Posted February 14, 2012
BLSMMA what can I say about the school well for one the staff is amazing. From the office to the classroom they go above and beyond to make sure your child gets the best education .The parents are also amazing very much involved with the school. They have sports programs ,after school programs and daycare The school its self is very clean, great gym and lunch room. And we don't want to forget the schools alumni they are one of a kind.

Posted February 14, 2012
I am a mother of a 7th grader, and I am very pleased with the education my child us receiving. The teachers and staff are excellent. They will go out of there way to make sure my child understands the work that they teaching. I love the smaller class sizes because, it allows the teachers to give the students more time with them individually. I can't see placing my child in another school.

Bishop Leonard-St Mary Of The Mount Academy 4

Posted February 09, 2012
My son attended this school and my daughter still attends. My son was well prepared for high school when leaving BLSMMA. My daughter is exceeding in all her classes. Our staff takes pride in the academics they teach. We are a tight knit school family. We provide a great education and strong catholic beliefs. We are centrally located on Mt. Washington, close to downtown Pgh. You could reach your child in less then 10 minutes in case of an emergency. We have a state accredited child care for before and after school care. We have a great sports program and provide the children with plenty of extra curricular activitites.

Posted February 09, 2012
Both of my kids went to St. Mary of the Mount now BLSMMA, and both graduated number one in their class in 8th grade. They went on to a catholic high school and did extemely well. They received a great education along with strong moral guidance to prepare them and guide them for the rest of their lives.

Posted February 08, 2012
My son attended this school coming from public school. When he came he was behind in reading and math. After a few months he was caught up thanks to the dedicated teachers and staff at BLSMMA. Currently my daughter is attending this school. She is doing great. The principle, staff and teachers are wonderful.. Lots of community activities. Very happy with BLSMMA.

Bishop Leonard-St Mary Of The Mount Academy 4

Posted May 03, 2011
My son is a student at BLSMMA. He is doing great here. The leadership by our principal is very good, strict when need be but cares about each and every child in the school. She makes it a good learning environment. The teachers have great teaching skills, They have full control of their classroom, but easily accessable for questions or when a student needs help. My son has blossomed here. BLSMMA is a great school.

Posted May 02, 2011
BLSMMA is an outstanding school with many dedicated teachers and staff members. We do more than educate the child academically, we also allow them to grow spiritually, emotionally and socially. We invite anyone to come and visit us for the day to witness this. If you don't. then you really have no reason to speak negatively of us. The only challenge left is to somehow get everyone to accept that it is a merger school!

Bishop Leonard-St Mary Of The Mount Academy 1

Posted April 03, 2011
My son is about to graduate from BLSMMA. I am very disappointed in the education he has received. Several of our friends have taken their children out of catholic schools and put them in public schools only to find out that their straight A students are now significantly behind in all their subjects. BLSMMA has done nothing to prepare our son for high-school. In my opinion the school is a glorified Day-Care.

Bishop Leonard-St Mary Of The Mount Academy 0

Posted January 04, 2010
I am the parent of a first grader at blsmma. my daughter has attended blsmma since her first year in pre-school. The teachers are excellent! The school has come a long way in the last few years!

Posted May 29, 2005
This school has great teachers that care about the kids. They do all kinds of fund raisers to help the kids have field trips. They offer a daycare center for 2 yrs and up, afterschool program, summer program. The parents are involved with the school. They have a variety of sports they offer for 3rd grade and up.

Bishop Leonard-St Mary Of The Mount Academy
115 Bigham Street, Pittsburgh, PA  15211
Last modified Bishop Leonard-St Mary Of The Mount Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Bishop Leonard-St Mary Of The Mount Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top