Posted June 02, 2015
Our oldest daughter just finished up full day Kindergarten at St. Teresa's and we couldn't have been happier with the experience! People ask me all the time why if I live in a "good" school district I opted to send my child to Catholic school. The answer is always the community! My child is surrounded by teachers who are looking to get kids excited by learning and kids who are interested in helping each other succeed. My kindergartner loved her 8th grade buddy and is sad not to see her on a daily basis! As a parent of someone going to school for the first time, the parents of the other kids in Kindergarten or higher grades were so helpful and supportive.

Posted June 02, 2015
We cannot say enough wonderful things about Saint Teresa's. Mrs. Cain and Mrs. Yovetich were WONDERFUL. Our son has already said "mom, I miss my kindergarten " and is so excited to go back this fall! I never imagined we would be paying for private school as we live in N. Allegheny School District. However, this is $$$ well spent. There is just an entire different whole person concept attached to faith based learning. Our son is on the shy, quiet side. We were more than nervous about him going off to kindergarten and how would he do emotionally, socially, intellectually. He has THRIVED and we are so thrilled with Saint Teresa's.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted June 02, 2015
my son now asks me if we can give some things to 'poor and sick people.' He asks a lot of questions about the homeless, the sick, the poor. I love that he is aware of social issues and genuinely cares and is compassionate to those less fortunate.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 02, 2015
Just yesterday we were in G. Eagle parking lot and there was an empty can --someone had littered. My son said "mommy, this is God's world. this is terrible, someone littered. They are not taking care of the world that God gave us. " He went on and on to tell me about recycling and being kind to the environment. This is one of many examples I could give of non textbook learning that he has taken home from Saint Teresa's.

St. Teresa of Avila School 1

Posted January 01, 2015
I had the worse experience at this school. The new principal is not supportive at all, the kindergarten teacher is extremely cold and mean to the kids, needles to say my son was not thriving there, he was not happy, he was having according to the teacher "behavioral problems" I met with the principal and teacher to discuss his problems and they didn't offer any support or explanations. I decided to trust my motherly instincts and removed him from this school. Best move I've ever made, I saw a sudden change in my sons life, he's doing excellent and adapted very fast to his new school. If you ask him do you want to go back to St Teresa he gets really sad and with no hesitation says no. I'd never know what they did to him, or why he was treated like he did, but we are extremely thankful that we decided to remove him from this school. He's a new kid now. Amazingly enough at my son's new school I met a mother and when I told her my experience She said her little girl left this school for the same exact reason... I just don't want any parent to ever experience what we experienced at this institution...

Posted April 30, 2014
St teresa of Avila has loving and caring teachers, supportive parents and a strong leader in our principal. Our students learn about God in all subject and practice in service projects and in other aspects of our school. Our school is a blessing!

Posted April 30, 2014
St. Teresa of Avila provides an outstanding education, wonderful school family, many team sports and extra activities not found in many schools. Choose St. Teresa and give your child a first class education.

Posted April 30, 2014
My kids school is great. They feel so comfortable and loved. They are challenged daily, but also know that it is okay to be a kid. There is a great sense of community from preK to 8th grade. It is one of the best academic schools in the area. Although athletics and activities are not the focus of the school they challenge the kids to have a balance in life. We are so very lucky to have such a school so close to our home.

Posted April 30, 2014
St. T's provides a home away from home for children. It is a place where the principal, teachers, and other parents really know and care about your child. Most importantly, St. Teresa's cultivates children that are smart, self-assured, and most importantly, caring.

Posted April 30, 2014
St. Teresa School has the most supported faculty and parent involvement is unbelievable. The principal greets every single child every single day . The teachers love the children as their own. This is my son's last year. We are very sad to say goodbye. What I can say is that my son is well prepared to start high school. They have taught the children to reach out to the needy by doing yearly service visits. I had two children go thru St. Teresa from PreK to 8th grade. It was the best decision on choosing St. Teresa School for our family. I will alway highly recommend the school to others.

800 Avila Court, Pittsburgh, PA  15237
Last modified St. Teresa of Avila School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Teresa of Avila School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top