Public charter
Philadelphia, PA

Posted May 22, 2015
I've been at this school since third grade and the teacher always have a positive attitude and are ready to help student if we need extra work You don't have to worry about bullying

Posted December 17, 2014
My daughter currently attends Ad Prima for kindergarten (Frankford) and I love it! The curriculum is vigorous but she is doing a great job. They are really preparing her for the future. The grading system is tough but it helps her strive to continuously do better. The homework is time consuming, we spend 1-2 hours a night getting it done. I know she is learning a great amount and her vocabulary is great! She really enjoys going to this school.

Posted December 09, 2014
I love the school. lots of homework, projects and book reports. you have to be a hands on parent. wonderful school and staff. my daughter go's to the 6300 st campus.

Posted April 29, 2014
I love this school! My son did Kindergarten and 1st grade at Lab Charter and we decided to transfer him to Ad Prima side when the school moved to 63rd and Lansdown and we love it. This school is very structured and thorough with its curriculum. My son is growing and learning very well through this school. There's no doubt in my mind Ad Prima is preparing our son for one of the best High Schools and College for that matter.

Posted March 02, 2014
My Grand children attends AD Prima and this school is very disciplined and structured. My kids can attended school without fear or bullying. The curriculum is very good as I have compared it to schools in New Jersey. They are very hands on and care for the students..

Posted February 27, 2014
My daughter attends Ad Prima Charter (Frankford) for Kindergarten. I am completely happy with the education she receives so far. Like the other ratings, I completely agree that Parents MUST be prepared and ABLE to put in the time to work with their child. The curriculum is rigorous and the homework is demanding. I spend about 1 1/2 to 2 hours a day with my daughter on homework. I admit, it is a demanding but the payoff is worth it. As a Public School Teacher of 10 years, I see that she is ahead of other public school students her age (No fault of theirs but that time in makes all the difference). Her sight word reading, math and writing skills are currently that of a first grade or beginning second grade public school student. (Honestly!!) The school day is longer than public school (8-4pm) but it worked perfectly for my schedule as a teacher. Her teacher is very nice and the principal seems strong and serious. I am okay with that because I feel her job is to make sure the students get a quality education. I was informed and did my research about Ad Prima before applying. I was VERY happy when I received news of her acceptance. Prepare to put in work if you choose this school.

Posted January 21, 2014
My daughter attends Ad Prima's new 63rd street location and we love this school. She is in kindergarten and has the same course work as my nephew in the first grade in a solid New Jersey school district. Miss Simmons is the best. She is warm and encouraging but runs an orderly classroom with clear rules and expectations. I was nervous when we enrolled our daughter but she is a straight A student who more importantly loves school and learning. Best decision we could have made. And the site director(principal) is kind and loving to the children. She is always available and comes out and greets the younger children several times a month. Visit this a location and form your own opinion. I think you will be impressed.

Posted November 27, 2013
I absolutely love this school, my daughter attends Ad Prima @ the 63rd street location, my daughter came their from public school and she loves it, yes she does get a lot of work but she loves the challenge she looks forward to going to school everyday. She has an amazing teacher , I think sending my daughter here was the best thing that I could have done.

Posted November 25, 2013
My daughter has been attending this school for two years now. I have found that the teaching curriculum is challenging yet rewarding because her confidence grows by the week. They do encourage home participation by parents which has helped her tremendously. The color system used to encourage good behavior is brilliant (Red Pink, Orange, Yellow, Green). The closer you are to green, the better you have behaved. I look forward to increasing this rating as she continues through her wonderful journey at this school. We look forward to her attending this school until she has to move on to middle school. -A. Felix-

Posted October 05, 2013
Pros: They have specific rules and have them outlined. They are on the strict side of things but you know what you are getting into ahead of time. Being tardy, absent, not turning in homework, and misbehavior will not be accepted in this school. The homework seems challenging and can sometimes be over the top but overall they must be doing something right because the kids are learning. They offer a lunch program which seems to have a nice menu. Cons: The administration doesn't seem very friendly. The kids appear to be treated like a number instead of an individual. More gym time is to be desired (only 1 time every 10 days) and more recess time (I believe only 2 15 minutes breaks every week is offered). 8am-4pm is a long day, kids need breaks. No bus service. In the morning it is hectic seeing everybody driving crazy to get their kids dropped off in time. Classes sizes seem large (I believe around 25 students per teacher currently). Overall I believe the good outweighs the bad but there is definitely room for improvement.

Ad Prima Cs
3556 Frankford Ave, Philadelphia, PA  19134
Last modified Ad Prima Cs is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ad Prima Cs Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top