Posted November 07, 2013
Sacred Heart is a fantastic school. The kids come from good families; the teachers are good at what they do; the principal is an excellent and well-loved leader; and the pastor of the parish takes an active interest in the school. My kids like going to school each day; they like their peers, their teachers, and what they learn. The only caution I would give is that it's not a school for helicopter parents. The teachers are responsive to parent concerns, but they focus on teaching classes of 20-30 kids and not on encouraging your little flower to blossom. I like that - I think it's good for kids to know that they aren't the center of the universe - but some parents don't. It's also not set up to provide gifted or special needs kids with the support they need. Gifted kids will do fine without it; the school's test scores show that in spades. Kids with special needs will likely have to look to a school that is more equipped to help them.

Posted October 29, 2012
I pulled both of my daughters out of the Pittsburgh Public schools and enrolled them at Sacred Heart. It was the best thing I ever did for them. This school has raised the bar on education for them and the teachers are actively engaged with parents too.

Sacred Heart Elementary School 2

Posted September 11, 2011
My child attended this school in Kindergarten and I chose to not return. I was an invested parent and involved in the school but ultimately disappointed . SHES does very little in the building of one self confidence and self esteem .The classroom is too large (29 kids with one teacher and part time aide) for individual learning and or individual attention. Its an ok school if your kids fit the mold and parents do what is told, but if you want something more than a traditional approach and that is flexible in its approach to learning - this school isn't it.

Sacred Heart Elementary School 2

Posted September 21, 2010
My child attended this school from Kindergarten until I pulled her out in 3rd grade. On the lower levels this school seems ok however the school does not try to bring out the gifts and talents of each individual. If you do not fit the mold, then you will struggle. Although they receive discipline and structure, they do nothing to build self-esteem and self confidence. Additionally, the class sizes are too large for tuition that is over $4000 a year.

Posted September 09, 2010
Love this school! Both of my children have had a great education here. They love it , great teachers and activities. Above average test scores. Wonderful environment.

Sacred Heart Elementary School 1

Posted August 24, 2010
I had (2) children enrolled in this school, My oldest son at the time was bulled for years, Teachers and the principal refused to take any action. It's a shame i had to spend a lot of money for my child to be bullied. Parents shun you if you are not part of the click. I am glad my children have moved on!

Posted May 15, 2009

Sacred Heart Elementary School 0

Posted October 29, 2008
This is a great school. If you child follows directions and respects authority then they will do fine at Sacred Heart. This school has very high expectations of the students along with the administration. I have had children at Sacred Heart for the last nine years. You will not realize the benefits that this school provids until you have your child go on to high school. The greatest benefit is the study skills and the organizational skills they teach the kids. The students are challenged academically and they are very well prepared for high school.

Sacred Heart Elementary School 4

Posted October 20, 2008
The school is great if you have a child that fits the mold. If they are too shy, have behavioral or academic problems or are above average, this may not be the school for you however. I love the school, but am considering pulling my child out because they may no be able to give her what she needs.

Posted April 29, 2008
This is a GREAT school, We have had children attending since 1995, and have been very pleased with the teachers, the administrators and the families involved. We highly recommend it for the academics, the spiritual environment and the great people!!!!

Sacred Heart Elementary School
325 Emerson Street, Pittsburgh, PA  15206
Last modified Sacred Heart Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Sacred Heart Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top