Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Develops character: Agree

Most of the teachers put effort into their work and try to develop real character. But, since there is little accountability, it is easy for teacher to do pretty much whatever they want in the class if they chose.

Maritime is lucky to have caring and dedicated teaching staff, because the administration at this school is a mess. The CEO is a self-focused, untruthful man who will intimidate anyone who does not quietly follow his orders. It is a shame that those in leadership are not more concerned about the children who attend their school. If they were they would treat their teachers better and give them more support.

I have gone to MACHS for 4 years since 5th grade and it was the best time of my life. The teachers are incredible, all of the students are very friendly, and the academics are fantastic. I gained a family here at MACHS and they are my best friends and without them I wouldn't of known what to do. MACHS is the best middle school ever. Though the uniform policy is a little strict, you will get used to it I promise. My 4 years at MACHS were the best days of my life and I truly thank Mr. Saunders, Mr. Poznek, Ms. McGonigle, Mr. Bray, Ms. Foster, Mr. Smith, Ms. Fanega, and Ms. Yeiter. I have completed my 8th grade year because of these wonderful teachers who supported me and challenged me to unlock my full potential socially and academically. I highly recommend that you apply your child to Maritime Academy Charter School (the middle school. I know nothing about the high school) I guarantee your child will feel like they are in a safe haven when they come to Maritime. Goodbye.

This school is so bad literally all they care about is your uniform rather than your education. Half of the kids that go there are super rude too. I've been in this school since 5th grade and I just hated it. The only thing I liked about this school were some of the teachers because they made learning fun (Mr. Doyle) other than that I just didn't like this school.

This is a good school. My kids go to the and there are all doing so well.

My son has received honors since he started in 7th grade. Most schools that are trying to teach your child the importance of coming to school prepared wearing the required uniform will send your child home if the parent cannot follow the rules but it effects your child's learning and how the function in the real world. The school is a good school it shouldn't receive bad ratings because one parent cannot get the uniform requirements together.

When my kids first started here at the middle school everything was great no problems i would recommend the middle school, but the high school is the worst they care more about the uniforms then they do making sure your child understands the classwork, your child will be sent home for not have the right pants there are so many different pairs of black pants out and most school wear the same one's my child was sent home a few times , even though i told them i couldnt find the pants because of it being the end of the school year, but thats not all there's always fights going on between the girls and the deen of the high school waits til the last min to do anything then threatens the kids and the parents with being kicked out , they had a lunch lady fill in for a teacher that was out. The high School only focus is on uniforms and not education, if your child fails a class its $250 per class which is way to much money, I just really think they should take more time out to help the children understand the work instead of failing them for something they knew nothing about and how can a teacher get mad when the students asks for help????? High School..NOOOO!!!!, Midddle School Yes

I would rate Maritime a 6 out of 5, but it won't let me! I'm a student at Maritime and soon I'll be entering 7th grade there. At my old school I got mostly all As and a few Bs. Now, the work is even harder and I get all As! My teachers Mrs. D and Mr. Segrest made learning fun and exciting! The school has a lot of after school programs like robotics, drama, and band/choir/orchestra. They have lots of field trips and new activities are announced everyday! If you're looking for a fun, challenging school, apply for Maritime now!

I have just graduated the 8th grade, ( i have been here since 7th ) the 2 years I spent here ave been amazing, the teachers want kids to do there best and alot of teachers offer extra help. The 7th and 8th grade teachers understand students. Just try to stay respectful and complete all assignments and it will pay off at the end of the year.

First let me start off by saying that I've bee there since 5th grade and is currently now in 9th grade. I gave the school 2stars because of the middle school. The middle is fine, actually I'll recommend the middle school. But the high school gets a -1star. It's da worst high school ever. The teachers, staff and dean makes no sense. They very petty and u get in trouble for the littlest things. I never was a trouble student, I make good grades and I never has detention before, until I got to 9th grade. For example, it was raining out, so no one wants to stop in the pouring rain. When I got to class, I got a detention for just walking in the class with my jacket. I didn't even get a chance to sit down. The dean told me I need to me to stop outside and take my jacket off. He doesn't care if its raining. The dean has asked me plenty of times, why am I at his school, and I find that so disrespectful to ask someone. But trust me I won't he there next year. Most of the teachers act just like the dean, but most are very nice. So please think twice before sending to this high school.

Last modified Maritime Academy Cs is a Charter school that serves grades 4-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.