Pittsburgh, PA
Before care: Yes

Posted June 22, 2014
My daughter was going to Forbes school in Penn Hills. We discovered she had a reading problem. After many meetings, and help from aids. We found that this school district was not the best fit for her. We enrolled her into St. Bartholomew school for her 2nd grade year. It was the best thing we could have done for her. The teachers are wonderful, hard working & caring. She went from getting poor scores in reading to being top of her class. St. Bartholomew is a wonderful school. Unlike Penn Hills classes are small. Your child will get the attention they need. They are just not another number in the classroom. $4900.00 is a drop in a bucket when it comes to my daughter education. It's worth every penny and then some.

Posted July 20, 2012
EXCELLENT SCHOOL! High test scores...consistently above grade level by an average of 2 years! Caring teachers...many are alumni, which really says a lot for the school! Many extracurricular activities...sports, academic competitions, etc. It is a great place, hands down. Yes, you have to pay tuition and fundraiser fees, but this is a private school and I feel that this is "part of the package" so to speak. I encourage all parents to get involved in their child's education! Don't sit back and complain...be a part of the school! My children have blossomed here and I am so grateful to everyone at the school.

Posted May 15, 2012
Their hands are out constantly for more money,more money, more money. Extremely poor leadership at the top levels. Athletic and PE programs are non existing, heads are poor excuses .... The needs of the few out weigh the needs of the many at St Barts. Far and in between will you find a Christian amongst them, This is truly distrubing in a Catholic school. THE SCHOOL IS SHROUDED IN BIGOTRY!!!

Posted August 17, 2011
What a great school Bart's is! I have a girl, entering Kindergarten, who attended the school the past two years in the ALL DAY preschool program. Wow that's great! The teachers are excellent and caring toward the students. They not only individualize but really show an involvement in the students lives, academically, athletically, and on a personal level. The school's diverse curriculum produces a well rounded child and my girl loves going to school every day!

Posted August 16, 2011
St. Bart's provides an excellent education focusing on the entire child centered around academics, leadership and morals. No where else will you find a school that has more dedicated teachers and staff. Everyone from the principal to the teachers are highly trained and go above and beyond the standard. Yes, the test scores are top-notch, but all the educators strive to work with each child to be successful. My daughter absolutely love it here! My husband and I are so blessed to have our daughter attend such a fabulous school. I only wish it went to 12th grade instead of 8th.

Posted August 15, 2011
This is a great school for my boys. The teachers are constantly finding new ways to challenge the students academically and the consistently high test scores are proof of that. I am grateful to be able to send my sons to a school that values family, faith, and respectful behavior, as well as academic excellence. The kids and families both are able to form lasting close friendships in their years at St Barts. This school is giving my children an academic, social, and religious foundation that they will carry with them always and as a parent I will do what I can to support this wonderful school.

Posted July 21, 2010
This school has gone down hill and unfortunately will meet the same fate as other catholic schools in pgh that have closed. They do focus too much on fundraising and that is distractive to the children. My son was so focused on winning a prize that he could not concentrate on anything else. I have never witnessed any strong leadership, just the same routine everyone has grown accustomed to and thus moved on to another school that better met my needs. I had two children in the school for the past six years and the quality of the education and staff has declined.

Posted April 21, 2010
St. Bartholomew School is a wonderful school with a family atmosphere. From the principal, to the top-notch teachers, this is where you want to send your child! My son loves it there, and as a parent, I couldn't be happier! It has been so nice to see the school grow...they are obviously doing things right! The test scores are very impressive, too! This is a great investment in your child's future!

Posted April 18, 2010
Good to great school. There are some small issues with fund raising fees but that is being corrected. The teachers are strong and have fresh perspectives from pre-school with Miss Craver through eighth grade with Mrs. Smith. Strong leadership at the top with Sr. Dorothy and Linda Pricer. Things are coming together nicely.

Posted March 04, 2010
The staff has great intentions but the school is poorly managed. There are better private schools in the area that are better managed and retain more students longer as a result.

St Bartholomew School