is not enough time, they need to remember that most if not all workplaces request ample time (a week or more) notice for a day off or even an early leave. It's hard enough that the school has 35 days off this year alone along with 15 half days. That's a ton of time off! not many people are able to say they even have half that time accured in vacation/sick time an then to schedule all other functions before 6 is just asking a lot from the parents and seems a bit unfair since most will not be able to participate.

Posted August 14, 2013
I have 2 high school age children that have attended this school from K-8th grades, and I have had a wonderful experience with both of my girls! Although they are making new friends at their new high school, they have an amazing group of friends they met, and grew up with from this school. A very diversified and intelligent group of kids, and I am proud of my girls for having such great friends. These children all share an amazing value system and have learned the importance of staying true to that. I credit the school, in part, for these kid's healthy and accepting views of other people and life circumstances. Not only did this school perform accademically for the children, but the teachers and counselors and other faculty, know each and every child by name, and establish working relationships with the parents. I now have a young child that is in 1st grade at First Philadelphia, and I look forward to his following years to come, the friends he will make, and the wonerful opportunities that will come his way from following the guidance of the school. Hard work is well rewarded and self-esteem is worked on daily!!! I recommend this school!!!!!

First Philadelphia Preparatory Charter School
4300 Tacony St, Philadelphia, PA  19124
Last modified First Philadelphia Preparatory Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
First Philadelphia Preparatory Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 53 reviews. Top