Posted March 22, 2014
You always hear about how Philadelphia schools care more about the money than the kids; how the teachers consider their positions as just a job rather than an opportunity to help a student grow. This school is in every way, shape and form not your typical Philadelphia public school. I am a 2011 graduate from Science Leadership Academy (SLA) and this is the school to be if you want your child, or you to feel accepted as an individual. Even after you graduate, you can still feel the connection you have with the school. I personally feel a connection with this school, probably even more since I graduated. My father passed right after I graduated high school and at the funeral, while walking down the isle, it was Mr. Lehmann who pulled me in for a well needed hug, saying that everything would be okay. Now, I'm not sure how it is at other high schools, but for him to have made time to come to such an important event really made a difference and impacted my thoughts in a whole new way on what it means to be part of the SLA community. Being part of SLA is being part of a family.

Posted January 22, 2014
My daughter is a tenth grader and loves her school. This school is doing amazing things academically. If your child is selected, you will be part of a unique learning community that forces children to think for themselves and encourages independence. Note: Please do not give a negative rating to a school that your child does not currently attend based on what you believe and not the actual facts. Reserve your reviews for the schools your child actually attends. I don't review products I haven't purchased, neither should you. Thanks.

Posted October 21, 2013
I transferred my son to SLA in the eleventh grade. He had been a straight A student at his previous school; however, he was not being taught 'everything' for the classes he was excelling in. His new math teacher at SLA found this disparity within 7 business days of my son's enrollment and notified me, the math chair, principal, counselor, roster chair, new math teacher and advisor of his findings with a very feasible, attainable resolution. I loved that everything was already working in my child's favor to get him up to speed--without him failing--they just needed my approval. I feel that SLA 'rescued' my son and now he can realistically look forward to university in the very near future.

Posted August 01, 2013
SLA is a unique environment for high school students. Their curriculum is innovative and challenging for all of the students. The intern program at the Franklin Institute allows them to have hands on experiences in the world of science on a weekly basis, and having school issued laptops allows students to be independant and up to date with technology no matter their economic status.

Posted July 30, 2013
This school is a model for educating students for the 21st century. Learning is treated here as solutions to problem solving in the real world. SLA is an environment where students are expected to to contribute with innovative thinking and collaborative projects. We could not have chosen a better high school to support our daughter's creativity and love of learning.

Posted August 30, 2012
Science Leadership Academy is an incredible learning community. From its fiercely dedicated Principal and Faculty to the newest Freshmen there is a a sense that this is a place for sharing knowledge and learning. Having spent much time in the building and having watched students and faculty interacting I have been constantly impressed at the level of respect shown to every individual. Principal Lehmann's dedication and hard work have to be seen to be believed!

Posted June 03, 2012
This is the best school I've attended. SLA is a school that does not just end in the classroom. At SLA you learn the true meaning of school, community, oneself and surrounding. I graduated from SLA and I'm proud to tell people how great my high school was.

Posted November 22, 2011
i really like this school i wouldnt change my decision for the world i really love this school

Posted June 05, 2011
OMG this school is great. I go there and their lunch is good, so are the staff. Its great for kids who love science. I'd give it 5 stars!!!!

Posted January 09, 2011
As a student at SLA, I can say, SLA is the most amazing school. It is a great learning environment, colorful, clean. Makes me happy to be there. The teachers are great, interested and interesting, and they want to be in school, and they care about us. The principle is on a first name basis with all of his students. Its a great school.

Science Leadership Academy
2130 Arch St, Philadelphia, PA  19103
Last modified Science Leadership Academy is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Science Leadership Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top