9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted September 22, 2015
This varies from teacher to teacher. Some assign a large amount of homework, others not so much. For the most part, students are given adequate warning about bigger projects and assignments. They have to learn to manage their time, which is one of the challenges of being a teenager today.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted September 22, 2015
Students are encouraged to try something new, such as start a club or join a new sport. Students support each other in these new ventures.

Posted September 22, 2015
Both of my children graduated recently from Seton-La Salle. They were extremely well-prepared for college. In fact, they both received substantial academic scholarships, in part due to the excellent academic preparation they received in high school. As freshmen, they were introduced to a new sport, which they had never played before. They were welcomed on the teams, and were included in every way. Religion is an important part of the culture at the school; students treat each other with respect and dignity. I am aware of a number of students who transferred into the school because of bad social experiences (such as bullying) in their previous school. These new students were pleased with their decision to transfer to Seton. Again, all students are expected to treat each other (and the adults in the building) with respect. That attitude permeates the building, making it a positive place for the students to learn and mature.

Seton-La Salle High School 1

Posted June 13, 2014
False promises and unsatisfactory help. I went to Seton for my freshman year, hoping that it would do its job for "preparing me for the next step in life'. That was wrong however. Teacher help is hard to come by, and organization is also not where it should be. Instead of finding substitute teachers, we would spend hours at a time sitting in a gym. Some teachers were very unhelpful, and kept reminding us that "they hate their job". There is a lot of cruelness between the kids, and not much discipline is taken against it. The biggest joke was the chromebooks. Sure seton can hand out chromebooks. It makes them look good. But do they actually use them? No. I was hoping that the chromebook would help me be more organized, but that was far from true. We used the chromebook in about 2 out of the 8 classes every day. It was so confusing to keep going back and forth from text book to computer. I feel they took on the technology, but had no idea on how to actually use it in a productive manor. I would definitely not recommend this school to anyone.

Posted June 26, 2013
Great school, with amazing technology. I graduated several years ago, and came back to help out with a JA program. I was blown away by the changes in the school. This school has better instructional technology than most of the public schools in the area. Every child is given a lap top, and every classroom has a SmartBoard (we had maybe 2 in the entire school when I graduated). With the changes in education, SLS is keeping up, and ahead of most schools when it comes to technology in the classroom. Athletics are phenomenal, and the teachers truly care about each student's success. I will be sending my kids here in the future if I am still in the area.

Seton-La Salle High School 1

Posted June 03, 2013
I attended Seton for 3 years. I know, it s not ideal to leave after junior year, but I could not take it anymore. The social environment is extremely unhealthy. The girls are very catty and it seems that the school revolves around cliques. The boys are very immature and quite rude. I have witnessed truly cruel behavior to new students, and other than the academics being (somewhat) strong, I would not recommend this school to anyone.

Posted March 10, 2010
Seton- La Salle has provided me with a great experience of hard work preparing me for college. I enjoy being in the friendly atmosphere with all of my friends.

Posted August 26, 2008
I found this school very hard to deal with. The people are co-operative until your child is accepted then they give the attitude that you and your child are just something to deal with as pleasantly as possible. they should run for government office. I find that they tended to talk around you but not to you.

Posted October 30, 2005
Seton-La Salle provided me with an education that prepared me for the next steps in my life. The teachers are excellent and the quality of education is top-notch. In my opinion, SLS is among the top in the area.

1000 McNeilly Road, Pittsburgh, PA  15226
Last modified Seton-La Salle High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12