Public charter
Philadelphia, PA

Posted November 20, 2014
My child attends this school,the adminstration is horrible I would never recommend this school to anyone.my child had a couple of incident with a student, I've tried several attempts to reach out to the principal with no success,,every time I called she was in a meeting.HATE THIS SCHOOL ....THE TEACHERS NEVER STAY OVER A YEAR,MUKASA AFRIKA I REALLY DONT KNOW WHAT HIS POSITION IS HE'S JUST AN PUNK AZZ THAT S ALL WAYS IN THE WAY...

Khepera Cs 5

Posted May 19, 2014
I m a parent of a Khepera Charter school student. My son was accepted into Khepera in 2012. He s Been fortunate to have 3 great teachers and I must say the experience has been great. My son earns all A and 1 s, he s in the Challenge program and continuing to excel in all areas. He enjoys the afterschool programs from Karate, Science Kids. The staff if great with the Scholars and show true passion to make sure these children will be productive citizens. I respect the day to day work they place into the school and I look forward to sharing the growth for Khepera. I refuse to remove my son from this school because thus far I don't know anyone who can say their children school offers great teachers, quality education, culture base education, and summer programs that allow children to express their creative side while engaging in many activities, trips, along with their peers. I applaud the staff for their ongoing efforts.

Posted May 02, 2014
This School Is Filthy And Very Unorganized! If I Could Rate It A Zero, I Would. My Child, Who No Longer Attends This Disastrous School, Was There From 4th To 7th Grade. 4th Grade Went Well, So She Went Back For Another Year. In 5th Grade, The Teachers Gave Her Homework That A Kindergartener Could Do! I, Unfortunately, Didn't Have Another School To Enroll Her In, So I Told Her To Stick It Out For A Bit Longer. The Children Have Absolutely No Sense Of Knowledge Or Respect. They Picked On Her Groundlessly And The Facilitators Wouldn't Try To Intervene Or Anything! In Seventh Grade, They Lost Three Teachers In The Same Marking Period And The Teacher That The Children Grew Very Fond Of Was Fired For Teaching Them The Right Way! This School Is A Disgrace And My Child a Has Seen Many Pests And Rodents There. It Is Absolutely Compulsive! Do Not, I Repeat, Do NOT Send Your Child There For Middle School (6th - 8th) You'll Regret It!

Khepera Cs 4

Posted December 10, 2013
Khepera like any other school has its flaws but I can honestly say I have been very satisfied with them as a whole. My child has been in this school since second grade and is now in the seventh. I have seen a lot of changes being made throughout the years all for the better of the children. The teachers and administration at this school display genuine concern and the desire to teach every student at this school. Yes there was a change in leadership at the school on recent years but I believe that, that also worked out for the better due to revamping the administration, there are now wonderful leaders in place with what seems to be like an open door policy which you do not find very often with the administration in any school unless your child has behavior issues. The communication issues have decreased since they implemented the automatic dial-er which seems to call you everyday in order to keep parents aware of all the things going on at the school.

Khepera Cs 5

Posted August 30, 2013
My daughter has been going here since Kindergarten. I will admit they can sometimes be unorganized with letting parents know of cancellations etc. However, as a parent I stay current with what's going on in my childs school. So, whether they have contacted me or not I know what's going on because I have already contacted them. Even though they can be a little laxed with informing parents of cancellations, they are above average with academics but again I can only speak from K-2 because that is all my daughter has been in. Moreover, I believe that its not completely up to the school to provide an excellent education but its up to us as parents, to work with the school and teachers to make the situations better which will benefit our children versus rating them negatively. Therefore, I rate the school as great in terms of education and extracurricular activities, which is what my daughter is ultimately attending Khepera Charter School for.

Khepera Cs 2

Posted August 28, 2013
My daughter is in the first grade at this school. I'm VERY disappointed with the organization and the leadership of the administration. I CAN'T WAIT TO TRANSFER HER TO ANOTHER SCHOOL! From my understanding, this school was really good a few years ago before the new leadership took over. Now it is a MESS! You can count on a total lack of communication, almost every planned meeting or event being cancelled or postponed at the last minute even after you've taken off work, and teachers and administrators pushing the blame onto the next person for the mishaps. Even when parents offer their help, the school has not allowed or identified ways to fully capitalize parental involvement. While it seems the academics are a bit higher than public schools, it's not worth the headache. I guarantee you will be looking to transfer your child by the following year. Don't believe me? Check the website and look at the last time it's been updated: http://www.khepera.schoolfusion.us/ Good LUCK!!

Posted August 12, 2012
My children attended this school and I wouldnt recommend this school to anyone, very unorganized teachers really don't take the time with the lesson neither child was challenged academically, me personally this school needs a real principal , new teachers and a major donation to fix the buildings, no heat n the winter in certain classrooms, no gym area. I'm just glade I removed my children before it was to late.

Khepera Cs 4

Posted April 07, 2010

Khepera Cs 0

Posted September 23, 2008
This is my son's 4th year at Khepera. There has been changes in the principal but the principal that is there now is a really good fit. I coninually see the school growing and making progress academically. As with any school it is not perfect but they do try very hard to offer a word class education to our children. I love the rich cultural education that they provide my son with. I would like to see Khepera do more with the Gifted Program which was started last year. But Khepera is still rising! Great Charter School Keep Up The Good Work!

Khepera Cs 3

Posted September 22, 2008
My daughter attends Khepera and has grown tremendously. My child feels safe to express herself, and has gained a great deal of confindence. I will agree with the other parent who stated that Khepera is not that organized, but they have been making progress, starting with obtaining a principal they can keep.

Khepera Cs
144 West Carpenter Ln, Philadelphia, PA  19119
Last modified Khepera Cs is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Khepera Cs Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top