Public charter
Philadelphia, PA

Posted January 02, 2014
My son has received honors since he started in 7th grade. Most schools that are trying to teach your child the importance of coming to school prepared wearing the required uniform will send your child home if the parent cannot follow the rules but it effects your child's learning and how the function in the real world. The school is a good school it shouldn't receive bad ratings because one parent cannot get the uniform requirements together.

Maritime Academy Cs 2

Posted September 01, 2013
When my kids first started here at the middle school everything was great no problems i would recommend the middle school, but the high school is the worst they care more about the uniforms then they do making sure your child understands the classwork, your child will be sent home for not have the right pants there are so many different pairs of black pants out and most school wear the same one's my child was sent home a few times , even though i told them i couldnt find the pants because of it being the end of the school year, but thats not all there's always fights going on between the girls and the deen of the high school waits til the last min to do anything then threatens the kids and the parents with being kicked out , they had a lunch lady fill in for a teacher that was out. The high School only focus is on uniforms and not education, if your child fails a class its $250 per class which is way to much money, I just really think they should take more time out to help the children understand the work instead of failing them for something they knew nothing about and how can a teacher get mad when the students asks for help????? High School..NOOOO!!!!, Midddle School Yes

Posted July 23, 2013
I would rate Maritime a 6 out of 5, but it won't let me! I'm a student at Maritime and soon I'll be entering 7th grade there. At my old school I got mostly all As and a few Bs. Now, the work is even harder and I get all As! My teachers Mrs. D and Mr. Segrest made learning fun and exciting! The school has a lot of after school programs like robotics, drama, and band/choir/orchestra. They have lots of field trips and new activities are announced everyday! If you're looking for a fun, challenging school, apply for Maritime now!

Posted June 15, 2013
I have just graduated the 8th grade, ( i have been here since 7th ) the 2 years I spent here ave been amazing, the teachers want kids to do there best and alot of teachers offer extra help. The 7th and 8th grade teachers understand students. Just try to stay respectful and complete all assignments and it will pay off at the end of the year.

Maritime Academy Cs 2

Posted May 31, 2013
First let me start off by saying that I've bee there since 5th grade and is currently now in 9th grade. I gave the school 2stars because of the middle school. The middle is fine, actually I'll recommend the middle school. But the high school gets a -1star. It's da worst high school ever. The teachers, staff and dean makes no sense. They very petty and u get in trouble for the littlest things. I never was a trouble student, I make good grades and I never has detention before, until I got to 9th grade. For example, it was raining out, so no one wants to stop in the pouring rain. When I got to class, I got a detention for just walking in the class with my jacket. I didn't even get a chance to sit down. The dean told me I need to me to stop outside and take my jacket off. He doesn't care if its raining. The dean has asked me plenty of times, why am I at his school, and I find that so disrespectful to ask someone. But trust me I won't he there next year. Most of the teachers act just like the dean, but most are very nice. So please think twice before sending to this high school.

Maritime Academy Cs 1

Posted May 20, 2013
Maritime is more worried about there national avg. then they are there students. My son was told he can't come back next yr. because of his grades what about helping my son instead of tossing him like a piece of trash, I know several other parents who's children were thrown out for there grades. If your looking for a school that truly cares about your child IT ANT Maritime academy charter school

Posted December 13, 2012
My son is in 8th grade at Maritime and has been a student here since 6th grade. I have to say, as a parent who paid Catholic School tuition for 6 years, that the education he has received and continues to receive is phenomenal. His 6th grade teachers were amazing. His 7th grade teachers truly prepared him for the PSSA's last year - he scored Proficient and Advanced. One note: Mr. Brown - his 7th grade math/science teacher just superceded any expectations I have ever had of a teacher. AMAZING!!!!!! In the beginning of the year, my son would complain about Mr Brown's ways - and I would say "ONE DAY you will appreciate that man!" Guess what? It didn't take for him to be a parent to appreciate him! He expressed the level of impact Mr. Brown had on him just this past weekend!!! Kudos to Mr. Brown and Maritime!

Posted March 26, 2012
We are in the middle school and I have to say, this is our first year and the school has amazing teachers! The curriculum is harder than at our previous private school, but the teachers make the topics more meaningful for the kids. They get them involved in learning and teach them to be responsible in their academics. They also have a ton of amazing clubs the kids can participate in before and after school, and having tutoring available daily. Their zero tolerance policy makes for a great learning environment for the kids. If you have a great kid and that you are looking for an amazing opportunity for, send them here! You won't be disappointed!

Posted February 26, 2012
The Teachers Are Great. But, some of the teachers give way too much homework to the students. But overall, its good.

Posted February 21, 2012
I sent my son to Maritime due to him being bullied at our local Catholic School. He has always had good grades but has even gotten higher grades at Maritime, they strive for greatness and get it with positive rolemodels for teachers. I have received about 5 phone calls in the last 2 years to tell me how great a kid I have, he is now on NJHS and I credit this to the great staff. They are also very good with dealing with parents and you have access to all grades at your fingertips, which is great. My son has homework but nothing that is excessive, much less then his last school. I love it so much I am now enrolling my younfre son for next year.

Maritime Academy Cs
2275 Bridge St, Philadelphia, PA  19137
Last modified Maritime Academy Cs is a Charter school that serves grades 5-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Maritime Academy Cs Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top