Pittsburgh, PA
Before care: Yes

Posted October 23, 2014
I am currently a student at Saint John the Baptist School in Plum Borough, and I am preparing for high school in the near future, and I feel completely confident that I am ready to face that challenge. All the teachers have been preparing my classmates and me for years. I have been writing research papers for three years and my English teacher has taught me tons; from notecards to thesis statements to sentence outlines. Our school offers many academic opportunities, including Spanish, Algebra, and art and music programs. We also have a school band. I love the family environment, too. I feel comfortable talking to any student. My class is truly like a family. We all love each other like brothers and sisters. That is something special! The teachers are always willing to give students the attention they need. I love the all around environment and aspect of Saint John's. It is a place that I would suggest to anyone. I am positive that if you are looking for a great school for your child, SJBS is the right fit.

Posted September 29, 2014
I come from a strong Catholic School back ground and to see the same discipline, nurturing and spiritual growth that I went through, convinces me that St John s in Plum is number one. Other than the disappearance of the nuns I am very impressed with the qualified teachers and principal that treat you like one of the family. Involvement is the key to a child s success and at St John s it is easy to become a part of because everyone is of one team. From the parents to the principal down to the youngest of the preschoolers, the upper class is always so willing to teach good examples to the lower class. This is an excellent place to watch our children grow into becoming a leader in one form or another and in setting a good strong foundation for their future lives.

Posted September 28, 2014
Fantastic school; the principal works continually with parents and staff to come up with new & exciting programs, opportunities & creative fundraisers. All children are given a great deal of love & care. The school teaches Catholic values and prepare students for contributing to the world of today and tomorrow.

Posted September 28, 2014
St. John the Baptist School is a wonderful school where the teachers are caring, nurturing, and excellent educators. There are many extra-curricular activities for the kids. The parents get involved and I have made many good friends with other parents. My older 2 who went to St. John's were extremely well-prepared for high school. It's a great community and worth the financial struggle of coming up with tuition!

Posted September 28, 2014
I was hired here in May 2014 to teach at St. John the Baptist School. It was the best decision I have ever made, I am so impressed with the teachers, principal and students of this school. The teachers are highly qualified and dedicated to their profession- they are kind, caring and strive to bring out the best in each and every student. The principal is wonderful- a former teacher herself who strives to make sure that parents, teachers and students work together for the academic and personal success of the children. The students are highly motivated to do well in school because of the positive atmosphere St. John's encourages. The parents are wonderful to work with- they want the best for their child and are willing to work with the teachers to help their child succeed. It is truly a family atmosphere!! If you are considering placing your child in a private school that encourages academic success, personal and spiritual growth, consider St. John the Baptist School in Plum PA. You will not be disappointed!

Posted September 27, 2014
St John the Baptist is a wonderful school with caring teachers. The teachers work with you and make you a part of your child's education. My daughter excelled at St John's and was way ahead of others when she moved on to Oakland Catholic where she took all honors classes. She still talks about her days at St John's and all the wonderful memories of sports, passion play, May crowning, etc. What she learned at St John's such as study habits, orginizational skills along with the curriculum have helped prepare her for a very tough major in college. I am very pleased with our choice of St John the Baptist.

Posted August 27, 2014
My wife attended Catholic schools through high school, while I attended schools in Plum. When my wife told me that she wanted to send our children to a Catholic school, I balked - public schools were good enough for me back when, and it was an extra expense. But, I finally agreed, and we visited several schools before deciding on St. John's - it was the best decision we've ever made for our children. The teachers all have different personalities, but the one thing they all have in common is that they are great teachers. They are great teachers because they care about each and every student - no one will fall through the cracks. If there was an issue, it was addressed through a note home, a phone call, a parent - teacher conference. There are some who might say that the facilities need updated, but I don't think so - the facilities look like those of a classic elementary school, and have everything an elementary school needs. We had 5 children in St. John's, and two have moved on to high school, which has been so much easier for them because of St. John's. The best thing parents can do for their children is to give them the best education possible - St. John's is that place.

Posted August 26, 2014
Our daughter has been attending this school now for several years, and we couldn't be happier. She absolutely loves it. Small classes, great hands on attention. Feels like a family. St. John's is a great place for her to learn and grow in order to prepare for High school. The faculty is always there for questions, and extra help.

Posted August 23, 2014
One of the best decisions I ever made was to enroll my son in St. John the Baptist School. Not only is he getting a great education in a loving atmosphere, we have also gained a whole new family, the St. John's family. The teachers truly love and respect the children. We could not be happier!!

Posted August 22, 2014
As a current teacher (for 22 years) and parent...and an alumna of the school, I encourage any parent reading this to visit St. John the Baptist School. It is an extremely family oriented setting which includes a phenomenal staff of highly educated teachers who LOVE teaching here. We take great pride in our vocation of educating our students in academics, faith formation, arts, physical education and technology while partnering with parents to help them to grow to become the next generation of leaders in faith and in all aspects of life. This evidence is available when you visit and inquire about our standardized test scores. Your child is worth your time in visiting and inquiring about our school. We are working diligently to find ways to help parents reduce the tuition they pay. There are a number of great options for you. You won't find a more dedicated, hard-working staff anywhere! Come in and take a tour. You'll be very satisfied and pleased that you did! Submitted by a teacher

St John The Baptist School
418 Unity Center Road, Pittsburgh, PA  15239
Last modified St John The Baptist School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St John The Baptist School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top