Penn Hebron El Academy 5

Posted May 14, 2014
Great staff and teachers. My daughter is thriving and doing so well here. I don't agree with the current rating at all. Wonderful programs and enrichment. I am sad to see it close however I am very excited for the potential and new beginning of the elementary education in Penn Hills School district.

Penn Hebron El Academy 5

Posted April 11, 2014
This is a great school....I wonder why it matters that 62% are black? It only goes to 4th grade, so Great Schools has some updating to do. I am sad to see it close but excited to see the future of the elementary building, state of the art facilities, technology, great and dedicated teachers and staff...The future is bright for my 3rd grader here!

Penn Hebron El Academy 3

Posted February 24, 2012
I had 2 children in this school. My kindergartener had an amazing experience. He has a disibility and his teacher was fantastic. The nursing staff was great too. Any time he went to the nurse I had a letter home, or a call to keep me informed. His friend in the same grade had the opposite experience. His teacher wrote a letter requesting to hold him back, but wrote it AS his mother not his teacher. My second son was in a higher grade. His grades were good, but he was isolated by the teacher because he was different, so the kids followed. For students with disibilites I wouldn't recommend this school district. The teachers want the cookie cutter student, which no student falls into. If possible, go into a different district.

Penn Hebron El Academy
102 Duff Rd, Pittsburgh, PA  15235
Last modified Penn Hebron El Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Penn Hebron El Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 3 reviews. Top