Phoenixville, PA
Students enrolled: 1,004
After care: No

Posted January 19, 2013
My son is halfway through his ninth grade year. He has challenging course work, teacher support, feels safe and not bullied. The school has impressive course offerings and the principal is approachable, involved and friendly. So far, great! We are so happy that we are in this smaller school district and not one of the larger ones near here!!!

Posted August 22, 2011
This school was the best school I could hope for, for my kids. The teachers and staff helped with anything possible. The teachers were excellent and there was strong leadership throughout the building.

Posted September 29, 2010
The teachers at Phoenixville High School are, for the most part, highly committed to the students' success. The Math program is more advanced that at other highly regarded area high schools, and the English department is outstanding. The science program offers very challenging options for students. There is a great sense of community and many clubs and activities. We have gone through some admin changes over that past few years, but now have what seems to be a strong group of leaders for the school and the district.

Phoenixville Area High School 0

Posted March 01, 2010
This school was not at all what I expected. Based on my research, I thought we were going PAHS would have provided a much better learning environment. Sadly, I was mistaken.

Phoenixville Area High School 2

Posted October 23, 2008

Phoenixville Area High School 1

Posted June 05, 2008

Phoenixville Area High School 4

Posted January 04, 2008
This is my first year with a child in PAHS and I have been impressed. My son has struggled a bit with the transition from middle school and all it took was a meeting with his guidance counselor and we are receiving adequite assistance and direction on how best to help him succeed. There are TONS of extracurricular activities for the kids to get invovled in with fantastic teachers coaching. I have never seen such wonderful parental and community support for a school district in general! No school is perfect, but I have been extremly impressed with PAHS and feel my son is getting a great education.

Posted October 02, 2007

Phoenixville Area High School 3

Posted May 24, 2007
We have put 4 children through this school. Those who were independent high achievers did fine. Those who had special needs, emotional or academic were given lots of lip service and no true support.

Posted June 16, 2005
All in all the Education my son recieved there was an enjoyable experience for not only him but for us as parents. the graduating class for 2005 had recieved many honors and awards which is a great reflection on the staff and the students. As far as extracurricular activities they offer everything fron Choir to football. As a parent we were involved in all aspects of the education process, from meetings with teachers to school board. I have never felt more at ease when talking with the staff and students at PAHS. I could go on and on but im only allowed 150 words, so in closing Best wishes to all in the Class of 2005! Best of luck to the students who are new to the area and have a safe summer.

Phoenixville Area High School
1200 Gay St, Phoenixville, PA  19460
Last modified Phoenixville Area High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Phoenixville Area High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top