Posted January 25, 2014
I love the staff at dcs.. The principal is there late she is very involved. The school is a big family as a parent I'm secure leaving my child there. My child had learned so much there. She has really advanced.. They teach the kids thru the way of discovering . Hands on and it helps them pick up things so much faster... Great school great choice.

Posted October 07, 2013
Discovery is a school where teachers come in early and stay late. It's a home away from home for both faculty and students. DCS offers its students experiences that few other public schools in the city offer. Travel is integrated into the curriculum and students are expected to be well read, well spoken, and well informed members of the global community. I am impressed with DCS.

Posted April 16, 2013
I am a "2012" graduate of discovery charter school . I was with DCS from the very beginning in 2003 In 9 years of being there it made me a better student and young lady . They devote there lives to teach us to make sure that we succeed . I was a type of student that got in trouble all time but by the time I made it to middle school I got my act together I did spelling bees , student leader , choir , track , and basketball . I become a leader to other because of DCS we explored the world through learning. when it was time for me to graduate I didn't want to go because of the bond I grew with my teacher even today with me being a freshman in high school I still visit DCS. And my teacher that brought were I am today my mom Couldn't have picked a better school for me to grow , learn , archive , and succeed t

Posted March 08, 2013
I've been an active parent of a student at DCS for 7years, also a part of the Home and School Assoc. Words cannot express the appreciation for the education and experience DCS has/is providing for my child. I am presently preparing another child for possible enrollment. Couldn't see my children anywhere else under anyone else's care! DCS Rocks!!!

Posted March 08, 2012
DCS is a great community school with certified teachers who are up to date in the best teaching methods. The special education and student support staff is growing quantitatively and qualitatively. There is a general family style effort to help students succeed. 8th grader travel to Spain, 5th grade to Canada, 4th grade to Washington, DC and 3rd grade to NYC with more trips planned!

Posted November 29, 2010
This is my daughter's 4th year at DCS, and she is flourishing! The teachers are easy to get a hold of and keep me abreast with my daughter's education. The entire staff gives the school a "family" feel.

Posted November 28, 2010
I'm pleased with the overall culture of this school. Our assistant principal is always around and is extremely helpful.

Discovery Charter School 0

Posted March 02, 2010
Presently, I have two children attending DCS. Last year my oldest child graduated from 8th grade. DCS is great! DCS staff stretch beyond the call of duty for the benefit of the children. The staff is excellent and so is the parents. DCS is a very good choose academically and also for the enviornment. It's safe. My children are doing well at DCS. When my 5th grader began slacking her teachers along with myself partnered to help my child pull her grades up. And team work is a beautiful thing. So hats of to you Ms. Kelly!!! Me and my family love you and DCS!

Posted May 19, 2009
I have found that since my son has been attending Discovery he has really stepped up his game in behavior and his subjects. He is still sturggling somewhat but his outlook on his academic subjects thanks to the teachers have improved a whole alot. The teachers their really help the students to achieve their best and never give up on themselves. No matter what obstacles come their way they try to instill in them not to make execuses for their mistakes but to correct those mistakes so that you dont make they same ones twice. At Discovery, failure is not an option only to succeed and achieve at whatever the students do in life.

Posted March 27, 2009
This is an excellent school for academics. With a strong support system.

Discovery Charter School
5070 Parkside Ave, Philadelphia, PA  19131
Last modified Discovery Charter School is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Discovery Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top