No rating

Holy Family School

Private | PK-8 | 391 students

Living in Phoenixville

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $245,600. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,050.

Posted March 24, 2011

Holy Family School is an excellent school. My son is in his first year at the school and absolutely loves going to school! He is thriving academically as well as spritually and socially. The teachers are so dedicated to the overall well-being of each child. The school as a whole feels like one big family. Our choice to send our son to Holy Family was one of the best decisions we have made.

Posted March 23, 2011

This is my second year at HFS and I am more than pleased. My three children are thriving. Each of them has a varied and thorough educational experience not to mention an integrated and meaningful experience of the Catholic faith. As a teacher myself I see how hard all three teachers of my children work to make their day a valuable one. The principal is really interested in what the parents think and shows how she takes feedback and turns it into results (at the Back to School night). I volunteer and many of the teachers and children know me by name. I am always welcomed no matter how busy things are or what time of day it is. I can't say enough....

Posted March 16, 2011

Holy Family is an excellent school. The teachers are caring and committed to student learning. The Principal has a clear focus and is truly committed to the students. The school is warm and welcoming. I can not imagine a better place to be!

Posted March 16, 2011

Holy Family School has provided not only a wonderful educational foundation for my children, but also a sense of community, faith and service. The teachers and staff are committed to excellence, and strive to bring out the best in every child.

Posted February 23, 2010

My son attends this school currently and I agree with the assessments of other parents. This school is an embarrassment to the Catholic Church and Phoenixville. When I initially toured the school I was informed that the previous principal had done a poor job of managing the school. So I was very excited for the new principal and all of the hype surrounding her plans. Wow what a mistake that was! My sons teacher barely taught anything at all. Bullying is an issue and the conditions of the school are disgusting to say the least. This of course unless you are speaking of the principals office which was new refurbished with money that should have been spent elsewhere. Save your money and send your children to a school that is not affiliated with the Catholic Church. Trust me in the old days you worried about many things, education was not it.

Posted August 5, 2009

I have two children at HFS and they have been there since pre-school. We love this school! It isn't perfect but I'm sure any problems that it does have are the same everywhere. The teachers and staff are above average. The teachers and staff have handled any problems in the best possible way and I feel are very fair. The education that my children are receiving is above average.

Posted April 6, 2009

This school is an embarassment to the Church, town and Religion all together. It was the worst experience we've ever encountered. I urge parents to look around there is so much lacking there.

Posted November 25, 2008

We have two children in the school and another entering next year. We love HFS! Our children have flourished both academically and spiritually at Holy Family. Technology/Music/Arts/Theatre/Spanish - they have it all. The teachers are committed to each child, developing individual learning plans that meet each of our child's needs. Having read some of the other posts, I can say that bullying (very, very limited) has always been addressed properly in my opinion. Teachers respond promptly to problems, and children are encouraged and guided to work out thier problems with each other as they'll need to do on thier own later in life. That being said, my children are also properly introduced to Christian values of sharing, responsibility, service and respect. Visit the website to see all that HFS has to offer www.myholyfamilyschool.org

Posted August 20, 2008

As former students of Holy Family School we would like to say that our 9 years of education there were excellent. We had so much fun doing class activities and the teachers made learning something that would normally be boring, fun! We grew up and matured during our years there with the help of the great staff. Graduation was a cemermony filled with tears. We had counted down the days til graduation, but once it came, we were sad that our experience at HFS had ended.
—Submitted by a student

Posted April 30, 2008

We pulled all three of our kids out of Holy Family. One felt she was teaching herself - the teachers basically had them read textbooks. We felt one was struggling with reading and when brought to the teacher's attention she said she didn't see it and brushed our concerns aside (she flourished at her new school when she got the extra help she needed). Also bullying seems to be tolarated which is quite sad for a Catholic school.

Posted March 22, 2008

I had 2 children in this school and the buulying problem was TOTALLY ignored. The staff is too concerned with tuition coming in than fixing their problems.

Posted July 18, 2007

I had three children attend over 8 years at this school. The commitment of the teachers and parents are often quite good, but the school fails in a number of areas. Bullying has not adequately been addressed. Children who have special needs such as ADHD, Asperger's, etc are not properly identified.

Posted July 2, 2007

My two children have blossomed at Holy Family School. The school's technology program is state of the art...and their arts, music & theatre program is outstanding. Supportive family & learning enviroment to meet all the aspects of our children's growth.

Posted March 26, 2007

Wonderful welcoming Christian environment --The teachers, administration and staff provide a high quality educational experience. Outstanding academic education coupled with a comprehensive religious program. Look no further -Holy Family has it all!

Posted April 17, 2006

I am reviewing HFS's pre-school program. My daughter attended both the 3's and 4's Pre-K program and it was wonderful. She has learned Spanish words and how to write her letters. She has also learned many religious values.

Posted January 30, 2006

My child had a great experience here in the PreK.

Posted January 26, 2006

My son is going here this year for PreK and has matured alot. He has also learned alot academically. I thought PreK would still be mostly 'play time' at first, but they really have taught him alot of academics. He comes home all the time saying all of these new words in Spanish or knowing the whole Pledge of Allegiance and such. He's had a great experience there this year.

Posted August 5, 2005

Small class size, really nice, involved teachers, lots of extracurricular activities. Good catholic educaton.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted August 26, 2003

Hard work by the teachers and the parents make this school an excellent place to learn in the catholic curriculum. Holy Family has good to great, committed teachers who have made my three children excited about learning. The main school benefit comes from parent involvement as well as strong support from the local community.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Philadelphia

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

221 3rd Avenue