Posted October 17, 2012
I am very please and how mastery charater the thompson campus help my son. His reading and math improve so much and he just started in September of 2012.

Mastery Cs - Thomas Campus 4

Posted April 24, 2012
My son attends Mastery Thomas Campus. I happened upon this school because I was deeply disappointed in the Catholic school that my son was attending. He is extremely bright, but he had lost his spark and desire to learn. He hated going to school. Mastery expects the student to "buy" into the program. That is a requirement if you are going to succeed there. In addition it is college prep- which I support totally. The only change I would request is that foreign language be offered from the beginning. Our children need other languages if they are expected to compete in the world. The teachers are awesome and problems are addressed immediately. Students are held accountable-as well as parents. The bottom line is that we have to invest in our children and in our schools. Mastery does that. I highly recommend this school. Tutoring, office hours, extra credit, mentoring are all a part of the success of this school. Also zero tolerance for bullying, negativaty and violent or disrepectful behavior.

Posted April 26, 2011
my oldest child attends this school and she is doing great. For a child who was always behind in reading she is always in a book. Her grades are always in the 90's and all she talks about is going to college. She is now in the eleventh grade and has had perfect attendance and never late since kindergarten. I like the demerit system because it keeps them in check and makes them more responsible. You can call and talk to the teachers and the Deans, they will take care and handle any problems. I also went and sat in my childs class and participated in class and when I walked in the principal was in there also. So he is involved with the students and not just sitting in his office giving orders. There is really nothing bad that I can say about this school and am looking forward to sending my 6th grader their next year. You have to be a parent first before you just try to degrade a school. It starts at home for every child and school.

Mastery Cs - Thomas Campus 3

Posted January 29, 2011
this school was too easy for me and needs more diversity. although strictness is good sometimes can be bad. Surely this school does not beat out Girls High or Central.. but staff are very nice and supportive. I am an IB student now and i believe mastery should consider the IB program to make it more challenging so students can succeed in the future.

Posted January 24, 2011
i go to thomas campus in south philly and i love it cuz the teachers r sooooo awsome and funny especially the literature and reading teachers of 7th grade !!!!!!!!!! every body there cares for each other and i never felt so at home anywhere else

Posted August 23, 2010
My daughter attends Mastery Charter -Thomas Campus. She is a distinguished honors student, but she was not when she first started. I believe the saturday classes and the extra hours after the normal school hours has helped her tremendously. Thanks to Mastery and there wonderful teachers (who are of different races) colleges are requesting to meet with my child and she was only in the 9th grade. It takes more than the school working with the child, we as parents have to do our part as well. If your child has discipline issues then its your job as the parent to address those issues, not the school. I send my child to school to be taught not wait for the teacher to correct another childs behavior. Mastery has an excellent academic and conduct policy. Great school the teachers really care...And that makes the difference!!!!

Mastery Cs - Thomas Campus 0

Posted April 29, 2010
My daughter goes to Mastery Charter Shoemaker Campus and the school has does wonder for her I am considering moving to South Philadelphia but regret that I will be leaving behind Mastery charter. I think the school has done a great job in all circumstances. I think todays youth need that extra push because sometimes they dont get that at home. Keep up the Good Work Mastery.

Mastery Cs - Thomas Campus 0

Posted April 23, 2010
This is a great school. The school climate has proven to be a perfect match for my child. Keep up the good work Mastery!!!!

Mastery Cs - Thomas Campus 1

Posted March 17, 2010
The teachers at the Thomas Campus are great. The curriculum is far too fast paced. The amount of daily homework is unreasonable and leads me to believe that it is far more than a review of the days learning. The fact that homework is 25% of a student s grade also supports this belief. The leadership of the entire Mastery seems more concerned that the rules of their school are strictly observed then addressing the concerns of students. Leadership also has an extremely conformist attitudes, individually is strongly discouraged. They say they are preparing the children for college. While I will agree that they are preparing them for the academic part of college, they are certainly failing when it come to the freedoms of expression that also exists on campuses .

Posted March 05, 2010
Mastery is a 5 star academic school. The academic rates are awesome. Yes, we don't have a large variety of extra-curriculums ,but we've an awesome education on our hands. We've have say in this school, but it depends on the way we address things. The fact that we have a lot of white teachers shouldnt matter. Mastery doesn't choose teachers based on their race, but instead they choose based on the teachers quality and the students feedback on the teacher. Therefore, race is not a big issue. If their were quality black teachers searching for a job at Mastery, I'm sure they'd get hired. I've ssen it happen before ! Doesn't it make sense to group the kids in classes based on their academic levels? Why would you have an AP bound student in the same class as a student who can't grasp on to hard concepts?

Mastery Cs - Thomas Campus
927 Johnston St, Philadelphia, PA  19148
Last modified Mastery Cs - Thomas Campus is a Charter school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mastery Cs - Thomas Campus Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews.