Bad
Good

This is a close knit walking community. There are seven elementary, two middle and one high schools. The elementary is k through fifth grade, the middle is sixth through 8th and the HS is 9 thru 12.. Music is entered at a young age and required for all students beginning at 3rd grade. Languages are begun in middle school although it is believed the program is being pushed back into the elementary schools within the next few years. The English programs are one national recognition and the math and sciences are year after year at the 96 and above proficient levels. The Arts programs are also nationally recognized. The school has a strong sports program which allows all levels of student participation. 99% of students continue on into some type of education after high school whether it is trade, community college, or university. 15% a annually are accepted into the top 20 schools in the country.

The children of wealthy parents are favored. This entire area is extremely snobby. Unless you have connections or wealth, run! Drugs and alcohol issues abound. Children who are struggling fall short. Glad we moved.

I am going into my junior year at the high school, and I love this school. The kids are nice, there are many clubs and activities (I personally partake in the superb theatre and choir programs). I have yet to meet a teacher that was mean to me. Since transferring to Mt. Lebanon, my grades and GPA have improved and I feel more and more prepared to take my SATS by day. Mt. Lebanon High School will help me get into the college of my choice, and I couldn't be more grateful.

I'm a parent who in the near future will have had 3 children graduate from the high school. The Mt. Lebanon SHS is a large facility with something for everyone, but consistent with its larger size it can be intimidating and create disaffection for teens who don't find their identity. Maybe that's just the nature of the teen years. As in any school, there is a range in the quality of teachers, from truly outstanding educators to sub-standard performers. I would say the quality overall trends to the good+ level. It can be a rigorous and competitive environment, which is primarily influenced by the expectations of parents, community, and students themselves. Virtually everyone will emerge prepared and competent academically, but that is because the student cohort is strong & competitive enough to raise the tide for everyone. Beyond academics, the school district has a strong commitment to music, performance arts and studio arts, so the artistically inclined can find an expressive outlet. Additionally, there are numerous athletic opportunities, including a wide range of intramural sports for students who may not have "made the team." Overall, it's a very good public high school.

As an alumni of Mt. Lebanon Senior High School and current college student. I can say that I am much more prepared for college classes than my peers. I feel MTL did an extraordinary job of preparing students for college and I am forever grateful. The relationships I formed with some of my high school teachers I will always cherish and I have only good memories from this great school. I owe my success in college to them and will be forever grateful.

I do not feel the students here are ready for the math section of testing this year. Many students are complaining that they are not getting the skills they need to complete the math expectations.

Some nice teachers, some not so nice. My brother and and his boyfriend of over 10 years walked through the building to pick up my son once- they said a woman teacher called them freaks as they held hands at a certain moment. Not a very accepting school, this is 2014, they need to open up their eyes. If they can't accept people for their differences, then people are no longer going to accept Mount Lebanon as the great school it "was".

Nice school that is getting redone! The math teachers and math substitutes here do an excellent job, very high standards! The students are very respectful and mature for High School level. My daughter use to come home and tell me how great her math sub was for the day. If their subs are that great, the rest of the school must be spectacular.

I graduated MTL SHS in 1998 and still look back on my time there as a key factor leading to my success in college and beyond. MTL students always seemed to be better prepared than others I met in college and later in life, which I attrubute to the diversity of classes offered and the high standards to which the school holds it's staff and students.

We have been very pleased with the quality of education our two children have received in the Mt. Lebanon school district. The vast majority of the teachers and administrators have been outstanding. The few that did not quite meet the level of outstanding were at least competent. The poor spelling and writing skills of the two negative reviews lead me to question their credibility and authenticity.

Last modified Mt Lebanon Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.