Philadelphia, PA

Posted April 13, 2010
My son has been at Lotus for almost a year. He attended another private school in the area prior to. With Lotus I can see a difference in the teachers and their interactions with the students. All teachers have a long standing relationship with the school as well as the students. You get a family feeling where everyone is involved and knows the children (even the ones outside of their classroom). The academics are excellent!! My son is in Pre-k 4 and the information and knowledge he has gained is a true blessing. He is ahead of the 'game'. The children learn about self respect and respect for others. Overall, I am very pleased with the school and would trust and recommend Lotus to any and all parents looking for the best for and out of their children.

Posted August 04, 2008

Posted July 08, 2008
My child started Lotus Academy when she was 3 years old, this school helped my child with more than learning. Her interaction with others and the unity this school provides is beautiful and I think we need more schools like it.

Posted June 18, 2008
My daughter began Lotus' Early Learning Center at age 4 and just graduated Kindergarten. She is going on to the 1st grade at their elementary school on Haines. I cannot say enough about the competent and loving staff, the dedication to academic excellence, and the amazing progression of my daughter in just two years. I am in love with this institution and am blessed to have my daughter attend. Anitra Ash-Shakoor, Parent

Lotus Academy 3

Posted October 30, 2006
My daughter has been going to Lotus for three years. I chose the school because I was looking for a school that could provide her with strong academics and help me with providing her with a strong sense of cultural identity. Lotus has done both. But, as she has gotten older, I have noticed that she needs more. The teachers are loving and the school's community is small. But, any extra-curricular activities will have to supplemented by the parent. The administration is a bit unorganized and resistant to change. The academics are good. But, children need more, so I am looking at other schools to provide her with a more well rounded experience. Although, I appreciate the cultural piece of the school.....I want my daughter to experience the world with all different people of different shades...and make her place in that world.

Lotus Academy 4

Posted April 20, 2006
My daughter has been at Lotus since she was 3. She is now 9 years old and in the third grade. I have always been impressed with Lotus' academic program. As a third grader, my daughter can independently conduct internet and library research and complete a research paper on topics such as lunar cycles, tornados, Western Sahara, etc. The quality of the education overrides some of the negatives, such as, no organized gym on a regular basis, no organized art or music programs (I supplement this with weekend arts programs). Most of there students test 90% on standardized exams and go on to top middle schools, i.e., Masterman. I strongly recommend Lotus if you are looking to place your child in a nurturing, culturally strong environment that provides excellent instruction that well exceeds some of the so called academic plus program's educational objectives.

Lotus Academy