School Of The Future

Public | 9-12

Posted May 28, 2014

I am a learner of 3 years at SOTF. Our school is very independent and has a lot of staff members who care about the learners. We did change due to the combining of U-City but we still try our best to keep our education and discipline on track.

Posted April 27, 2014

Here at SOF we have very good teachers who care about our education, and most of the teachers and students have good relationships. The only problems are some of the students don't attend class and aren't being disciplined correctly in order to get them to behave the way they should be behaving.

Posted April 27, 2014

School of the Future is a good school but the fact that everything changed ,such as old learners can come visit their old teachers and now they have to be walking around with an adult is outrageous ! I'm a Junior and SOTF was never like this. The Principal or Vice Principal doesn't do anything. Mrs. Chivis was a great principal And if she was still there none of the things that happened would of happened!

Posted April 23, 2014

I am a 3 year learner of High School of The Future and I know what is it like to attend this school. I can honestly say its not the school that is not teaching the students, its the students that are not attending class or paying attention. Its not the school that's not disciplining the students its the students and their parents that want to go against the rules and consequences. then they want to yell the school this, that and third when that's not the case. if you go to this school then you will see what really goes on, and to be honest this school has changed from last year to this year. University City students came here and they are not at our level of maturity or intelligents which makes High School of The Future students feel as though they are not learning. If the students learned how to control themselves and respect the adults in this school, the school would be totally different and the learning process would be better.

Posted April 22, 2014

Here at SOF, its not the school that's bad it is the students that are enrolled. When this school first opened it was fresh, new and on the right path. As time progressed and staff changed people started to believe the harsh reviews that SOF was a horrible school. This school will have a new environment for any child that attends and a different way to learn if the student is willing.

Posted April 22, 2014

My school is a very independent school, you a lot of lead way & freedom and if your to immature for that I think School Of The Future isn't the right school for you.

Posted April 22, 2014

I am a current Junior at School of the Future and I can say that things have changed over the years that I've been here. Future has its pros and cons like we really do have teachers who do all that they can to make sure learners learn what they're supposed to but we also have teachers who's teaching skills are off or just don't really teach anything. When I first got to Future everything was organized and there was a lot of opportunities for students. No one really even fault in school. We had an outstanding principle but this year it's like things took a dramatic change. I think the main reason why is because of the new authority that we have in the school now.

Posted April 22, 2014

Hey, I am a School of The Future 3rd year learner and I must say our school has went through a bit of changes since I have been here. We have gotten close to a whole new staff this year and this are running a little differently. Our discipline system has vanish and kids sometimes are untamable, but I must say School of The Future has gave me a great high school experience.

Posted August 25, 2013

My son just graduated from High School of the Future, Great school he was an honor roll student

Posted July 9, 2010

My son will be entering the 12th grade in September. It is an absolute disgrace!!! The school as a whole is disorganised and the kids are not learning a thing. Maybe the school district should get involved to make some adjustments because for now, our kids in this school are heading toward a future of illiteracy. I wish we had not sent my son ther in the first place. All my hopes for him are lost.

Posted March 29, 2010

You people are weak to talk about your own school like this. I'm very disappointed to see all of this negativity towards our school. Of course you guys couldn't see any hope because hope for new foundations requires it from those involved. Our school is wonderful, beautiful, and one of the best, but mostly what you make it, period. People will not see the greatness of this school until we make it there, but thanks for the lack of support and trying to bear with us because we are new. No wonder your one star rating does not reflect our overall rating. No school is perfect but we are as close to it as you can get considering the district we are in with the unavailability of funds. This is not a serious review because it is easier to hate than to love so just get the book 'What's Next?'.

Posted November 15, 2009

Ima 1st year learner at sof , and wht i can say about this skool is the its just like overbrook but just with computers. We do have teahears who care about our education. We also have a tight security crew...Ms.davis plays no games =)..but if your child doesnt know anything about computers dont send him/or her here.!

Posted October 8, 2009

Hello I am a student that attends this school and my experience here is very horrible. The only good thing about the school is that they give us free laptops but, on the other hand they have millions of tech problems and which effects are grade. We do have a help desk but there service is very horrible. They always take forever to fix are problems, they're hardly ever there and they can be quite rude and unprofessional at times. But out of all the problems I think the worst is the teachers. Don't get me wrong, We do have good teachers like Ms.Lee and Ms.Reber but they're are other teachers who loses your work and some teach faster then the students can understand. If your thinking about sending your child to this school please don't do it. it's no better then sending your child to university city or overbook PS-the nurse only comes on Thursday

Posted August 31, 2008

My son will be entering the 10th grade this year. I am very disappointed with this school thus far. I put all my hopes in this school and I don't see any results. Last year my son was learning third grade math in the 9th grade and he came from a catholic school where he had a very good academic foundation. I believe this school is setting my son up to fail, but I feel stuck because I have no where else to send him.

Posted May 20, 2008

This school is NOT the best school in the world! To me it is the worst! I have been going to SOTF for 2 years now and i can honestly say that if i stay in this school i will not be ready for college and i will not be sucessful with finding a GOOD career. SOTF had a lot of potential to be a good school but it is not due to the students /staff it is because of all the tools we have for learning that is right now going to a complete waste. The students get away with what ever they want and we dont learn ANYTHING! people from the outside looking in might think that we have a nice school because of the way the building looks and the laptops we have...PLEASE dont be fooled and PLEASE dont send you child to high school of the future.

Posted February 3, 2008

This is the best school in the world!!!

Grade level

Math

The state average for Math was 60% in 2012.

81 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 68% in 2012.

81 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Science

The state average for Science was 42% in 2012.

78 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 83% in 2012.

80 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Scale: % at or above proficient

In 2011-2012 Pennsylvania used the Pennsylvania System of State Assessments (PSSA) to test students in grades 3 through 8 and 11 in math and reading, in grades 5, 8 and 11 in writing, and in grades 4, 8 and 11 in science. The results for reading, writing, science and math are displayed on GreatSchools profiles. The PSSA is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Pennsylvania. The goal is for all students to score at or above proficient on the test.

Source: Pennsylvania Department of Education

Male61%
Black77%
Economically disadvantaged69%
Scale: % at or above proficient

The different student groups are identified by the Pennsylvania Department of Education. If there are fewer than 10 students in a particular group in a school, the state doesn't report data for that group.

Source: Pennsylvania Department of Education

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Arts & music

Staff resources available to students
  • Art teacher(s)
Performing and written arts
  • Drama

Staff resources available to students
  • Art teacher(s)
Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)
Transportation options

Arts & music

Performing arts
  • Drama
School leaders, update and verify information here.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

4021 Parkside Ave