Pittsburgh, PA

Posted December 06, 2014
I find it difficult to rate all aspects of this school in one review. The teachers my son had were exceptional for the most part. They really care about the students and definitely take pride and accountability in their work. They will go the extra distance and it makes the parent partnership seamless. My son really likes all of his teachers, and has found a wonderful teacher mentor. The office staff and guidance counselors are friendly and helpful. The vice principal, Mr. Swoger is the perfect compliment to principal Stark. He is able to forge relationships with students and communicate effectively with parents while she is more disciplinarian. This faculty cares about its students, and they try to reach out to each one. The academics are fantastic and requires the students to work hard to make good grades. The teachers have high expectations and students continually meet them. Socially, the school is trying very hard to create a nurturing environment for all students with diversity and anti bullying programs. However, it's not necessarily the most effective due to the homogeneity of the group. This goes beyond the school, and it's impossible to fault them because they really try.

Ingomar Middle School 3

Posted May 16, 2011
I currently go to IMS. It has its good staff and its bad staff when it comes to education. but when it comes to the staff in terms of teaching, they could interact more. some teachers teach different, like one of mine treats us like babies and spends about a month on a chapter. the principal and vice principal pay almost no attention to you, and alot of people suspect that the teachers rig the student council elections for who will win.

Posted May 15, 2011
This school is below awful when it comes to student teacher interaction. My sister was traumatized by the staff and has never fully recovered. Its a good school for an overachiever, but awful for special needs. If you or your child has special needs.. STAY AWAY!! I would recomend Carson Middle Scool because they have great special needs programs and a great staff.

Posted April 13, 2011
I went to Ingomar and eventually to high school @ NA. I got a 1st class education and I wouldn't have traded it for anything or any other school, public or private. It wasn't at all perfect, but overall, they did things right @ NA. I always thought they should be a model for other schools to follow.

Posted March 20, 2010

Posted March 14, 2010
Im currently a student at ingomar and I love it! the teachers are amazing and so is the school in general! this year is my first year and it is so welcoming!

Posted November 12, 2009
I have gone to IMS and absolutely love it! Every one there is so supportive and it is truly someplace special. I am now at the high school, and It is a very large district. There are so many advantages to this. We get to take classes almost never offered, have top of the line sports, and I wish everyone could go to such a great school

Posted August 15, 2009
My child has so many friends, and the NA school district, there is so much biodiversity. As well, my child thinks that the teachers are friendly, and are always there to help!

Ingomar Middle School 2

Posted May 08, 2009

Posted April 07, 2009
I have asked for help with my struggling, frustrated son for years and have received minimal, intermittent assistance. More needs to be done for the average student - I'm sick of the excuse that N.A. has so many 'above average' kids. Do we then just let the others fail because they need more help???

Ingomar Middle School
1521 Ingomar Heights Rd, Pittsburgh, PA  15237
Last modified Ingomar Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ingomar Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top