Posted June 07, 2013
This is an amazing school! My daughter is entering the 5th grade and she has received an excellent education these past 5 years (K-4). The teachers and the staff care so much for the students. They are always working for grants to enrich the school experience for the students. It is truly a great place to send your child.

Posted February 27, 2011
After researching several schools, including the Environmental Charter School, St. Maurice Catholic School, and Shadyside Academy, we decided to take a chance an send our two young boys to Edgewood Elementary (formerly Edgewood Primary). I don't think we could be more impressed with the stellar teaching and learning that goes on at the school. One of our sons is in Ms. Reifman's Pre-K class, and his brother is in Mrs. Judge's 1st grade class. These teachers really care about the quality of lessons and activities they do every day. Aside from quarterly grade reports, we get oral updates when we pick up our children from school, or in the form of messages in their folders. We feel that the teachers recognize the strengths and weaknesses in our boys and treat them as unique individuals. This was a hard decision to put our sons in a public school since we had been living overseas for the past 11 years and wanted the transition to the States for the boys to go smoothly. And now, we are so very pleased and thankful for the wonderful teachers and principal at Edgewood Elementary.

Posted June 30, 2010
The teachers we have had have been great. My daughter is learning. She enjoys school and, except Fridays, always has homework. The staff is courteous, the teacher and principal return messages, and they have offered websites, extra work, and when my daughter is out they have her homework ready to go. Personally, I think everyone should send their kids wherever they want. Parental involvement and paying attention is much more important than where a kid goes to school. That is one reason why this topic will always be discussed, parents must take responsibility to be sure their kids learn. Do some research and it will show it as well.

Posted April 08, 2010
We've had nothing but great teachers. The principal is excellent, involved and aware of every student. My kids feel safe and have lots of friends. The PTO does a good job of organizing fundraisers and special events.

Posted October 15, 2008
Edegwood primary is a great atmosphere for students. The teachers a great and communicate with the parents. My son attended Ms Cats kindergarten class and he had trouble at first but she turned him around. Thank you Mrs. Cat

Edgewood Primary School 0

Posted October 01, 2008
I love Edgewood Primary & am very grateful that my daughter gets to attend there. Thier teachers are awesome, very sweet-unfortunately my daughter only has 1 more year there.

Posted September 07, 2008

Posted May 02, 2008
for regular education average kids Edgewood is great. However, for the child who is anything other than the average kid (gifted, or special education) the school is bad.

Edgewood Primary School 1

Posted November 28, 2007
The intentions of this school are excellent and they are really good at 'keeping up appearances.' Unfortunately, it falls short in every area. Students are taught an age-based curriculum regardless of aptitude or skill level and the instruction is not up to the standards elsewhere in the country. The staff is indifferent and occasionally rude. Messages will never be returned--I had to go in person to ask the simplest of 'yes/no' questions. It was ridiculous. Look into Propel.

Posted August 30, 2007
Being that my daughter was enrolled for a short time, our time was an advantageous one. Her teacher, though sort of new, was great w/ all interactions w/ myself and daughter. She quickly recognized that my daughter was performing academically at a much higher level and chose to challenge her academically & creatively. The teacher(s) are all pretty caring and you can see the effort that is put forth daily in the children. However, parent involvement is minimal in the classroom and school-wide events, even thou there is a pretty active PTA.

Edgewood Primary School