9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted September 06, 2015
I am grateful that my parents made the sacrifice and sent all 6 of their children to Bishop Canevin. I received a faith-filled and academically excellent education that more that prepared me for college. I have carried the values instilled in me into my everyday life, especially service to others. If I am in the area, I will definitely send my children to Bishop Canevin High School. It's worth every penny!

Bishop Canevin High School 1

Posted March 10, 2014
I attended this school before it was rebranded as Bishop Canevin. Back then it was simply Canevin Catholic High School. I hope things have changed, but back then the only lesson I learned from this place was that money and popularity are everything. Since I didn't play sports and my family wasn't wealthy, the administration didn't care about me at all. I was even openly laughed at and mocked by teachers during class!

Posted November 11, 2009
My son graduated from Bishop Canevin in 2009 and I would definitely recommend this school. Kenneth Sinagra has done a great job at encouraging academic achievement and community service. If you are looking for a great school that will instill good moral values, this is the school for you. My son was accepted at every college he applied to and is currently attending a wonderful university.

Posted October 03, 2009
my daughter is a freshman and is so happy with her choice of this school. if she's happy,i'm happy

Bishop Canevin High School 2

Posted July 14, 2009
My son attended Bishop Canevin this year(2009) and I would caution parents about sending their child to this school. If your child is a self-motivated honor student that doesn't ever say boo or step out of line-- Canevin is a great school. If your child has any academic or personal issues they are not treated with respect/dignity. While some students may respond well to intimidation techniques and boot camp ideas mine did not.The teachers were not the problem. It was administration.

Posted October 13, 2008
Four of our children have graduated from Bishop Canevin and all have been very well prepared for college and adulthood. All four truly appreciated their experience at Bishop Canevin when they saw how they compared with other students at a large university. Academics, activities, athletics, and reinforcement of moral values makes this an outstanding high school. Would strongly recommend.

Posted May 31, 2006
I have one graduate from Canevin, as well as a child that is attending presently. I must say that this school has improved immensely in the four years the Kenneth Sinagra has been principal. I would have had reservations about recommending Canevin to a parent prior to his arrival, but the disciplinary problems have been squelched and enrollment is the highest its been in a very long time. Academically, there are a lot of great teachers at Canevin, but as you would find at any school, also some duds. Through feedback from both of my students, I believe that one only encounters the great teachers in the higher level courses. There are only 3 AP courses available, but my graduate still believes that she was well prepared for college. All in all, I would absolutely recommend this school at the state that it is in now.

Posted September 29, 2004
My child attend this school and I think they get a award for the best school in the city.

Posted September 09, 2003
canevin was great school for my sons the overall atmosphere was one of 'good moral value' and caring

Posted August 22, 2003
The band program was really cool in from 1999-2002. Now it's even cooler!

Bishop Canevin High School
2700 Morange Road, Pittsburgh, PA  15205
Last modified Bishop Canevin High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Bishop Canevin High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top