Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

I absolutely love love love this school, the teachers and the staff are awesome Ave the curriculum is awesome as well.

The school has great potential, but like others said, the current administration MUST go!!. Unfortunately for us, we will not see that change, we are moving out of the area to a different school district. We had planned to leave in 3 years when the oldest is high school age, however, we simply can not stand the current administration. They treat the parents and the children with no respect. Their attitude is everyone should feel lucky to have their children there and do not dare raise any issues. I can't wait to hear when they are all fired in the future, the day is coming. You simply can not treat families the way they do and get away with it. Good luck to all the families left behind, I hope things will improve in the near future.

I have two children at Green Woods Charter School and so far we have had a great experience. Every teacher we have had has been wonderful. My kids are flourishing academically and socially. Like everything in life there is room for improvement but overall it has been a good experience.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

The teachers have the potential to be effective however the lack of support interferes with what could be a great situation of learning.

Amount of homework: Agree

The amount of homework is not an issue. Homework is just to enhance the skill.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Unfortunately, the school officials (Dean of Students and Dean of students and faculty) could care less about what is going on with the students. They are one sided and do not get a full view of what is going on,.

I have really tried to work with this school. I did not read the other comments prior to sending my children there. Needless to say, the comments are TRUE. The staff is VERY disrespectful and lack professionalism.

As the parent of a gifted student, Greenwoods has done everything I had intended for my child. He was really curious, like most young children, always asking a ton of questions. My husband supported that by always saying ask good questions. At Greenwoods, he learned how to continue to ask questions but the questions just got better. Maybe a child like mine would have performed well anywhere, but I don't think so. It takes great teachers to create a healthy container within which children can develop and grow. We have experienced teachers like that all the way through his education. I'm grateful that all of the research that I did when my child was three, and we didn't want to have to leave Philadelphia for the suburbs, paid off. It was the lottery we needed to win. My only wish is that every child in Philadelphia could go to a public school this good and have parents who care about them and their education. The only way for Greenwoods to improve is to open 30 other schools just like it. I saw the story about the bullying and I know about it. That was then, this is now. Zero tolerance for bullying is in place and it is part of the curriculum. That and conflict resolution.

I WAS a student at Green Woods. WAS is the key word. The school lacked help on childerns feelings and how they were unhappy with their social envorment. Teachers and staff did NOTHING to help the bullying conflicts that went on. Day after day I saw one of my friends getting verbally abused or I got verbally abused and when I drew attention to it, the school swept it under the carpet like it was nothing. And some of the middle school teachers had attitude. They favored some kids over others (the "special needs" children over the "normal" children). They let kids these "special" kids interupt the learing enviorment, but when someone else interupted it they got punished for it. The bullying thing is what got me the most. I hated the fact that I had to go to school in fear everyday and cried myself to sleep every night because of what people said to me and my friends every day. There were only a select few of staff members who actually cared about the childrens well being. I HATED THE SCHOOL AND THE MOST OF THE STUDENTS! -an EX-student

I am so glad I have teachers that care about my child special needs and they have been going the extra mile for him. Green Wood is a school that will care for your child and expect them to achieve.

Last modified Green Woods CS is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.