460 students|Green Woods Cs

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Grateful to: Parent

Posted November 12, 2015
Thanks to the other parents that do not just sit back and let the school dictate policies without being fair.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted November 12, 2015
The teachers have the potential to be effective however the lack of support interferes with what could be a great situation of learning.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted November 12, 2015
The amount of homework is not an issue. Homework is just to enhance the skill.

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted November 12, 2015
The school has the potential to do so however it needs to get rid of the current administration. They are not compassionate, unfair and talk to both children and parents as if they do not matter.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted November 12, 2015
Lack of respect is shown as the voice of children gets drowned out by the adults.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted November 12, 2015
How could you show compassion, care and empathy when the students are not given an opportunity to explain what is going on. It is whatever the teacher says.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted November 12, 2015
Unfortunately, the school officials (Dean of Students and Dean of students and faculty) could care less about what is going on with the students. They are one sided and do not get a full view of what is going on,.

Green Woods CS 1

Posted November 12, 2015
I have really tried to work with this school. I did not read the other comments prior to sending my children there. Needless to say, the comments are TRUE. The staff is VERY disrespectful and lack professionalism.

Green Woods CS 5

Posted April 12, 2014
As the parent of a gifted student, Greenwoods has done everything I had intended for my child. He was really curious, like most young children, always asking a ton of questions. My husband supported that by always saying ask good questions. At Greenwoods, he learned how to continue to ask questions but the questions just got better. Maybe a child like mine would have performed well anywhere, but I don't think so. It takes great teachers to create a healthy container within which children can develop and grow. We have experienced teachers like that all the way through his education. I'm grateful that all of the research that I did when my child was three, and we didn't want to have to leave Philadelphia for the suburbs, paid off. It was the lottery we needed to win. My only wish is that every child in Philadelphia could go to a public school this good and have parents who care about them and their education. The only way for Greenwoods to improve is to open 30 other schools just like it. I saw the story about the bullying and I know about it. That was then, this is now. Zero tolerance for bullying is in place and it is part of the curriculum. That and conflict resolution.

Green Woods CS 1

Posted March 12, 2014
I WAS a student at Green Woods. WAS is the key word. The school lacked help on childerns feelings and how they were unhappy with their social envorment. Teachers and staff did NOTHING to help the bullying conflicts that went on. Day after day I saw one of my friends getting verbally abused or I got verbally abused and when I drew attention to it, the school swept it under the carpet like it was nothing. And some of the middle school teachers had attitude. They favored some kids over others (the "special needs" children over the "normal" children). They let kids these "special" kids interupt the learing enviorment, but when someone else interupted it they got punished for it. The bullying thing is what got me the most. I hated the fact that I had to go to school in fear everyday and cried myself to sleep every night because of what people said to me and my friends every day. There were only a select few of staff members who actually cared about the childrens well being. I HATED THE SCHOOL AND THE MOST OF THE STUDENTS! -an EX-student

119 Rector Street (moving to 468 Domino Lane), Philadelphia, PA  19128
Last modified Green Woods CS is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Green Woods CS Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 82 reviews. Top