PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

I absolutely love Saint Teresa and so do my 3 children. My children are part of a wonderful family at school. The teachers are amazing, the other kids are great, and all the families we have met are extremely kind and helpful. My children are getting a top notch education in a faith based atmosphere. My husband and I would do it all over again. I love Saint Teresa of Avila School!!!!!

St. Teresa of Avila School is 110 years strong! It is a dynamic, faith-filled environment where children, teachers, and families support one another. Join us for one of our school Masses on a Wednesday morning at 9 am, and you will witness Christ in action. These children are demonstrating growth, not just academically, but spiritually. I couldn't be more proud to have my daughters attend this school. It continues to be a blessing to our family.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

As a parish school, St. Teresa of Avila develops the whole child. Service, kindness, and outreach to others in an integral part of the education. Children attend Mass weekly and faith grounds their relationships with one another in honest and meaningful ways.

We are extremely happy with the education our kids are getting at St. Teresa school. It feels like a family. I always feel there are caring people listening who want to make a difference in the lives of our kids. There are many clubs and organizations for kids to get involved with, and the sports scene is fantastic as well. The high test scores and many honors courses the 8th graders place into is a testament to the dedication of the quality faculty. We are very pleased!!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are very dedicated and if you have a problem, they will help you figure out what to do. The school is small, so the teachers all know your child and that is one thing I love.

Develops character: Strongly agree

There is a real effort to teach the students about honesty, integrity and fairness and one way to see that is in the sports program. The focus is on skill development and inclusion--as long as a child go go practice and is eligible to play, the policy is to give each player a chance to get in the game. Some schools have a "must win" mentality, and while everyone wants to win, getting all the kids involved and teaching them good sportsmanship is more important at the elementary school level.

Amount of homework: Agree

I feel they are given more homework than their public school peers, at least in elementary school. But it's not "too much", in fact I think the public schools need to give the students more practice at home.

I do not recommend this school. My child went to this school for kindergarten and we basically suffered thru the whole time. The new principal is anything but caring, and the pre-school teacher who by the way either got fired or changed into a different grade was horrible! She shouldn't be teaching little kids, she was very cold, and seemed to hate kids. My child was terrified, and didn't want to go to school AT ALL!!!I just heard from another parent that the enrollments are extremely low, and I can see why - Not surprised at all!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

the one my child had was the worse teacher ever!!! My child came home complaining and crying everyday that she didn't liked my kid

Develops character: Strongly disagree

This school is a business, they definitely put Money before the kids. They discriminate if your child is falling behind, and do not make an effort to make you catch up! They want their scores high, and forget about the little guys!

Last modified St. Teresa of Avila School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8