Philadelphia, PA

Philadelphia Military Academy At Leeds 1

Posted June 22, 2014
Why is Patricia R. Still working? As a principal she is horrible along with her senior staff. The school went down hill since she became principal. The school district really should take better precautions in selecting a lead for every school for PMA this was a horrible choice.

Posted March 08, 2013
PMA is family to me. it really is a shame the school district disregarded the facts. That area is around Elverson is dangerous. I may be a senior but i am scared for the students under me. I hold the school district responsible for their decision and must say they made a mistake. But we will make the best of this. Our staff and administration has done nothing but support us and push us to greatness. As we prepare for our formal inspection on April 19, 2013, we are shooting for a gold star once again. But with as much sorrow and disappointment in my heart we will get through this. I speck on behalf of the school when i say we did our best but it was not good enough. The community will miss us and hopefully the school district and the SCR understand that they messed up. We are the best school in the city of Philadelphia.

Posted February 19, 2013
This school has done a tremendous job of being above average. THe leadership came in and made changes that the statistics support. The program is great, the school is in a safe and comfortable environment. I strongly recommend this school in place of the Masterman's and Central's to whom this school competes with academically. By far one of the best schools in the city of Philadelphia public school system

Philadelphia Military Academy At Leeds 1

Posted November 12, 2011
This school is pretentious. If you are applying to a school because you want a high school experience ,a good classroom environment, and active teachers, don't apply here. Only apply as a safety net school. This school is devastating. The students are melodramatic, the teachers are mostly passive in teaching lessons and the quality of the building is a disgrace to the military. But, it's public school so aim higher if you're applying to high schools. I seriously hope this helps.

Posted February 11, 2009

Posted November 09, 2008
what can I say, great school!!!!

Posted October 27, 2008

Philadelphia Military Academy At Leeds 0

Posted October 17, 2008
As a parent of a female student, there has been a great change in my child for the better. She complains that this school is hard however I constantly see her wanting to do her best. She is sure of herself and finding her way. I love this school. I wish it was around when I went to high school.

Posted May 23, 2008
One of the best schools in Philadelphia. The principal and staff hold high expectations, and the kids are challenged to fulfill them on a daily basis.

Posted January 17, 2008
I taught as a substitute at this school. It truly was an honor and a pleasure. Almost as soon as I got there the principal came into my room to introduce himself to me and offer any assistance I might need. The students were well behaved and very respectful (which is a rare thing these days). As a substitute at this school the amount of pride that radiates throughout the building is amazing. I hope I will have the opportunity to come back to this school again soon.

Philadelphia Military Academy At Leeds
1100 East Mt. Pleasant Ave, Philadelphia, PA  19150
Last modified Philadelphia Military Academy At Leeds is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Philadelphia Military Academy At Leeds Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top