St. Teresa of Avila School 1

Posted August 21, 2015
I do not recommend this school. My child went to this school for kindergarten and we basically suffered thru the whole time. The new principal is anything but caring, and the pre-school teacher who by the way either got fired or changed into a different grade was horrible! She shouldn't be teaching little kids, she was very cold, and seemed to hate kids. My child was terrified, and didn't want to go to school AT ALL!!!I just heard from another parent that the enrollments are extremely low, and I can see why - Not surprised at all!

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted August 21, 2015
the one my child had was the worse teacher ever!!! My child came home complaining and crying everyday that she didn't liked my kid

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted August 21, 2015
Not all all, my child was not as advanced as the other kids in class at first and just one month into the year they started to complaint about him, basically they pushed him to the side. My child finished 1st on his class, Can read like a 2nd grader, so I know it wasn't him. I basically waited until the year ended to see if it was him, or the teacher/school, and they proved me right!

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted August 21, 2015
This school is a business, they definitely put Money before the kids. They discriminate if your child is falling behind, and do not make an effort to make you catch up! They want their scores high, and forget about the little guys!

Posted June 02, 2015
Our oldest daughter just finished up full day Kindergarten at St. Teresa's and we couldn't have been happier with the experience! People ask me all the time why if I live in a "good" school district I opted to send my child to Catholic school. The answer is always the community! My child is surrounded by teachers who are looking to get kids excited by learning and kids who are interested in helping each other succeed. My kindergartner loved her 8th grade buddy and is sad not to see her on a daily basis! As a parent of someone going to school for the first time, the parents of the other kids in Kindergarten or higher grades were so helpful and supportive.

Posted June 02, 2015
We cannot say enough wonderful things about Saint Teresa's. Mrs. Cain and Mrs. Yovetich were WONDERFUL. Our son has already said "mom, I miss my kindergarten " and is so excited to go back this fall! I never imagined we would be paying for private school as we live in N. Allegheny School District. However, this is $$$ well spent. There is just an entire different whole person concept attached to faith based learning. Our son is on the shy, quiet side. We were more than nervous about him going off to kindergarten and how would he do emotionally, socially, intellectually. He has THRIVED and we are so thrilled with Saint Teresa's.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted June 02, 2015
my son now asks me if we can give some things to 'poor and sick people.' He asks a lot of questions about the homeless, the sick, the poor. I love that he is aware of social issues and genuinely cares and is compassionate to those less fortunate.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 02, 2015
Just yesterday we were in G. Eagle parking lot and there was an empty can --someone had littered. My son said "mommy, this is God's world. this is terrible, someone littered. They are not taking care of the world that God gave us. " He went on and on to tell me about recycling and being kind to the environment. This is one of many examples I could give of non textbook learning that he has taken home from Saint Teresa's.

St. Teresa of Avila School 1

Posted January 01, 2015
I had the worse experience at this school. The new principal is not supportive at all, the kindergarten teacher is extremely cold and mean to the kids, needles to say my son was not thriving there, he was not happy, he was having according to the teacher "behavioral problems" I met with the principal and teacher to discuss his problems and they didn't offer any support or explanations. I decided to trust my motherly instincts and removed him from this school. Best move I've ever made, I saw a sudden change in my sons life, he's doing excellent and adapted very fast to his new school. If you ask him do you want to go back to St Teresa he gets really sad and with no hesitation says no. I'd never know what they did to him, or why he was treated like he did, but we are extremely thankful that we decided to remove him from this school. He's a new kid now. Amazingly enough at my son's new school I met a mother and when I told her my experience She said her little girl left this school for the same exact reason... I just don't want any parent to ever experience what we experienced at this institution...

Posted April 30, 2014
St teresa of Avila has loving and caring teachers, supportive parents and a strong leader in our principal. Our students learn about God in all subject and practice in service projects and in other aspects of our school. Our school is a blessing!

800 Avila Court, Pittsburgh, PA  15237
Last modified St. Teresa of Avila School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Teresa of Avila School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top