No rating

International Christian High School

Private | 8-12 | 134 students

Living in Philadelphia

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $71,100. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $890.

Posted December 17, 2013

This school is very bad , they take you're money and give you a big slap in the face. there not strict with the uniform policy its a very bad school lack of supply's u must provide your own lunch or pay money . The principle is horrible he acts very nice in the interview but is a hypocrite don't let the christian in international christian high school fool you . the education i give 3 stars but its not any better than the other schools i bought my son to . The school is not organized once they get your money its all about the money money . Its a wild unorganized , unsafe , School

Posted December 17, 2013

international christian high school is very poor in supplies . the lunch is horrible microwave food everyday very unhealthy .Unsafe school dismissals , students leave out when they feel like very bad this school deserve no stars i think u should only bring you're child to this school you're child has a very very bad record. You can not have a clean slat in that school

Posted April 22, 2013

ICHS is an amazing school. The teachers are very friendly and understanding. ICHS is a perfect school for all Christians and those who would like to know the lord on a whole new better level I would definitely recommend this school for you i know that you wont regret.

Posted October 27, 2012

ICHS has been the best school I ve attended thus far. The devotion, integrity, and Christian leadership exhibited by the faculty is undeniable. I ve attended ICHS for 3 years packed with quality education and spiritual growth. I ve developed a close relationship with most of my teachers. I can honestly say that the faculty have students on their first priority. They re selfless and dedicated. They give us all of the tools needed to move on with college and, more importantly, life. It will definitely be a bittersweet moment at graduation. Class of 13.

Posted October 24, 2012

i feel that ichs teachers take the time to interact with the students on a base level. they try to help whenever they can. the sports are competative, the drama club is great, and the new volleyball is fantastic. i have seen a very big improvement in the lunch program.

Posted March 11, 2011

I truly agree that International Christian High School has helped my son succeed. The teachers work with him and are truly concerned about he education. I know I made a right choice enrolling him in the school

Posted March 10, 2011

If you a looking for a small school that will provide your child the individual attention he or she needs then ICHS is the school for you. Each teacher personally knows their student and can give parents detailed, descriptive reports on each student. The staff is very helpful and professional. They truly display Christian discipleship. If I had to decide all over again where my son would go, I would choose ICHS again. I believe my son has a bright future ahead of him and I have ICHS to thank for that.

Posted March 9, 2011

Two of my children have graduated from ICHS (went on to college); two are currently in ICHS (10th and 12th grades); last two children (currently in 4th and 8th grades) will be attending ICHS. Dedicated and caring faculty and staff; solid curriculum that challenges students to excel. As with anything in life, "You get out of it, what you put into it". I would recommend ICHS to anyone.

Posted May 6, 2009

This school was the right size for my children - small, caring and quality. It had enough activities to keep the kids busy an d enable them to participate.Something they probably would not have be able to do in a large school.We particularly appreciated the christian values taught at the school. We have recommended the school to many of our friends.

Posted April 29, 2009

this school is very poor in supplying proper education to its students. Teachers and faculty members single out students causing them to feel uncomfortable and sometimes scared. The lunch is unaduequate and the health department needs to check this place out

Posted April 15, 2009

This school has what it needs to be a school. It may not have alot of options to choose from but they have most of the necesities to get your kids through college. People shouldn't always blame bad things on the school because its not always the school but the students themselves.

Posted February 16, 2009

I think the administration in this school is excellent. For the things that they put up with and go through to keep this school going, i think that they do a great job.

Posted January 25, 2009

I am very pleased with this school. My daugther has received personal attention that I don't believe she would have in a larger school.The teachers have always made themself available to address her needs. I feel the students and teachers show a great deal of respect for one another. I would highly recommend this school.

Posted October 15, 2008

ICHS has made a lasting impact on me. The teachers have taken the time to not only teach thier subjects, but to get to know me personally. A few different times as I have neede help they sat down and prayed me through some things that were going on at home. They have been a school that brought me through some rough times. I am set to graduate in 09 and I am going to Eastern.

Posted October 15, 2008

ICHS is oldest Christian School in Philadelphia and one of only a handful that purpose to stay in Philadelphia to reach out to the broken within our city. ICHS was started 40 years ago with the intent of giving an Christian alternative to broken families and make it as affordable as possible. If you have any questions about the school feel free to email: ichsphila@gmail.com or call 215-455-9334 anytime. If you are a graduate of ICHS we would love to hear from you, and also send you the school newspaper which is a free mailing. May God Bless you, - Mr. Brittin Administrator at ICHS
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted September 14, 2008

This school is utterly ridiculous! I feel as though my parents wasted there money sending me to I.C.H.S.! My parents never saw any of there money prosper here! Although the atmosphere is not quite as bad the public schools! It still doesn't have an up to date curriculum being taught! I was quite disappointed once I realized that the library had books in there that was almost a century old and was no use to me in any of my research projects due to the fact they were out of date! I can also say that the schools teachers are not all qualified to teach many subjects that they are currently teaching! I honestly don't feel as though any parent should have to waste there money for a whole year once realizing that the disciplinary, biblical, and educational values that their children are being taught aren't up to par!

Posted November 9, 2007

I graduated in '04 and I had an ok experience, but I wish I wouldn't have settled. Their disciplinary actions are poor however and the rest of the kids who want to learn suffer. The students have control of the classroom, the teachers don't. The teachers also practice lots of favoritism, and they also don't like involvement with the parents. They don't have many extra curriculars, and forget about college prep. They don't even have a yearbook! In my opinion, put out the extra money and send them to calvary. I'd rather put my child in public school rather then pay for them to go to ichs.

Posted September 10, 2007

My son attended INCH during his freshman and sophomore year. The worst part about this school was the lack of involvement with parents regarding children who need remedial instruction. Parents are placated, yet there is no remedy. Safety was a concern because of the interaction with other schools. This school does not have the leadership or teaching staff to offer children optimum success.

Posted August 9, 2007

This school is not what its name would have you believe. Do not let 'Christian' fool you. My advice is, spend time sitting in the school lobby. In a matter of minutes you will find all you need to know about how the school operates. Do not send your child to this school. If your child is having trouble with math, this is not the place for them. The programmed instruction booklets are the sole remediation.

Posted July 18, 2007

Although there are a few good teachers in this school; as a whole has proved to be quite a dissapointment. I am currently having difficulties with my child's transcript. The administratioh is ignoring my request to meet in order to resolve this matter. Math instruction seems to be a non entity.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 13% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACE
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

413 East Tabor Road