Bad
Good

This school is great. They have many traveling trips and great homework, the teachers really work with the parents and kids.

I currently have two students in DCS. My oldest is in the 8th grade she's and has been hers since kindergarten. I've never felt more impressed by how much she have learned. They have prepared her to go on into high school with all the tools and beyond. My youngest is a 4th grader who at one point had some issues with directions but always got back on track with the guidance of great teacher and the hands-on help. Now she's a phenomenal student and star athlete. Kudos to the best school in West Philly

I love the staff at dcs.. The principal is there late she is very involved. The school is a big family as a parent I'm secure leaving my child there. My child had learned so much there. She has really advanced.. They teach the kids thru the way of discovering . Hands on and it helps them pick up things so much faster... Great school great choice.

Discovery is a school where teachers come in early and stay late. It's a home away from home for both faculty and students. DCS offers its students experiences that few other public schools in the city offer. Travel is integrated into the curriculum and students are expected to be well read, well spoken, and well informed members of the global community. I am impressed with DCS.

I am a "2012" graduate of discovery charter school . I was with DCS from the very beginning in 2003 In 9 years of being there it made me a better student and young lady . They devote there lives to teach us to make sure that we succeed . I was a type of student that got in trouble all time but by the time I made it to middle school I got my act together I did spelling bees , student leader , choir , track , and basketball . I become a leader to other because of DCS we explored the world through learning. when it was time for me to graduate I didn't want to go because of the bond I grew with my teacher even today with me being a freshman in high school I still visit DCS. And my teacher that brought were I am today my mom Couldn't have picked a better school for me to grow , learn , archive , and succeed t

I've been an active parent of a student at DCS for 7years, also a part of the Home and School Assoc. Words cannot express the appreciation for the education and experience DCS has/is providing for my child. I am presently preparing another child for possible enrollment. Couldn't see my children anywhere else under anyone else's care! DCS Rocks!!!

DCS is a great community school with certified teachers who are up to date in the best teaching methods. The special education and student support staff is growing quantitatively and qualitatively. There is a general family style effort to help students succeed. 8th grader travel to Spain, 5th grade to Canada, 4th grade to Washington, DC and 3rd grade to NYC with more trips planned!

This is my daughter's 4th year at DCS, and she is flourishing! The teachers are easy to get a hold of and keep me abreast with my daughter's education. The entire staff gives the school a "family" feel.

I'm pleased with the overall culture of this school. Our assistant principal is always around and is extremely helpful.

Presently, I have two children attending DCS. Last year my oldest child graduated from 8th grade. DCS is great! DCS staff stretch beyond the call of duty for the benefit of the children. The staff is excellent and so is the parents. DCS is a very good choose academically and also for the enviornment. It's safe. My children are doing well at DCS. When my 5th grader began slacking her teachers along with myself partnered to help my child pull her grades up. And team work is a beautiful thing. So hats of to you Ms. Kelly!!! Me and my family love you and DCS!

Last modified Discovery Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.