Bad
Good

My son attended North Hills High school. While going there I expressed some major concerns with the guidance counselor he was having at home. They did nothing to help him while he was in school. Instead he became labeled as a bad kid. Once he was put into an alternative program , I found out they have a group sessions for kids dealing with anger. This would of been very helpful before he ended up in alternative school. The school was trying very hard to expel my son. I requested a meeting for an IEP ( something I heard of from another parent) The school said they would get the process started, only to have me leave without signing a consent form. I had to get an advocate from the state to help me. Everything than moved very quickly, my son was then diagnosed with ADHD, and needed an IEP. Every teacher who had to sign the form for the IEP, was surprised he hadn't had one, yet none of the teachers requested one for him. I believe North hills is a great school if you have the perfect child, other than that they would rather not deal with your child . Be proactive and fight for your child, because they don't care, and wont help you.

i am having an issue with my son being bullied we moved here from beaver pa we are not wealthy just average people my son is friendly ,funny and caring and has always been every ones friend. a few kids pick on my son for the clothes he wears the girls he dates the friends he keeps where we are from...ect. I have brought up the issues including physical bullying and nothing has been done about it some of the boys he dose not even know who they are, and in a population of over 1000 students in 7-9 that makes sense.. but the counselor says nothing can be done if he doesn't know them... I don't feel like they are doing their jobs at keeping our kids safe. I've also been told by several kids both in middle and high school there that drugs come through the halls all the time. I feel that north hills wont do anything cause they don't want the school to look bad!!!! id rather our kids be safe...

my child moved ffom Noth Allegheny to North Hills and is diong alot worse. Kids are teaseing her about what she is wearing and how she looks! And no one is doing anything! This is soo much worse than North Allegheny!

This is a fantastic Jr High School that handles discipline as best as can be expected within their means. They use a team teaching system which makes the kids feel a part of something smaller than a gigantic school poplulation. This a huge benefit as they transition from the smaller elementary schools.

My child was being bullied by a few kids. After numerous encounters they did not handle the situation well! They have a 'no bully' policy that involves the bully and the victim being punished together. What a great policy!

Last modified North Hills Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.