Public charter
Philadelphia, PA

Posted May 01, 2013
I HAVE 3 GIRLS WITCH ATTEND MONTESSORI CHARTER, MY CHILDREN HAD A RUFF START IN PUBLIC SCHOOLS, SINCE MY CHILDREN HAVE ATTEND THIS CHARTER SCHOOL THERE MATH , READING, AND OVERALL SKILLS HAVE IMPROVED DRAMATIC. YES THE STAFF PUTS FORTH THE BEST HELP FOR THE CHILDREN & PARENTS, IF THERE IS A PROBLEM THIER ON IT!! I HAVE NOTHING BUT GREAT VIEWS BOUT THE SCHOOL!!! PHILADELPHIA MONTESSORI CHARTER PUTS THE CHILDREN'S BEST INTEREST FIRST!!!! MRS CRAWFORD

Philadelphia Montessori Cs 4

Posted July 19, 2012
I have an eight year old daughter that attends PHMCS. She has been there for the past three years. When my daughter first started at PHMCS there was some issues with the overall direction the school was going in, alot of the teachers that my daughter came to know and love left PHMC. Since the new CEO came on board last year I have noticed alot of positive changes in academics and also the way the school is operating I am excited about the upcoming school year and look forward to working with everyone

Posted September 17, 2011
I have two daughters at the Philadelphia Montessori Charter School. We have had a great experience there. The school's philosophy emphasizes allowing the child's curiosity guide their education. We have noticed that the teachers pay attention to each child as an individual, his or her learning style and personality, as well as academic skills. Teachers brought in special materials just for our one daughter when she had exhausted the kindergarten work. The school has been through some difficult transitions over the past couple of years, part of which included trying to figure out how to fulfill their philosophy in an atmosphere of pressure to increase test scores. You have to look past the facilities, to some extent. However, I have two daughters who are truly excited about learning. I can see it in their play. They are happy to go to school and seem to have a real connection with their teachers. The teachers are warm and are a great influence on our children.

Philadelphia Montessori Cs 2

Posted June 02, 2011
i was so excited when my son was selected to attend this school but it has been very disappointing. in talking with other parents i learned that the school has been through a lot of transition and none of the original founders are left. the only ones who have a vision of what the school was intended to be are a few teachers- there are a handful of good teachers, but who knows how long they will stay. the administration is disorganized, doesn't really understand montessori and is not respected by the teachers. they talk a lot about montessori but don't uphold its values. if you are looking for something better than your failing neighborhood school this might be ok, but if you want your child to have a real montessori experience, keep looking.

Posted July 14, 2010
My daughter loves going to school everyday The leadership at PMCS is awesome This school has very strong community and family support

Philadelphia Montessori Cs 0

Posted May 22, 2008
My son has made dramatic improvements during his enrollment at this school. His reading improved. How many FIRST graders are getting Geometry? I was impressed by his reading improvements as well.

Posted October 20, 2007
My son is 3 and just started at Philadelphia Montessori Charter School in Pre-K and so far it has been great. I've noticed a marked improvement in his attention span, self control, and he has really come a long way in reading in only 2-3 weeks. The methods and focus on all parts of life, not just academic, is what attracted us to this school. I highly suggest if you are looking for an unconventional, culturally diverse, peace centered and child centered approach to education this school is worth checking out. Why spend over 10k a year on a private school when such a wonderful gem is within the Philadelphia School District.

Philadelphia Montessori Cs
2227 Island Rd, Philadelphia, PA  19142
Last modified Philadelphia Montessori Cs is a Charter school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Philadelphia Montessori Cs Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top