Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

My two kids attended PAHS - the second one is a college freshman right now. Both kids were well more prepared for their engineering curicculum @PSU than most of their college classmates. PAHS (and middle and elementary school), did and excellent job of preparing them from the beginning. Smaller school, healthy competition among students, great community involvement.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Students are recognized by faculty for displaying integrity

My children received a great education at this school. My son is more than adequately prepared for his rigorous college curriculum. Most important, the staff and faculty get to know each child. While they encourage high achievement, there is not the crazy pressure that is found in some Main Line public schools. And PASD is small enough that every kid has a chance to shine.

My son is halfway through his ninth grade year. He has challenging course work, teacher support, feels safe and not bullied. The school has impressive course offerings and the principal is approachable, involved and friendly. So far, great! We are so happy that we are in this smaller school district and not one of the larger ones near here!!!

This school was the best school I could hope for, for my kids. The teachers and staff helped with anything possible. The teachers were excellent and there was strong leadership throughout the building.

The teachers at Phoenixville High School are, for the most part, highly committed to the students' success. The Math program is more advanced that at other highly regarded area high schools, and the English department is outstanding. The science program offers very challenging options for students. There is a great sense of community and many clubs and activities. We have gone through some admin changes over that past few years, but now have what seems to be a strong group of leaders for the school and the district.

This school was not at all what I expected. Based on my research, I thought we were going PAHS would have provided a much better learning environment. Sadly, I was mistaken.

This is my first year with a child in PAHS and I have been impressed. My son has struggled a bit with the transition from middle school and all it took was a meeting with his guidance counselor and we are receiving adequite assistance and direction on how best to help him succeed. There are TONS of extracurricular activities for the kids to get invovled in with fantastic teachers coaching. I have never seen such wonderful parental and community support for a school district in general! No school is perfect, but I have been extremly impressed with PAHS and feel my son is getting a great education.

We have put 4 children through this school. Those who were independent high achievers did fine. Those who had special needs, emotional or academic were given lots of lip service and no true support.

Last modified Phoenixville Area High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.