PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

Ellis is like a college-level experience for K-12. The curriculum is top-notch and the focus on women's achievements and empowerment sets girls up for success. The education my daughter is getting at Ellis is incomparable.

Develops character: Strongly agree

As a parent of a girl who was emotionally bullied, I firmly believe the school did everything effectively to positively reverse the situation. I was involved in multiple conversations with the division leader and teachers. My daughter and the other student worked with the counselor to amicably resolve their tension with one another.

I have been a parent for over 15 years at Ellis. The school has transformed both of my daughters, but for two distinct and different reasons. My one daughter was very introverted and hesitant to take risks. She blossomed at Ellis with the caring and dedicated staff. My other daughter has truly a love of life and sometimes needs to have her enthusiasm contained and at times redirected. Ellis provides a nurturing environment that allows her to fully understand the rules without crushing her spirit.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers at Ellis go well above and beyond when teaching my daughter in various subject matters. One teacher in particular even took time to meet with several graduates (former A.P. Art History students) of Ellis and guide them through the Carnegie International exhibit. They spent the afternoon reflecting on the current artists and she gave them her perspective on their works.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Overall, my daughter has enjoyed her classes and is generally fond of her teachers. Like all students, she sometimes feels insecure or uncertain of her place in the classroom, but with encouragement and at parent-teacher conferences, we have been able to target her particular needs in this area. She seems to respect the learning process and feels that her teachers are very available to her when she has questions. She emails them frequently in the evenings if she has questions and they are always quite prompt in getting back to her. That far exceeds my expectations.

Amount of homework: Agree

The homework seems reasonable. My daughter tends to procrastinate a bit, so sometimes it is more than an hour of work in an evening. With her teacher's help and our guidance, she is improving in her time management skills.

When my daughter was enrolled in public school for 1st and 2nd grade, she was in a class of 32 children, bullied, punched in the stomach by a fellow classmate, and generally ignored by teachers unless she was upset or crying. As a result, she had trouble sleeping, generally disliked school, and we were alarmed. When we decided to transition her to Ellis, we were very hopeful that these issues would be solved. We were absolutely right in our choice. We could not be more thrilled with how she has grown and developed over the past three years. Raising a child has many challenges and one hopes that the schooling component will help them learn and grow and NOT be a deterrent to well-being. My daughter has been provided with consistent nurturing and guidance throughout her school experience. If conflict arose between her and another student, mediation was immediate and resolution found. When she struggled in math, she received extra efforts from her teacher and was assigned an upper school mentor. She has been given opportunities to grow and become a confidant young woman who can navigate her school world and translate those skills to the greater world. She has learned to communicate more effectively, compromise better, persevere when difficulty arises, and to gain confidence to overcome her personal struggles. The Ellis teachers have responded thoroughly and enthusiastic to my few queries about both personal and educational issues. I cannot stress enough how superb Ellis has been for my daughter. I have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending Ellis to any girl. She is empowered and enriched by her school experiences and I am ever grateful that the opportunity to send her to Ellis has been available to our family. Thank you, Ellis!

Develops character: Strongly agree

I have always found the staff at Ellis to be open and direct in communicating about its policies and my daughter's education. I have encountered no dishonest, deceitful, or unfair personnel at the school.

The Ellis School has changed my daughter's life. She's a precocious 9-year-old who felt bullied and stressed all the time at her last school. Since coming to Ellis she's relaxed into herself again. She skips in the hallways. She sings songs. AND the academic work, though more challenging than the last school, gives her great joy to complete. School administrators are kind and caring. There are many engagement opportunities for us as a family to know the school, it's programs, and other families.

Amount of homework: Agree

The last period of every day is a combined advisory and homework period. My daughter always has access to teachers during this period for extra help. She plays sports two out of three seasons and spends at most an hour a night on homework.

Last modified Ellis School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12