Pittsburgh, PA

Eden Christian Academy 5

Posted May 22, 2012
MY kids all attend Eden, Berkley hills campus. We have been there for a few years. I have had no problems with the school. Some teachers do move on, though I don't see that being a negative. The principal at out school knows every kid by name and greets them daily. There has been no bullying and their education of my kids has been amazing. The teachers and staff have been amazing and I would recommend that you check it out. Do they fundraisers? Yes,but its not mandatory. Parental involvement is encouraged, teachers go above and beyond for their students.Go, see for yourself. My girls love it there. We live in the city of Pittsburgh, and receive aid to make it possible for us. I would never send my kids anywhere else.

Posted August 08, 2011
Overall experience at Eden has been good but recent events there are enough to have us go back to public school this year. The teachers are what make this a good education. but they don't seem to be able to hang on to good staff. Mediocre is more the norm. The administration is inconsistent. The school board makes questionable decisions w/o transparancy. Make sure to thoroughly investigate. Talk to other parents first about what they've encountered.

Posted May 21, 2011
I have two children at Eden and they are both doing really well. The teachers and staff are exceptional and our kids just love them. If you have young children and are thinking about this school you won't be disappointed. The pre-school teacher Mrs. Koster is probably one of the best in the state. The patience and love she shows the students in unbelievable. Like other post have stated there are a lot of fundraiser and you have to do volunteer hrs. The volunteer hrs are no problem because you should be involved with your children's school anyways. They are trying to improve the athletics and recently joined the WPIAL for the sport programs. The only negative i see is the turnover rate of the teachers. Their salaries are alot lower in comparison to most other schools in the area and a lot of the younger teachers only stay a couple of years and move on. Overall though it is one of the top schools in the area.

Posted May 19, 2011
Eden is a great alternative to West View Elementary in the North Hills public school district. Yes, you will fund raise. It is a private school. The only private schools that do not fund raise tuition costs 20k or more. You should press your local politicians to have a voucher system in the State of PA or Allegheny County if you are tired of fundraising. Most of the teachers are young, but are great. I was disappointed the school doesn't have a real before or after school care program. Before/after school programs are standard in all schools systems in this day and age. The administration does need to be revamped.

Posted December 10, 2010
My son went to Eden from preschool to 5th grade, and while I thought their mission and overall idea behind the experience was great, their beliefs, actions, and quality were just not quite on par with my expectations. The teachers were often inexperienced and some were too strict in my opinion. The underlying atmosphere of the school is almost hyperconservative, afraid to teach even the slightest-bit controversial subjects and shielding them from the real world. My son had numerous issues with bullying during his time at the school, and I found the staff and administration to be somewhat uncooperative and actionless towards the issue. I was also a little miffed by the extreme amount of (mandatory!) fundraising and volunteer requirements. He transferred to a public school after 5th grade where he is much happier and has access to more activities and opportunities that better suit his needs.

Posted February 19, 2010
My daughter is entering full day kindergarden here, and her little sister is entering pre k 4. I think that the headmaster is overzealous in his appeals for money. To be honest, the reason I love this school is the teachers and the principal at the siebert rd campus. I selected this school because it goes through 12th grade. Their tuition is a little high compared to other schools. Not only that, but they now make you pay activity fees, supply classrooms with stuff and charge you for volunteer hours. However, that said, my kids love their teachers. I mean really Love them. Mrs Mair is the principal there and she is wonderful about talking with you and if you need help just tell her. My daughter learns well there, and genuinely loves the school. I would prefer some changes and to be honest I would recommend considering Hillcrest Christian Academy

Posted December 12, 2009
We are very pleased with the education that our children receive at Eden. The school environment is wonderful, and I believe they have exccellent leadership at the Berkley Hills Campus.

Eden Christian Academy 1

Posted April 18, 2009
With a child there who is a A student, if you send your child there, be prepared for tests and fund raising. I do not think the staff care as long as you send in a check. Many of the students are VERY misbehaving and the staff looks the other way as long as they keep paying. For them to have Christian in their name is a FARCE.

Eden Christian Academy 0

Posted January 30, 2009
This is my first year at Eden and I am very impressed by the administration, teachers, academics and Christian values. All exceed expectations. My child is in first grade and the work she does is at a 2 or 3rd grade level. This has been the best experience I have had.

Posted September 29, 2008
Terrific school academically, but a little heavy handed when it comes to other areas. The teachers genuinely care for the students and do provide a positive experience for the children. The administration leaves something to be desired in my opinion. They are not exactly forthright and clearly try to put spin on what can be perceived as unpopular or controversial policies. I guess we expected more from this organization. The student / teacher ration is nowhere near the level indicated by this website. My children experience more like a 22 to 1, not a 9 to 1. They will tell you what your children can and cannot eat, wear, and say. Also, be prepared to fundraise, fundraise, fundraise! Not a week goes by when they do not solicit funds in some manner, either by selling items or flat out asking for donations.

Eden Christian Academy
206 Siebert Road, Pittsburgh, PA  15237
Last modified Eden Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Eden Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top