Barkley El School 5

Posted January 30, 2014
We have been very impressed with this school. Our children's teachers have all been wonderful and they have really seemed to "get" our kids. Class sizes are on the relatively smaller size, so the teachers have time to get to know each child and work hard to tailor the curriculum to each child's needs. Our kids have benefited from the gifted program, after school Lego club, strings program, art shows and so much more. The principal and all staff are intelligent, hard-working and caring and provide a safe place for our kids to thrive in a diverse and friendly environment.

Barkley El School 0

Posted October 21, 2010
My kids are getting the best education possible and the teachers go so far above and beyond and loving our children.

Barkley El School 0

Posted October 13, 2010
We have a very diversified group of children from all different cultures, low, middle and upper income families, single parent families and families raised by grandparents. Our teacher are phenomenal and get very involved n ot only trying to help with the education of each child but cares about their well being. My 4 children attended Barkley and now my 2 grandchildren attend. My husband and I volunteer and help to teach 1st and 2nd graders to learn to read. $20,000.00 could really help our school and possibly put back some of the programs that were cut due to district finances. Please help our school. We love Barkley Elementary!

Barkley El School 1

Posted July 28, 2009

Barkley El School 4

Posted May 17, 2007
Barkley Elementary School is a unique institution. Its in an urban setting relative to the 'SuperBurbs' schools in the districts immediately surrounding. Barkley is extremely diverse and has a very large minority student body. There are many disadvantaged kids attending this school and this may have resulted in lower scores on the national tests. However, Barkley students become well-rounded and experience many cultures and backgrounds. While my child excels in his class and could surely be more challenged, he loves his school, teachers, and friends. No doubt the schools in the surrounding communities have very high scores, but they lack the constraints and struggles that an urban like school must deal with daily. So, If I could choose the public school my child attends, I would choose another school in order to challenge him more academically, but I understand that would be at the expense of his character.

Barkley El School 5

Posted December 09, 2005

Barkley El School 4

Posted January 27, 2005

Barkley El School
320 2nd Ave, Phoenixville, PA  19460
Last modified Barkley El School is a Public school that serves grades 1-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Barkley El School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews.