Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I love this school...My children are finishing up their second year at NW. The teachers are great and they will check in with parents when your your child is misbehaving and even behaving just to keep parents abreast of the childs achievements and/or any issues/problems they may be experiencing.

This is my son's second year here and he has had nothing but problems. The bus system is by far the worst, kids get stuck on a corner waiting in the mornings and stuck at school in the afternoon for a bus that doesn't show. Stealing is a major issue at this school kids steal everything and they do nothing about it. The policies they do follow make no sense at all not to mention they choose who they want their rules to pertain to anyway. I can't take anymore I am looking for a new school now .

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

So far I have been very pleased with everything that I have seen fromt he teachers and staff. Can't complain.

I am very pleased with Northwood Academy Charter school. I know that when my children walk through the doors in the morning they will be safe and will have a great day. After attending public school in Philadelphia myself and also having other children attend other various schools in the city of Philadelphia, I had given up. I thought that I would never be happy with the school system in the city until I found this school. This school has been a breath of fresh air for me and my family. I have been very impressed on how the school is managed and the teachers and staff are great!

It is my son's first year at Northwood academy, and so far I can see the differences between this school and his previous one. I am please with the progress that is making and I am grateful to the staff for making him feel confident and welcome in the school. I am hoping that my two others sons will be granted the chance to be a part of the northwood family because I think they will have a better chance to succeed academically.

My two daughter attend Northwood Academy Charter School. I can't complain about this school. I love everything they do with the children. They are always on point with the student needs.

My granddaughter attends Northwood Academy and I can't tell you how much we love this school. This is Laila's first year and she has learned so much. The teachers are great! I'm so glad she accepted and we chose this school. Thank you Debbie Hill

The staff at this school truly care about the students. A stronger parent advisory council might be a good idea.

I have rated previously but wanted to add more. I am overall very pleased with this school because of its good communication, great facilities, good management and ragging activities that go beyond the core subjects. Read the review from June 27 to see more in detail what I think. I wanted to add a few pros and cons. I am happy with looping in first and second grade (the same class sticks together for two years with the same teacher) but unfortunately my daughters teacher left. I also want to applaud the lunch program. There is a crew of people who cook in house and make a big variety of food challenging kids to try new things mixed with kids favorites. I also like to hear that in the middle school students can choose electives. I disappointed that science and social studies are not a major subject at the school. Maybe it is in the upper grades but my daughter who is in second grade just started getting science and it's a special class once a week. Social studies is not even a subject. I guess if it's not state tested it's not important??? When will we move past these tests! Thankfully the school has been overall doing well with these tests

I do think Northwood Academy, is an incredible learning institution. Great faculty and most of all Miss Pamela Frieman's attitude towards the students, make it a home for kids to acquire a great education.My daughter has mentioned to me on many ocassions, that she will be having lunch with Miss Friedman today. She loves her, as this is the time she and MIss Friedman has the best conversations about how she can become a better student, and continue to excell in her education. The positive engagement, with staff and students, is ranked so high, that when kids graduate from the school it's hard for them to forget their NOrthwood teachers. I have to remind my daughter everyday that she is not at Northwood anymore. Can't get this school out of her system. Miss Kelley is another great and postive teacher. My daughter loves the bonding and think she is the best teacher she has ever had.

Last modified Northwood Academy CS is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.