Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I love Maritime. I felt very comfortable there and the academics are amazing. I can say I actually do learn there. The other kids are all good to one another , yeah of course they will be some drama but you can actually make longtime friends there. One thing is the Dean. Although it is his job, he can be very strict. I understand that and it's done a good job because all the kids are respectful and mostly all of them care about their grades. They are very very VERY strict. But I'll remind you , this is a charter school and it's way better than a public school, trust me !

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Very good homework. You actually know the subjects..

Develops character: Agree

Most of the teachers put effort into their work and try to develop real character. But, since there is little accountability, it is easy for teacher to do pretty much whatever they want in the class if they chose.

Maritime is lucky to have caring and dedicated teaching staff, because the administration at this school is a mess. The CEO is a self-focused, untruthful man who will intimidate anyone who does not quietly follow his orders. It is a shame that those in leadership are not more concerned about the children who attend their school. If they were they would treat their teachers better and give them more support.

I have gone to MACHS for 4 years since 5th grade and it was the best time of my life. The teachers are incredible, all of the students are very friendly, and the academics are fantastic. I gained a family here at MACHS and they are my best friends and without them I wouldn't of known what to do. MACHS is the best middle school ever. Though the uniform policy is a little strict, you will get used to it I promise. My 4 years at MACHS were the best days of my life and I truly thank Mr. Saunders, Mr. Poznek, Ms. McGonigle, Mr. Bray, Ms. Foster, Mr. Smith, Ms. Fanega, and Ms. Yeiter. I have completed my 8th grade year because of these wonderful teachers who supported me and challenged me to unlock my full potential socially and academically. I highly recommend that you apply your child to Maritime Academy Charter School (the middle school. I know nothing about the high school) I guarantee your child will feel like they are in a safe haven when they come to Maritime. Goodbye.

This school is so bad literally all they care about is your uniform rather than your education. Half of the kids that go there are super rude too. I've been in this school since 5th grade and I just hated it. The only thing I liked about this school were some of the teachers because they made learning fun (Mr. Doyle) other than that I just didn't like this school.

This is a good school. My kids go to the and there are all doing so well.

My son has received honors since he started in 7th grade. Most schools that are trying to teach your child the importance of coming to school prepared wearing the required uniform will send your child home if the parent cannot follow the rules but it effects your child's learning and how the function in the real world. The school is a good school it shouldn't receive bad ratings because one parent cannot get the uniform requirements together.

When my kids first started here at the middle school everything was great no problems i would recommend the middle school, but the high school is the worst they care more about the uniforms then they do making sure your child understands the classwork, your child will be sent home for not have the right pants there are so many different pairs of black pants out and most school wear the same one's my child was sent home a few times , even though i told them i couldnt find the pants because of it being the end of the school year, but thats not all there's always fights going on between the girls and the deen of the high school waits til the last min to do anything then threatens the kids and the parents with being kicked out , they had a lunch lady fill in for a teacher that was out. The high School only focus is on uniforms and not education, if your child fails a class its $250 per class which is way to much money, I just really think they should take more time out to help the children understand the work instead of failing them for something they knew nothing about and how can a teacher get mad when the students asks for help????? High School..NOOOO!!!!, Midddle School Yes

I would rate Maritime a 6 out of 5, but it won't let me! I'm a student at Maritime and soon I'll be entering 7th grade there. At my old school I got mostly all As and a few Bs. Now, the work is even harder and I get all As! My teachers Mrs. D and Mr. Segrest made learning fun and exciting! The school has a lot of after school programs like robotics, drama, and band/choir/orchestra. They have lots of field trips and new activities are announced everyday! If you're looking for a fun, challenging school, apply for Maritime now!

Last modified Maritime Academy Cs is a Charter school that serves grades 4-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.