Bad
Good

My daughter has attended for 4 years. Our experience has been good. No school is perfect but this school offers many activities and provides a safe environment condusive to learning. They have gym and an extensive library and other things that are not present in many other schools in the school district.

In my opinion all schools are what you make of them. This school provides inner city children a wonderful safe campus to foster a love of learning. I was grateful that my daughter was selected by lottery for kindergarten class two years ago. They take the students on almost monthly field trips. Wonderful library that they borrow books from on a weekly basis. It's a great school!

My daughter has attended this school for 2 years I love the school There are about 800 people every year trying and praying to get chosen through the lottery to all the people who have negative things to say about the school and teachers give up your spot and go to your neighborhood school

This school is great, our pricipal is okay and ms Mccoy is one of the best people ive ever incontered! So whatever parents think that our school/ staff is horrible, i come here everyday , and i love them. We all are like one big family

Rude, inconsiderate , unprofessional, mrs. Mccoy should be demoted. Do not know howvto talk to children. Mrs. Arcarol always claims she will handle it but it goes dismissed.

Not as great as I thought. This is my daughter's first year here and I am not impressed at all. Her teacher is not approachable at all. My daughter learned more from her preschool than she does in here.

My child is doing wonderfully attending this school. Her grades are fabulous. And her PSSA scores from last year were out of this world!!

It's a wonderful brand new modern facility , incredible clean , very well organized, teachers are well educated and experts in their fields. My son is very happy to go every day and learn from his teachers education, manners, music, physical education and socializing. He comes every day with new exiting stories and great experiences. That is very important for me as a parent, that he wake up happy to know that he is going to a magical place.

My first opinion of the school was, wow republicans are really doing their thing for the children. I'm a child care provider and valuing a child education is important. Sometimes the quality of a school of a child effects the help a child receives at home. It does my heart good as someone who loves and works with children to see a school where this effect is taking place.

My child is enrolled in the Devaraux campus, recently relocated to Bustleton Ave. I understand that this branch has just recently been added but the moving and relocating has become something of an issue, the communication between the staff and the parents is lacking. Almost all school functions and any other parent/teacher occasion that goes on seems to be put together very last minute or at least the notifications given to parents is. Giving working parents only a few days (2 to 3) notice to schedule a meeting or meet the staff is not enough time, they need to remember that most if not all workplaces request ample time (a week or more) notice for a day off or even an early leave. It's hard enough that the school has 35 days off this year alone along with 15 half days. That's a ton of time off! not many people are able to say they even have half that time accured in vacation/sick time an then to schedule all other functions before 6 is just asking a lot from the parents and seems a bit unfair since most will not be able to participate.

Last modified First Philadelphia Preparatory Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.