453 students|Khepera Cs

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

This school is horrible. THEY NEED TO CLOSE!!!! The teachers don't really care about the students. If your child has an IEP they don't follow it and will try to kick your child out of the school..

Staff are connected with the students. They work hard and are supportive. The school has overcome some changes!

Develops character: Strongly disagree

the staff wants the children to do whatever they say without an opinion. They tried to suspend my daughter along with a Saturday detention and lunch detention because she refused to apologize for something she didn't do. when addressed they then cancelled discipline actions. They are the worst!

This is school is horrible and does not have the best interest of the children. My daughter has had 4 teacher in one year. The principal resigned mid year. Please don't send your child to Khepera!!!!! Buba Africa is the worst! He is on a power trip and treats the children like they are in a juvenile delinquent center.

My child attends this school,the adminstration is horrible I would never recommend this school to anyone.my child had a couple of incident with a student, I've tried several attempts to reach out to the principal with no success,,every time I called she was in a meeting.HATE THIS SCHOOL ....THE TEACHERS NEVER STAY OVER A YEAR,MUKASA AFRIKA I REALLY DONT KNOW WHAT HIS POSITION IS HE'S JUST AN PUNK AZZ THAT S ALL WAYS IN THE WAY...

I m a parent of a Khepera Charter school student. My son was accepted into Khepera in 2012. He s Been fortunate to have 3 great teachers and I must say the experience has been great. My son earns all A and 1 s, he s in the Challenge program and continuing to excel in all areas. He enjoys the afterschool programs from Karate, Science Kids. The staff if great with the Scholars and show true passion to make sure these children will be productive citizens. I respect the day to day work they place into the school and I look forward to sharing the growth for Khepera. I refuse to remove my son from this school because thus far I don't know anyone who can say their children school offers great teachers, quality education, culture base education, and summer programs that allow children to express their creative side while engaging in many activities, trips, along with their peers. I applaud the staff for their ongoing efforts.

This School Is Filthy And Very Unorganized! If I Could Rate It A Zero, I Would. My Child, Who No Longer Attends This Disastrous School, Was There From 4th To 7th Grade. 4th Grade Went Well, So She Went Back For Another Year. In 5th Grade, The Teachers Gave Her Homework That A Kindergartener Could Do! I, Unfortunately, Didn't Have Another School To Enroll Her In, So I Told Her To Stick It Out For A Bit Longer. The Children Have Absolutely No Sense Of Knowledge Or Respect. They Picked On Her Groundlessly And The Facilitators Wouldn't Try To Intervene Or Anything! In Seventh Grade, They Lost Three Teachers In The Same Marking Period And The Teacher That The Children Grew Very Fond Of Was Fired For Teaching Them The Right Way! This School Is A Disgrace And My Child a Has Seen Many Pests And Rodents There. It Is Absolutely Compulsive! Do Not, I Repeat, Do NOT Send Your Child There For Middle School (6th - 8th) You'll Regret It!

Khepera like any other school has its flaws but I can honestly say I have been very satisfied with them as a whole. My child has been in this school since second grade and is now in the seventh. I have seen a lot of changes being made throughout the years all for the better of the children. The teachers and administration at this school display genuine concern and the desire to teach every student at this school. Yes there was a change in leadership at the school on recent years but I believe that, that also worked out for the better due to revamping the administration, there are now wonderful leaders in place with what seems to be like an open door policy which you do not find very often with the administration in any school unless your child has behavior issues. The communication issues have decreased since they implemented the automatic dial-er which seems to call you everyday in order to keep parents aware of all the things going on at the school.

My daughter has been going here since Kindergarten. I will admit they can sometimes be unorganized with letting parents know of cancellations etc. However, as a parent I stay current with what's going on in my childs school. So, whether they have contacted me or not I know what's going on because I have already contacted them. Even though they can be a little laxed with informing parents of cancellations, they are above average with academics but again I can only speak from K-2 because that is all my daughter has been in. Moreover, I believe that its not completely up to the school to provide an excellent education but its up to us as parents, to work with the school and teachers to make the situations better which will benefit our children versus rating them negatively. Therefore, I rate the school as great in terms of education and extracurricular activities, which is what my daughter is ultimately attending Khepera Charter School for.

My daughter is in the first grade at this school. I'm VERY disappointed with the organization and the leadership of the administration. I CAN'T WAIT TO TRANSFER HER TO ANOTHER SCHOOL! From my understanding, this school was really good a few years ago before the new leadership took over. Now it is a MESS! You can count on a total lack of communication, almost every planned meeting or event being cancelled or postponed at the last minute even after you've taken off work, and teachers and administrators pushing the blame onto the next person for the mishaps. Even when parents offer their help, the school has not allowed or identified ways to fully capitalize parental involvement. While it seems the academics are a bit higher than public schools, it's not worth the headache. I guarantee you will be looking to transfer your child by the following year. Don't believe me? Check the website and look at the last time it's been updated: http://www.khepera.schoolfusion.us/ Good LUCK!!

Last modified Khepera Cs is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.