Public charter
Philadelphia, PA

Posted April 18, 2014
Mastery Charter school- Shoemaker works extremely hard to provide a college prep education for NEIGHBORHOOD students. The teachers place rigorous behavior and academic expectations on all students so that NO child is left behind.

Mastery Cs -Shoemaker Campus 3

Posted April 02, 2012
Ok, so yeah mastery has it good things I have to admit. They pay for really expensive tests that are required for application to college. They call themselves college prep school and they do help students with the college application process, but they prepared students to be mediocre. We can't choose classes and if we want to double up on something we can't. we are pretty much at everyone's level. They assume that their system work for all the students. People like me are a bit more open to challenges and mastery is not a challenge. Everything is too easy and in my believe and other people i know from mastery, these school are pretty much fake. Sadly, is a bit late for me to change the school I go to, since I'm a sophomore and most school hold application at the beginning of the year and I certainly don't want to go to school in my senior year. In the other hand, the students are very rude, which is something I don't appreciate. I appreciate the teachers they tried and they have to get use to the changes but students don't see it that way. I know the staff is trying hard and I appreciated b/c it's what they understand is best for us, but in belief definitively not for me.

Mastery Cs -Shoemaker Campus 3

Posted December 27, 2011
Mastery charter schools have no concern for the students' well being or morale. They are overly focused on academic scores and CONFORMITY. The students have no voice and the 'discipline' system is run like a Prison camp. There is no compassion or caring on the part of the administration. These same issues have been pointed out by parents; read reviews for Pickett campus etc.. Yes, the bathrooms are clean. Yes, there are no metal detectors. Yes, there is no violence or safety issues. Yes, excellence in academics is mandatory. Guess what? 99% of the students that are accepted in Mastery are GREAT KIDS to begin with! Their parents are involved & the students want to do well in school. Mastery schools are just doing the BASICS that every public school should be doing- non violence, new books, clean facilities, expecting kids to advance- no more, no less. The students are well behaved & have good grades but are punished to the extreme for silly & minor perceived 'infractions'. For example, a child in uniform short sleeve mastery shirt who was cold was forced to take off a plain black long sleeve sweater BECAUSE IT DIDN'T HAVE THE MASTERY LOGO ON IT!. Despite the very cold building.

Posted April 25, 2011
My daughter is n her senior year. And she have come a long way with her academic clases. her test scores were high and she scored great on her SAT's and because of her grades she had been accepted to "Wilson College" and she also have gotten an offer from "Clarion University". I am very proud of her. Mastery have prepared her and she is on her way.

Mastery Cs -Shoemaker Campus 4

Posted August 15, 2010
This is my child's first year attending this school. She attended the summer program and I was very impressed with it. The staff here at the school appear to be very dedicated to our children's success. this school has a vey structured program that WORKS, and I'm looking forward to hearing and seeing good things from my child. consistentcy and discipline is the key to success and this school stands by these two things everyday, and I see great things happening for this school, and our children!!

Posted May 20, 2010
Mastery Charter Shoemaker campus is an excellent school. They give students the opportunity to soar and realize that their dreams are attainable. With all the academic trainwrecks charter schools can present, Master stands out in the crowd. It is amazing to watch the growth of the students, who were enrolled in the worst Middle school in West Philadelphia. Big Ups and continued success

Mastery Cs -Shoemaker Campus 0

Posted May 11, 2010
i hate mastery charter shoemaker campus my child do not feel safe in that school. she comes home everyday and tell me how the teachers are un fair. the school do not let her have her words

Mastery Cs -Shoemaker Campus 4

Posted March 24, 2010
Good school but needs some work on the teachers there.

Mastery Cs -Shoemaker Campus 0

Posted November 06, 2009
Ahnyia loves and appreciates all her teachers and her dean at mastery charter shoemaker campus

Posted November 02, 2009

Mastery Cs -Shoemaker Campus
5301 Media St, Philadelphia, PA  16106
(215) 922-1902
Last modified Mastery Cs -Shoemaker Campus is a Charter school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mastery Cs -Shoemaker Campus Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top