Pittsburgh, PA
Students enrolled: 1,786

Posted November 12, 2014
The children of wealthy parents are favored. This entire area is extremely snobby. Unless you have connections or wealth, run! Drugs and alcohol issues abound. Children who are struggling fall short. Glad we moved.

Posted August 04, 2014
I am going into my junior year at the high school, and I love this school. The kids are nice, there are many clubs and activities (I personally partake in the superb theatre and choir programs). I have yet to meet a teacher that was mean to me. Since transferring to Mt. Lebanon, my grades and GPA have improved and I feel more and more prepared to take my SATS by day. Mt. Lebanon High School will help me get into the college of my choice, and I couldn't be more grateful.

Posted April 11, 2014
I'm a parent who in the near future will have had 3 children graduate from the high school. The Mt. Lebanon SHS is a large facility with something for everyone, but consistent with its larger size it can be intimidating and create disaffection for teens who don't find their identity. Maybe that's just the nature of the teen years. As in any school, there is a range in the quality of teachers, from truly outstanding educators to sub-standard performers. I would say the quality overall trends to the good+ level. It can be a rigorous and competitive environment, which is primarily influenced by the expectations of parents, community, and students themselves. Virtually everyone will emerge prepared and competent academically, but that is because the student cohort is strong & competitive enough to raise the tide for everyone. Beyond academics, the school district has a strong commitment to music, performance arts and studio arts, so the artistically inclined can find an expressive outlet. Additionally, there are numerous athletic opportunities, including a wide range of intramural sports for students who may not have "made the team." Overall, it's a very good public high school.

Posted April 09, 2014
As an alumni of Mt. Lebanon Senior High School and current college student. I can say that I am much more prepared for college classes than my peers. I feel MTL did an extraordinary job of preparing students for college and I am forever grateful. The relationships I formed with some of my high school teachers I will always cherish and I have only good memories from this great school. I owe my success in college to them and will be forever grateful.

Posted March 12, 2014
I do not feel the students here are ready for the math section of testing this year. Many students are complaining that they are not getting the skills they need to complete the math expectations.

Posted January 06, 2014
Some nice teachers, some not so nice. My brother and and his boyfriend of over 10 years walked through the building to pick up my son once- they said a woman teacher called them freaks as they held hands at a certain moment. Not a very accepting school, this is 2014, they need to open up their eyes. If they can't accept people for their differences, then people are no longer going to accept Mount Lebanon as the great school it "was".

Mt Lebanon Senior High School 4

Posted December 06, 2013
Nice school that is getting redone! The math teachers and math substitutes here do an excellent job, very high standards! The students are very respectful and mature for High School level. My daughter use to come home and tell me how great her math sub was for the day. If their subs are that great, the rest of the school must be spectacular.

Posted June 06, 2012
I graduated MTL SHS in 1998 and still look back on my time there as a key factor leading to my success in college and beyond. MTL students always seemed to be better prepared than others I met in college and later in life, which I attrubute to the diversity of classes offered and the high standards to which the school holds it's staff and students.

Posted October 04, 2010
We have been very pleased with the quality of education our two children have received in the Mt. Lebanon school district. The vast majority of the teachers and administrators have been outstanding. The few that did not quite meet the level of outstanding were at least competent. The poor spelling and writing skills of the two negative reviews lead me to question their credibility and authenticity.

Mt Lebanon Senior High School 0

Posted February 14, 2010
All three of our children went through and graduated from the Mt. Lebanon school system. Having gone to a city school I was highly impressed with the qaulity of the education offered. My oldest went on to Princeton and told me that she was well prepared for it. My other children also recieved excellent educations with and although not top achievers turned out quite well. When one of my children was asked About how Mt. Lebanon compared to a highly regarded private school where she taught. She replied that Mt. Lebanon was much better and more progressive in more ways than you could imagine.

Mt Lebanon Senior High School
155 Cochran Rd, Pittsburgh, PA  15228
(412) 344-2003
Last modified Mt Lebanon Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mt Lebanon Senior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top