Philadelphia, PA
Before care: Yes

Posted July 16, 2014
My son is what you consider a "lifer" at Jubilee School. He started out in Pre-K and will be graduating this year from the 6th grade. Words can NOT express how grateful I am for the wonderful experience that my child as well as my family has had with this Diamond in a rough! From Ms Helen, to Ms Anike, to Ms Rose , to Mr Mike, and more importantly, Ms Karen- our family will forever be indebted! When the children leave this institution of learning, there's never any question of who they are and what their in life is. There is a great sense of security & independence instilled in the children that attend Jubilee. I highly recommend this place for free spirited individual.

Posted October 30, 2013
I have had the good fortune of having two of my children attend Jubilee and there are not enough stars to rate the school. The one word I always use to describe Jubilee is Godsend! The teachers tune in to each child's strengths, celebrate them as individuals, and help build a sense of self that leaves the children with a feeling of invincibility. Not only do the children receive a strong academic foundation, they also receive a well rounded education in art, music, poetry....and the list goes on. Students leave Jubilee well equipped for their transition into middle school. Most students leave to attend some of the top schools in the Philadelphia area. My oldest no longer attends Jubilee but still considers Jubilee her second home. I can't wait until my 18 month old enters the pre-school!!!

Posted October 30, 2013
I can not say enough positive things about Jubilee School. From the small class sizes, and personal attention each child receives from his or her teacher to the positive culture of co-learning; Jubilee School is focused on building well rounded children that are smart, socially just, and ready for promotion on through high school and higher education. I would not sen my child to any of the local schools because of the staff's commitment to our children,

Posted October 30, 2013
My son has attended Jubilee School from pre-k on through second grade. I can't say enough good things about the education, the culture, and community at Jubilee School. The class sizes are exceptional; 9:1 is the largest ratio I have ever seen, and it applies to every class up to 7th grade. Every teacher in the school is committed to every child, and they have a relationship with each student, and parents. The educational experience embodies child centered learning. The number of children that play an instrument, read well beyond grade level is astonishing. From the Director on to volunteer parents take an active role in the school. I only wish the school went up through high-school; but I know my child will be well rounded, globally conscious and prepared to be an empowered decision maker when he is ready to move on into high-school on through higher education. The impact of his time at Jubilee School has been the love of learning, and civic responsibility to say the least.

Posted October 30, 2013
My son Noah attended a school in Philadelphia School District and regressed academically. My son has only been attending Jubilee for two and a half months and is excelling emensly. His reading has improved, he is learning word problems, roman numerals, tally marks and time. Jubilee offer viloin and manderin at no extra cost. Noah is recieving a balanced education and indiviual attention if needed. I appreciate the warma dn attentive environment that Jubilee offer to both parents and students. I can say without hastitation that Noah will be attending Jubillee until he graduates.

Posted October 30, 2013
Jubilee School is a great school. Someone recommend the school three years ago, then last school year another person. That was the best thing that could of happened to both of us.This is my son Jayson first year. :-) In this short period of time, the level that Jubilee teachers has taken him is extraordinary. My son ask me if I can sign him up to the after school program because school is to short. That makes me happy, he never wants school to be over. I love that he takes up Dance, Violin, and Mandarin just to name a few. Each day he teaches my Home Daycare children what he learns in school (it's a lot). The teacher's make learning fun and exciting for the children. Jubilee is a wonderful place for children to learn and explore and be themselves.This school helps children to think outside the box. Jubilee teaching standards are high and still growing. The Teacher's , Principal and Students are so close and loving (extended family). Jubilee School is the best kept secret in town but now let's not keep it a secret anymore, spread the word. Don't sleep on Jubilee School, a great school for children to attend. I no my son will be there.

Jubilee School 1

Posted September 11, 2013
Please see commentary posted on google review for Jubilee SEARCH GOOGLE: Philadelphia Jubilee School and click Google reviews PLEASE READ POST, PLEASE READ POST

Posted July 12, 2012
Jubilee is the hidden gem of University City. The staff and curriculum are together preparing the students to be creative, caring, community conscious intellectuals. Jubilee has been around for 35 years and needs to be around for 35 more!!! I only wish it went higher than 6th grade. My daughter LOVES her new school!!

Posted May 23, 2012
When I stumbled upon Jubilee School last spring, I had begun to think it was impossible to find a school that would match all my criteria: caring and patient teachers, a curriculum that catered to the whole child, a community of parents dedicated to their child's education, and lastly, affordable. Yet, that is exactly what I have found at Jubilee. Almost a full school year later, I am astounded by the progress my daughter has made. The school does more than teach reading and writing, it respects and builds on children's natural creativity and imagination. So that my daughter can both spell her name and sound out letters, but more importantly, she can make up her own stories and transform ordinary objects into innovative and elaborate play schemes. Thanks to Jubilee, my daughter is brighter and more confident. If my own daughter's progress wasn't enough, I attended a workshop presented by graduates of Jubilee. Awed and inspired by the Civil Rights documentary they made, campaign to end gun violence, and the writing of their own history textbook, I left knowing Jubilee would do more than teach my daughter, it would empower her to make a positive difference in the world.

Posted May 23, 2012
Jubilee School is an incredibly supportive and nurturing place for young people. From the first day we visited Jubilee my family has been impressed by the amount of ownership and responsibility that students develop while attending the school. The school has a central theme of study each year and each grade uses this theme to root their studies throughout the year. In addition to student-centered academic studies, there is a great art program, an extensive music and dance program and wonderful collaborative projects with community members. Jubilee is truly a great place for young people to develop into thoughtful, artistic, and smart human beings.

Jubilee School