Philadelphia, PA

Parkway West 3

Posted October 20, 2014
I'm currently inrolled at parkway west. And, I'm a 10th grader. For my experience so far is that parkway is not bad. It still better than your neighborhood school.Also we barely get home work. More people need to apply for parkway. We rarely have any bullies and sure, we have fights but not every day like, maybe 1 & 2 in two months. But what school in philadelphia don't have fights. So, I'll say parkway deserve a 7/10.

Parkway West 1

Posted May 21, 2014
I'm a student at Parkway west and I'm a 9th grader and I can't wait to leave Parkway. I would tell people to not even think about applying for that school. Worst school ever. Might even be worse than Overbrook. It's way to many fights there and the students be back the very next day from fighting. Even last week 14 students got arrested for fighting and it was all over the news. Also too few teachers. It's not enough teachers to student ratio even though it's a small school. Also the principal and the teachers here are a joke. No discipline at all. This was my very last choice in school and can't wait to leave next September. To anyone going there I wish you lots of luck.

Posted October 11, 2009
I think the staff is working hard to make Parkway a Great Place to learn. The students are good and most are serious about learning. The environment is clean and safe. The principal has a hands on approach and knows all of the students. They have started something new call snapgrades so that we can check our children's grades daily. It needs some work but now I know if my child is missing assignment. They are offering tutoring three days a week. Happy to be a Parkway Parent.

Parkway West 0

Posted September 04, 2009
I am a recent graduate and feel that I had a terrific experience at Parkway. Unlike other schools in the city, even the special admit schools, Parkway West is small. You really get to know your teachers, and they are very supportive. I'm in college now and doing well thanks to the teachers at Parkway.

Parkway West 0

Posted August 30, 2009
I came to Parkway looking for a great school for my son. I am so glad that I found Parkway. The school is doing some interesting thing. I was impressed with all of the college partnerships. The only thing that could be better is the parental involvement. These parents just do not get it. They must not care about their children. They never come to any of the workshops or meetings. I wish they understood the we parents help to make the school great.

Posted July 27, 2009
Great teachers, not a big fan of the other staff members, though, including the principal

Posted May 27, 2009

Parkway West 3

Posted February 06, 2009
I came to parkway hoping to recieve a different experience than your regular public high school but found it to be a smaller version of such. No wow, but more safety precautions are taken.

Parkway West 1

Posted October 21, 2008
Please do not send your child to this school, this school lacks in teachers who can teach properly and over all will go down in the the worst school of the world .. wait no its worst than that.

Posted September 03, 2008

Parkway West
4725 Fairmont Ave, Philadelphia, PA  19139
Last modified Parkway West is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Parkway West Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top