Pittsburgh, PA

Posted May 31, 2013
This school is wonderful. The teaches are very caring and care about making sure the students get a good education. You can definitely count on the teachers to do their job and care for the students.

Keystone Oaks High School 2

Posted May 11, 2012
Keystone Oaks has seen better days. It isn't the worst school in the area, but it is surely not the greatest. Good teachers exist throughout the system, but many are very unhelpful and care far too much about discipline. The stereotypes the people of authority place on kids is disgusting. If you wear baggy clothing and have gauged earrings, they will try their hardest to get you in trouble. My son loves the punk rock scene, which is okay as long as he stays out of trouble. But recently they called me in to tell me that they found an empty pack of cigarettes on him and that they were going to fine him for tobacco possession. At this point I was appalled that they were dead serious. I didn't even care about him smoking anymore, more so that they wanted ME to pay almost 200 dollars because he was in possession of an empty container. Absolutely ridiculous. And now that this happened, resources have told me that I am not alone. And that many, MANY, kids, and their parents are going through fines and other disciplinary action because of minor incidents. All this school wants is money, money, money. I was satisfied with the middle school. But the high school is well below average.

Keystone Oaks High School 1

Posted May 11, 2012
I used to attend Baldwin/Whitehall HS and I had to move to Keystone Oaks halfway through 10th. The switch was by far the biggest sense of culture shock I have ever been through. I don't know what these people are talking about. But the teachers lack control of the students. If the period ends at 10:15, kids are waiting outside the door by 10:05. Many teachers don't even bother trying with the kids who sleep in class. And in between periods, kids run around, swear all they want, and simply don't go to class while the teachers watch and not give a care in the world. And there are always shady groups of kids hanging around the bathroom in the middle of a period. The entire school smells of cigarette smoke and is falling apart. Maybe it's different for parents who have always been here. But for me, I would suggest going to Setan La Salle across the street. Or moving to Baldwin which I absolutely loved attending. I now go to this school so I have first hand experience. The education isn't terrible, but it is definitely lacking.

Keystone Oaks High School 3

Posted January 05, 2010
It can be a decent school if you're willing to work hard to get a good education and not let others hold you back. If you're self-motivated and strive to do well, you can and will.

Posted January 09, 2009
A great school to attend, yet somewhat different from other schools. None the less, I wouldn't want to go to school anywhere else.

Posted May 03, 2006
As a graduate and now a parent of children within the school district I can honestly say that Keystone Oaks provided a quality education. The children themselves do have to be responsible for their own actions, especially at this level, as they are preparing for the adult world. There are more than enough extracurricular activities and academics without being overwhelming. Personally, I had the best guidance counselor, she kept me on track all four years. I appreciate her more as the years pass.

Keystone Oaks High School 1

Posted October 25, 2005
Keystone Oaks is really good at educating my kids.

Keystone Oaks High School 4

Posted October 08, 2005
The academic programs provide for sturdy learning experiences; the teachers pass on their love of the material, to any student willing to accept it, through well-funded and supplied classes.

Keystone Oaks High School 4

Posted June 07, 2004
Well IAm the same mother that complained about the Graduation issues about the students being recognized for there accomplishments.My daughter will be still attending K.O.for it is a great school and there is never any trouble and I do feel my child is safe there and the teachers are great they do learn alot.And I still would recommend K.O.for any parents for a good school. They just need to change some things about Graduation.

Keystone Oaks High School
1000 Kelton Ave, Pittsburgh, PA  15216
Last modified Keystone Oaks High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Keystone Oaks High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top