Public charter
Philadelphia, PA

Posted November 12, 2014
Unlink other public school, New Media is Culturally Affirming! I've attended the New Media since I was in 6th grade and I am now a Senior. My GPA is 3.3 and I will graduate in 2015! For Students: New Media is a small school and everybody knows everybody. You'll never feel like you won't fit in because the staff at New Media do care! For Parents: New Media has put in place a lot of new policy and is very strict about fights, dress code and attendance. Our new CEO and Principal strive every day to make our school better! Pros: Wednesday students get out at 12:00 noon! This gives us plenty of time to us plenty of time to do HW and other assignments. New Media also has 2 Mac Labs with newest Apple Computers! New Media has great teachers that actually make class challenging. Every day, except Wednesday, the school has morning meetings, we form a huge spiral. Some student feels as though it's a waste of time, but for me, it's a wake up call before class starts! Cons: Yes, New Media can be sometimes disorganized with event planning. It's also a little short on staff, barely find someone to open the bathroom. We don't have no AP courses (only through CCP). Come tour NMTCS & see, Ashe!

New Media Technology Cs 2

Posted March 28, 2014
I have two sons in this school, one in the 9th grade since 7th, and the other n the 6th grade which is his first year. The staff from the CEO to the teachers are very, very unorganized and the communication is at best barely acceptable. School top staff are very Double Standard when it comes to disciplining thier own. YoU REP what you sew......

New Media Technology Cs 5

Posted December 19, 2013
I am not a parent of one students. however i visited the school yesterday for their open house for the upcoming year of 2014. What i can say is they have a new prinicipal and he deems like a great principal. he is focused on the schools mission and the students. They are making some provisions and changes to the school. they school even took the time to serve dinner. I would definetely send my child to this school. Dont believe the Hype.

Posted December 11, 2012
My son has attended this school all of high school. I approve the curriculum. While they are unorganized the college counelor is the worst. The teachers respond almost asap and they provide one on one when needed. My son is absolutely being prepared for college. I am looking forward to his final project. The senior commitee is horrible.The only details sent home so far is the cost of dues.

Posted June 10, 2012
I am currently a Sophomore at New Media Technology Charter School. I personally find this school, including many of the teachers, horrible. The school is usually very unprepared for things. This year they decided to change the way the semesters/ year would be set up. This includes 4 courses a semester, each class, every single day, is an hour and a half long. The school, although it may have had good intentions, did not take into account that many students would not be able to focus for such a time period, especially in the early morning after our lunch breaks. Having longer time periods causes students to become bored and disruptive making the environment unbearable and harder for the other students to learn. The teachers can't even control their classes, and after a while they usually quit. Only two of the 6 teachers I had during my freshman year are still at my school, and I don't expect them to be there much longer. Overall, if the child applying to the school has another option as a school, choose that. This school is a school to go to only if you have no other choice.

New Media Technology Cs 3

Posted October 20, 2011
I just want to say that New Media Tech is a good School, My daughter has excelled on so many levels since she has been there. She enjoys going and talks positive about her school which she has never did at any school she has been in. I like the communication level between the teachers & parents. All of the teachers also have degrees which you dont see all the time in Charter Schools. I'm sure the school recieved some of it's rating on being unorganized and so forth. Any institution just opening will have that until all of the querks are figured out. Don't be discourage by the ratings go see for yourself.

Posted August 15, 2011
OMG! where do I start?! I am so glad I won't be spending my junior&senior year here. I wasted 2 years of my high school experience here. This school is like a middle school we do everything they do & now they are sharing the same building as if it's not small enough. The rooms that they show you during your tour, we dont even use, we're not even allowed on the gym floor. They are frauds! The highest technology we use is broke-run down computers whos internet cuts off constantly. We do nothing at all. Thinking of it now I can't remember anything I learned in that school. This is not even half of it. They "so called" prepare us for college. SIKE! This school is weak. Teachers argue in front of students & students do whatever they please & almost everyday after school students are always getting beat up by other schools and they do nothing and all we do is projects and thats basically our grade for the year. & when you try to transfer from this school they "so called" misplaced your child's paperwork. & Im so sick of that stupid circle they have us do every morning, telling us to say stuff when we don't know what they mean. To this day I am still so mad at my mom for sending me here!

Posted June 27, 2011
The school has challenges, but with the new CEO and teaching staff the changes are improving the overall schools and its programs. A good example for this year would be the Senior Project. The Senior Project was designed to be compare to college level research (a mini-dissertation or thesis). Upon see this years project and comparing it to the last 3 years, I see the potential for what the future of the school will be (a very successful academically project base school similar to other successful project base school through-out the nation). This school has a strong middle school program and an improving high school program. 2010/2011 school year was hard tor this school but overall the students were challenged by the academic programs, and no teacher left during the school year.

Posted April 30, 2010
I Attend Here And I Just Want To Say, Do Not Send Your Child Here Please, And Children, Dont Ask To Come. You Will Become So Lazy For There Is Lack Of Teachers, Space, Matterials And Education. Also Some Of The Teachers Discrimanate. 3 White Teahers Have Been Fired In The 10th Grade Alone For No Apparent Reason, And The Black Teachers Get Looked Down Upon By Some Of The White Teachers. I Just Had To Post This Before Some Parent Made The Mistake Of Sending Their Child To -New Media Charter High School!-

Posted February 18, 2010

New Media Technology Cs
8034 Thouron Ave, Philadelphia, PA  19150
Last modified New Media Technology Cs is a Charter school that serves grades 5-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
New Media Technology Cs Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top