Public charter
Philadelphia, PA

Posted December 17, 2014
My daughter currently attends Ad Prima for kindergarten (Frankford) and I love it! The curriculum is vigorous but she is doing a great job. They are really preparing her for the future. The grading system is tough but it helps her strive to continuously do better. The homework is time consuming, we spend 1-2 hours a night getting it done. I know she is learning a great amount and her vocabulary is great! She really enjoys going to this school.

Posted April 29, 2014
I love this school! My son did Kindergarten and 1st grade at Lab Charter and we decided to transfer him to Ad Prima side when the school moved to 63rd and Lansdown and we love it. This school is very structured and thorough with its curriculum. My son is growing and learning very well through this school. There's no doubt in my mind Ad Prima is preparing our son for one of the best High Schools and College for that matter.

Posted March 02, 2014
My Grand children attends AD Prima and this school is very disciplined and structured. My kids can attended school without fear or bullying. The curriculum is very good as I have compared it to schools in New Jersey. They are very hands on and care for the students..

Posted February 27, 2014
My daughter attends Ad Prima Charter (Frankford) for Kindergarten. I am completely happy with the education she receives so far. Like the other ratings, I completely agree that Parents MUST be prepared and ABLE to put in the time to work with their child. The curriculum is rigorous and the homework is demanding. I spend about 1 1/2 to 2 hours a day with my daughter on homework. I admit, it is a demanding but the payoff is worth it. As a Public School Teacher of 10 years, I see that she is ahead of other public school students her age (No fault of theirs but that time in makes all the difference). Her sight word reading, math and writing skills are currently that of a first grade or beginning second grade public school student. (Honestly!!) The school day is longer than public school (8-4pm) but it worked perfectly for my schedule as a teacher. Her teacher is very nice and the principal seems strong and serious. I am okay with that because I feel her job is to make sure the students get a quality education. I was informed and did my research about Ad Prima before applying. I was VERY happy when I received news of her acceptance. Prepare to put in work if you choose this school.

Posted January 21, 2014
My daughter attends Ad Prima's new 63rd street location and we love this school. She is in kindergarten and has the same course work as my nephew in the first grade in a solid New Jersey school district. Miss Simmons is the best. She is warm and encouraging but runs an orderly classroom with clear rules and expectations. I was nervous when we enrolled our daughter but she is a straight A student who more importantly loves school and learning. Best decision we could have made. And the site director(principal) is kind and loving to the children. She is always available and comes out and greets the younger children several times a month. Visit this a location and form your own opinion. I think you will be impressed.

Posted November 27, 2013
I absolutely love this school, my daughter attends Ad Prima @ the 63rd street location, my daughter came their from public school and she loves it, yes she does get a lot of work but she loves the challenge she looks forward to going to school everyday. She has an amazing teacher , I think sending my daughter here was the best thing that I could have done.

Posted November 25, 2013
My daughter has been attending this school for two years now. I have found that the teaching curriculum is challenging yet rewarding because her confidence grows by the week. They do encourage home participation by parents which has helped her tremendously. The color system used to encourage good behavior is brilliant (Red Pink, Orange, Yellow, Green). The closer you are to green, the better you have behaved. I look forward to increasing this rating as she continues through her wonderful journey at this school. We look forward to her attending this school until she has to move on to middle school. -A. Felix-

Posted October 05, 2013
Pros: They have specific rules and have them outlined. They are on the strict side of things but you know what you are getting into ahead of time. Being tardy, absent, not turning in homework, and misbehavior will not be accepted in this school. The homework seems challenging and can sometimes be over the top but overall they must be doing something right because the kids are learning. They offer a lunch program which seems to have a nice menu. Cons: The administration doesn't seem very friendly. The kids appear to be treated like a number instead of an individual. More gym time is to be desired (only 1 time every 10 days) and more recess time (I believe only 2 15 minutes breaks every week is offered). 8am-4pm is a long day, kids need breaks. No bus service. In the morning it is hectic seeing everybody driving crazy to get their kids dropped off in time. Classes sizes seem large (I believe around 25 students per teacher currently). Overall I believe the good outweighs the bad but there is definitely room for improvement.

Ad Prima Cs 3

Posted September 17, 2013
Academically, you can't beat it. Like many of the other reviews you have to be committed as a parent and be an active participant your child's education. The work is rigorous, they even give homework for the entire summer. It definitely is a committment but it's worth it. My friends daughter recently graduated from the sister school Lab Charter (which provides the same intensive curriculum) and she received a full 4 year scholarship to a Main Line private high school . The teachers are for the most part caring and compassionate, many of them straight out of college and eager to teach. I do agree that the upper administration is much to be desired, concerned more about their statewide rating than for the chiildren. That is why I rate the school a 3 not because of the academics but all the nonesense that comes with it... rude administrators, who treat you poorly because they can. The school has an outstanding academic reputation and any parent with a little bit of sense doesn't want to rock-the-boat and potentially hurt their child academically. But until we can afford to move to an area where all the schools provide this type of education.... we're stuck.

Ad Prima Cs 2

Posted September 14, 2013
Ad Prima is an ok school. The teachers are great but the head of the schools are unprofessional and do not really seem to like children.

Ad Prima Cs
3556 Frankford Ave, Philadelphia, PA  19134
Last modified Ad Prima Cs is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ad Prima Cs Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top